logitech Extreme 3D Pro mapping

ZL2BMH

I'm an old starter to something I really enjoy. Being very disabled and bed-ridden makes anything you want to achieve doubly hard, that's why I have come to you.

I have just discovered this great sim, it's something I can actually participate in but I need a start-off help.

Being a member of the elderly, I would like to know if someone has a card made out like a keyboard with instructions for each key or what keys should I use for what command on the P51D for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick.

Many thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Welcome to DCS!

I was able to scrounge up a key sheet

http://www.m-merkert.de/files/p-51-v1121-default.pdf

and

http://hogpits.net/temp/DCS%20P-51D%20Keycard.pdf

I can also help with the logitech when I get home. Hopefully someone will jump on it before then.

Happy flying!

---------------------------------------

Just some ideas I tossed out. These are the things I use the most when I am flying but everyone's preference will be different. I grouped the buttons accordingly. If I remember right the Logitech 3D has 12 buttons..

1 Bomb arming switch right (rotary)

3 Bomb arming switch left (rotary)

4 bomb-rocket selector switch (rotary)

2 Rocket release control switch (rotary)

Pov Hat - views in cockpit

5 gun fire

6 weapons release

10 flaps up

7 flaps down

11 gear

8 oil dilute

12 radiator coolant open

9 radiator oil open

Slider - Manifold pressure or RPM (would have to figure this out to your liking since there is only one slider)

Twist - Yaw axis

Edited by Reaper_KS
adding

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Dear GUNRUN.

Wow, that is fantastic. My wife has printed it out and will get it laminated tomorrow when she goes to town. This is terrific, just what I wanted. I have found a video which shows how to map the buttons.

I came across another lovely friend called Kylania who help me so much with the A-10C Warthog.

So between the two of you your help is amazing and I really appreciate it, believe me.

If you have anything else you feel I should know please let me know on here or at zl2bmh@xtra.co.nz

Again thank you very much.

Jim.

As somebody new to DCS too I might make a couple of suggestion before you send your wife off to laminate the keycard :music_whistling:.

You can modify your keyboard under options to fit how you want it. Most things are probably set reasonably for any player, but some things I've changed to be more logical to me. For example, per default turning the cockpit lighting brighter is RAlt-L and darker RCtrl-L. But I've found turning it up is more ergonomic with RShift-L, so I changed that. Flying at night is fun :D.

Once you have found your setting you can put them into an HTML file by selecting Options => Controls and then clicking on "Make HTML" in the lower right corner. You can then open those files in a browser and copy them into a word document or spread sheet, sort them as you need most, and put them into a format you can readily use.

I put all the sections together at the front that I needed most often (Engine Control Panel, Right Switch Panel, Flight Control, Carburetor Controls, etc) in that order so I could find what I need quickest.

Most of this you will learn pretty quickly and wont need a cheat sheet much after a while ;). Practice makes perfect.

Also, how you set up your joystick, may change with experience too.

On thing I found out through experience was that trying to use the 'hat' at the top of the joystick to change your view was very difficult to do very well. After some frustration--first aerial combat tutorial--I decided to get a TrackIR. I live in Europe so it's kind of pricey. I imagine it's at least as bad in New Zealand :(, but it makes fly a whole lot more fun and easier.

Good flight :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1