Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

watch how easy it is to comment

watch this

I look forward to seeing a release from Razbam this year

hold on

notice how I didnt stir up bullshit?

cmon lets all try it now

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

• 4 weeks later...

Status report on ANY announced module

Hello Razbam,

I would like to knoo status on any module for DCS. Anything is good. Just this (2014) year status not STDOT (since the dawn of time) updates...

Merci

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think I should leave them to do what theyre supposed to do... Anyways a crumb would be appreciated at this point.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...

RAZBAM, you should at least post once a month something like "thankyou for your interest, everything is still WIP" , it gives hopes and keeps some hype!

Remember, we ask because we are really interested in your work. Thanks anyway.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

They're not, their facebook page is active enough. But the last message from Prowler in this forum was this. Taken the (very) hard way, it could very well mean "I won't post anything else here".

I'm very much like Rajdary, here. I would love to see more news from them on ED forums, instead of having to check their facebook page and scroll to find stuff about DCS specifically.

If they have no news of interest, so be it. But damn I want that Mirage :D

It's actually simple. Companies that don't want to deal with PR, won't have any hype built around their products, and therefore will probably not sell the amount of products they would really like to sell.

I say, let the companies that have poor PR fail. Let the ones that keep us hyped and/or updated succeed. Capitalism at it's best.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Well, ed would be very bad if this was the case.

:huh:

Wags is pretty active ... in the other hand Belsimtek not so much, but yu know .. they spit modules out at a impressive rate :)

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, ed would be very bad if this was the case.

It's slightly different with ED. We know what kind of products ED puts out. We know the bar set by ED and Belsimtek. I will by hyped, regardless of what I do or do not hear,about a new ED module coming out.

With a new, 3rd party company though, we don't know their commitment. And if I, as a costumer, feel they can't even commit with proper PR, what makes me think their product will be any better?

I think a good example of great PR would be VEAO. Ells has set a great example of what proper communication can do for a 3rd party company. And even though I'm not a huge fan of the trainer aircraft they've built, I will be getting it. I will support a company that commits just a little bit to keeping their costumers informed.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

It's slightly different with ED. We know what kind of products ED puts out. We know the bar set by ED and Belsimtek. I will by hyped, regardless of what I do or do not hear,about a new ED module coming out.

With a new, 3rd party company though, we don't know their commitment. And if I, as a costumer, feel they can't even commit with proper PR, what makes me think their product will be any better?

I think a good example of great PR would be VEAO. Ells has set a great example of what proper communication can do for a 3rd party company. And even though I'm not a huge fan of the trainer aircraft they've built, I will be getting it. I will support a company that commits just a little bit to keeping their costumers informed.

The reality is that anyone that frequents this forum and asks for updates on a weekly basis is going to buy whatever is offered whether there is decent communication or not.. The only real deal breaker on that count would be if news gets out that a particular module is bad for whatever reason..

But anyone that is going to say "I won't buy a module that I really want because so and so didn't communicate on a weekly basis" is deluding themselves..

Everyone will crack once the module is released and that is just the way of things.

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

The reality is that anyone that frequents this forum and asks for updates on a weekly basis is going to buy whatever is offered whether there is decent communication or not.. The only real deal breaker on that count would be if news gets out that a particular module is bad for whatever reason..

But anyone that is going to say "I won't buy a module that I really want because so and so didn't communicate on a weekly basis" is deluding themselves..

Everyone will crack once the module is released and that is just the way of things.

You'd be surprised how stubborn I can be. .. I think I get it from my dad..

OK you heard it here first folks! Based on the above and the fact that RAZBAM has arguably the WORST communication of any 3rd party dev, Kasper32 will not be buying any RAZBAM modules... And since there is no reason to believe RAZBAM will change their non-communicational ways, that means Kasper32 will never buy one of their modules...

We shall see how long THAT lasts..

LOL

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

OK you heard it here first folks! Based on the above and the fact that RAZBAM has arguably the WORST communication of any 3rd party dev, Kasper32 will not be buying any RAZBAM modules... And since there is no reason to believe RAZBAM will change their non-communicational ways, that means Kasper32 will never buy one of their modules...

We shall see how long THAT lasts..

LOL

That has to BE a module first, fyi.

• Like 1

That has to BE a module first, fyi.

:lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Guys. Listen up.

The reason RAZBAM doesn't post a lot here is quite simple:

The DCS community is one of the most unforgiving and ungrateful communities towards developers I have ever seen. With the exception of a few, people instantly cry over things "missing" that were never supposed to be part of the pack, people cry over "planes with no adversaries" og "it's all trainers" or whichever other you've seen on the forum.

