English Cockpit

too-cool

Has anyone created a English labelled cockpit for this bird yet? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 1 month later...

I was working on it, but this mod popped up! It's really good, I love it!

Then I cancelled my work. :)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1396929/

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I was able to get this mod working using JSGME but can't for the life of me work out how to use the optional metric ias or photo delete files. Has anyone else been able to figure it out?

From memory, there's a texture file that you can copy over the one that has Sgt. Schultz's mug on it. You'll need to look in the folders of the supplied files.

FWIW, I find the cockpit mod that's part of the package to be too dark and I prefer the rendering of the original cockpit so I don't use it anymore. I find myself to be quite comfortable in the original cockpit ... god I love this plane! :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Thanks Teapot, I think your right but there is some sort of problem that is above my pc skills. When you download the mod you get three files. The main one changes the cockpit to English markings, IAS to Knots and adds the photo. The other two have the files to change IAS back to kph and rids you of that terrible photo. By copying and replacing these two files into the main folder should I thought do the trick but unfortunately not.

I'm happy with the original cockpit but english tags help me while I learn the basics of the AC and yes Teapot this plane rely does rock.

Hey DrewPee, uninstall with JSGME. Then unzip \Bf-109K4 HD English Cockpit\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\Cockpit_Bf-109K-4_Textures.zip ... replace those 2 textures as you mentioned ... zip it back up ... and re-install using JSGME ... that worked for me :).

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Thanks again Teapot for your time. I've tried what you suggested with unzipping replacing the 2 textures then rezipping using JSGME but still that ugly face is there to taunt me (I know nuzing). I think I will just give up and use the original cockpit. Unless some else has had the same problem as me.

I have the English labels, but I kept the metric scale gages. I prefer kph, ata, to mph, etc. in the aircraft that have them. I switched it back to metric, but don't remember how I did it. Think I took out the one file and overwrote it.

But I still have Sargent Shultz' beautiful mug shot. Instead, it would be nice to see a photo of a German 1940's bathing suit pinup star like the USA Hollywood actress Veronica Lake of that era.

If I knew how, I would put a photo there instead of my wife... brownie points for me when she sees it! LOL!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]