v1.2.14.36041, Script Disconnects Clients

Wrecking Crew

Hi, found this new problem -- Clients get disconnected and cannot rejoin when the following script executes from a Do Script File action.

The new Mist v3.5.37 did not solve the problem.

What the script does:

When a Huey lands then a Stinger Team is deployed ~30 seconds after landing.

The script is triggered through regular events that determine when the Huey is landed. It clones a Stinger Team and places the team on the map at the location of the Huey landing. An AI Huey (HGrp11) will land at about 10:23 into the mission, or Client Hueys can be used.

The script runs fine in singleplayer. In multiplayer a window pops open and closes too fast to read it and then a disconnect window appears. As a Client I could not re-join the server until the mission was stopped and restarted on the server.

I used Witchcraft to execute the script locally and that works OK, except for a nil value return on getting the unitNameHelicopterPlayer at the end -- since that is a MP Player (Client) Name I did test commenting those lines out but in MP the disconnect still happens.

local grpNameHelicopter = 'UH-1H 03 FARP London'
local grpNameTeam = 'BLF VGrp90 Stinger'
local unitNameHelicopter = Group.getByName(grpNameHelicopter):getUnit(1):getName()
local basePos = mist.getLeadPos(grpNameHelicopter)
local baseHeadingRad = mist.getHeading(Unit.getByName(unitNameHelicopter))
local baseHeadingDeg = baseHeadingRad * 180 / math.pi
local newGroupTeam = mist.getGroupData(grpNameTeam)
local newCoords = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           x = basePos.x + ((75 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg)) - (0 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg))),
           y = basePos.z + ((75 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg)) + (0 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg))),
           heading = baseHeadingDeg,
       },
       [2] =
       {
           x = basePos.x + ((-75 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg)) - (75 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg))),
           y = basePos.z + ((-75 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg)) + (75 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg))),
           heading = baseHeadingDeg + 40,
       },
       [3] =
       {
           x = basePos.x + ((-75 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg)) - (-75 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg))),
           y = basePos.z + ((-75 * math.sin(baseHeadingDeg)) + (-75 * math.cos(baseHeadingDeg))),
           heading = baseHeadingDeg - 40,
       }
   }
for i = 1, #newGroupTeam.units do
   newGroupTeam.units[i].x = newCoords[i].x
   newGroupTeam.units[i].y = newCoords[i].y
   newGroupTeam.units[i].heading = newCoords[i].heading
end
newGroupTeam.clone = true
mist.dynAdd(newGroupTeam)
local unitNameHelicopterPlayer = Group.getByName(grpNameHelicopter):getUnit(1):getPlayerName()
trigger.action.outText(unitNameHelicopterPlayer .. ' just dropped off a Stinger team!', 20)

The mission is attached. This mission was working a few months ago on a downlevel DCSW version. Watch the Blue Huey HGrp11 for ~10 minutes or fly the Client Huey 03 and take off and go land it to generate the error.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Its not new, its the same bug as this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137906

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

hee hee thanks, wanted to be sure it wasn't *me*, but geez spent a lot of time today.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.