RAZBAM devs came here excited to show you their planned products in DCS, latest of which being posted about was the Mirage 2K. And what happened? A near 100-page cryfest about how it is the wrooooong Mirage, how it is the wrooooooong European fighter, how it is wrooooooong to work on the Mirage when other projects had been talked about earlier.

Put yourself in their place. How many times would you have to experience that do do one of the following:

-Keep quiet about updates and work silently until you were at least almost done

-Pull out of the sim entirely

You should be happy RAZBAM has picked the first. Besides the reason they are not showing a single new thing is because they are waiting on real development on their aircraft until EDGE is implemented and in general DCS does not evolve too quickly; making aircraft for a constantly changing engine is extremely hard on the level a big sim-dev like RAZBAM is expected to deliver.

Yes, the community has had some letdowns from devs promising too much, but any project you kickstart isn't guarantee to succeed! And now both "failures" are being worked hard on anyway (MiG-21, 1944) by new people!

I said it before, and I will say it again:

How I wish this forum wouldnt be 80% "But I rather want *insert aircraft/terrain/feature*!!!!"

Let devs do their own projects in their own time. They will make MUCH better products working on aircraft they are passionate about than if they are bugged constantly about every single thing they do.

/rant

• Like 2

Guys. Listen up.

The reason RAZBAM doesn't post a lot here is quite simple:

The DCS community is one of the most unforgiving and ungrateful communities towards developers I have ever seen. With the exception of a few, people instantly cry over things "missing" that were never supposed to be part of the pack, people cry over "planes with no adversaries" og "it's all trainers" or whichever other you've seen on the forum.

RAZBAM devs came here excited to show you their planned products in DCS, latest of which being posted about was the Mirage 2K. And what happened? A near 100-page cryfest about how it is the wrooooong Mirage, how it is the wrooooooong European fighter, how it is wrooooooong to work on the Mirage when other projects had been talked about earlier.

Put yourself in their place. How many times would you have to experience that do do one of the following:

-Keep quiet about updates and work silently until you were at least almost done

-Pull out of the sim entirely

You should be happy RAZBAM has picked the first. Besides the reason they are not showing a single new thing is because they are waiting on real development on their aircraft until EDGE is implemented and in general DCS does not evolve too quickly; making aircraft for a constantly changing engine is extremely hard on the level a big sim-dev like RAZBAM is expected to deliver.

Yes, the community has had some letdowns from devs promising too much, but any project you kickstart isn't guarantee to succeed! And now both "failures" are being worked hard on anyway (MiG-21, 1944) by new people!

I said it before, and I will say it again:

How I wish this forum wouldnt be 80% "But I rather want *insert aircraft/terrain/feature*!!!!"

Let devs do their own projects in their own time. They will make MUCH better products working on aircraft they are passionate about than if they are bugged constantly about every single thing they do.

/rant

10/10 would read again ;) +1

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And where do they say their development is on hold until EDGE is out? Do they state the reason for that - what is hindering them in regards to 3d modelling and systems and FM programming?

Nothing specific about EDGE, but Prowler stated numerous times that they were dependant and on hold because of the "DCS engine constant evolution" (those are more or less the words). Wheither he was talking about EDGE or not is speculation, but what is true is that he stated this a fair amount of time to answer to many people questions regarding the state of their projects.

I think that many here have grown upset to see so many projects announced by one 3rd party dev, while others would concentrate on just one or two. So yes, this resulted in something close to a cryfest in many threads. If you read Prowler post history, you'll find that he spends most of his time here trying to cool things down. Until he decided he didn't care anymore, it seems.

My concern is: while I understand that questions regarding those many projects can be raised, what's the point in being harsh about it? Just let them do their stuff. No one's gonna suffer a stroke if nothing comes out. Let's take the news as they come. If they don't, well, there are many other DCS modules to be happy about. The Mig is out soon, I'll sure get it. VEAO Hawk is nearly there too, joy! So, well, just chill out. Why make such a scandal out of this.

Again, personally I'd like to send them moral support for what it's worth, and reiterate that I really, really, really want to sit my virtual butt in their Mirage. Or anything they'll throw at me. Same is true for other projects.

Edited by tsumikae

Where is that cryfest thread? I only skimmed through http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120580 and found no single negative comment ...?

And where do they say their development is on hold until EDGE is out? Do they state the reason for that - what is hindering them in regards to 3d modelling and systems and FM programming?

If you go to their facebook page, someone asked about DCS news and they stated they are on hold untill EDGE comes out and the evolution of the game etc. mentioning that they want to wait till its stable so that what they release is not broken within an update.