Stats on any razbam module

WaitingXR145

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...mentioning that they want to wait till its stable so that what they release is not broken within an update.

Do they realize that unless ED abandons the project, that will never happen?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do they realize that unless ED abandons the project, that will never happen?

I guess they think that EDGE might introduce something that could break what they have already done or would have done if they didn't put it on hold maybe?

My best bet is that we might as well wait until EDGE is out before we hear anything from the RAZBAM guys.

And I know how my ED forumgoers hate waiting :P

I guess they think that EDGE might introduce something that could break what they have already done or would have done if they didn't put it on hold maybe?

My best bet is that we might as well wait until EDGE is out before we hear anything from the RAZBAM guys.

And I know how my ED forumgoers hate waiting :P

EDGE shouldn't impact anything they were working on.

The DCS community is one of the most unforgiving and ungrateful communities towards developers I have ever seen.

This is accurate. There is definitely room for skepticism about quality of products... I can understand wanting to make sure something is done correctly. That's constructive. But this constant "when do I get this thing" and "where is the news you owe me" crap is so painful to see.

This is accurate. There is definitely room for skepticism about quality of products... I can understand wanting to make sure something is done correctly. That's constructive. But this constant "when do I get this thing" and "where is the news you owe me" crap is so painful to see.

+1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I really understand the frustration of WildBillKelsoe. Why putting so many future modules here? Even when You have two teams, it would be ok to announce two aircraft and get some info on it´s development. Otherwise iIt´s like announcing Battlefield 8. :-)

And it really won´t hold You back from development, if You give someone a few pictures and text to post on forum, to let members know, You are working hard on it. I´m not saying they are not working hard, but it´s not very clever to be silent and obviously members get frustrated by it.

Of course, there are holidays, free times, personal problems, people get sick and so on...

And to all who always put hate on anything negative in ED forums, You know, it´s a forum and no other forum gets so many "thinkers" about other members, why are they so bad and write so bad bad things.

I´m sure, nobody points his hate against developers and we are glad, they are making such great modules, but sometimes it needs some info to stay hyped.

And to all who always put hate on anything negative in ED forums, You know, it´s a forum and no other forum gets so many "thinkers" about other members, why are they so bad and write so bad bad things.

I'm going to say that, for the most part, this is one of the less creative/generative flight sim forums I've participated in. A huge percentage of the comments is just self-centered pleas. It draws a lot of criticism. Maybe that will decrease if EDGE and more 3rd party works come through... I don't know.

Yep, announcing lots of projects and then leaving people in the dark for long periods of time makes us think your gone.

Yeah. But do you think that YOUR identically worded thread titled, "Release date?!?!" is going to make a difference where the last thread did not? There's a bizarre logical disconnect here, where people seem to think that their mere desire for something means it should immediately exist. If some group takes your money and then does not deliver NOR communicate at all, I can understand that... but if it's not done, it's not done. And if you haven't paid, you have no right to act demanding or incredulous. Leatherneck, for example, have people's money and have explained what they're doing... they don't deserve to be hassled further.

Edited by aaron886
  • Like 2

You guys are hilarious and cannot be serious with your deep concern for RAZBAM. Poor widdoe WAZBAM. RAZBAM is a business and as such they will receive criticism and negative comments. That is the nature of running a business-Every business is that way. RAZBAM is not a bunch of 12 year olds-they should be able to handle this.

Whether you are a professional operation or an unprofessional one is seen by how you act when this happens because people will always speculate and some will always be negative. For example, throwing a little fit when you get criticism as a business is UNPROFESSIONAL. Not throwing a fit and showing respect for your customers (recognizing that criticism and speculation equates to interest in your product offerings) is PROFESSIONAL. How does RAZBAM act? We can all decide for ourselves-You forum guys don’t have to tell everyone how to act.

You guys are hilarious and cannot be serious with your deep concern for RAZBAM. Poor widdoe WAZBAM. RAZBAM is a business and as such they will receive criticism and negative comments. That is the nature of running a business-Every business is that way. RAZBAM is not a bunch of 12 year olds-they should be able to handle this.

Whether you are a professional operation or an unprofessional one is seen by how you act when this happens because people will always speculate and some will always be negative. For example, throwing a little fit when you get criticism as a business is UNPROFESSIONAL. Not throwing a fit and showing respect for your customers (recognizing that criticism and speculation equates to interest in your product offerings) is PROFESSIONAL. How does RAZBAM act? We can all decide for ourselves-You forum guys don’t have to tell everyone how to act.[/QUOTE]

And that would go for you too friend... :megalol:

Keep in mind that RAZBAM is not the one pointing out the generally poor conduct of the folks on this board, it is the rest of us that would like to keep things REASONABLE that are pointing out the chilidsh behavior...

Once again, the devs keep quiet because of the poor treatment they receive here.. It is not rocket science...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Whether you are a professional operation or an unprofessional one is seen by how you act when this happens because people will always speculate and some will always be negative. For example, throwing a little fit when you get criticism as a business is UNPROFESSIONAL. Not throwing a fit and showing respect for your customers (recognizing that criticism and speculation equates to interest in your product offerings) is PROFESSIONAL. How does RAZBAM act? We can all decide for ourselves-You forum guys don’t have to tell everyone how to act.

Don't sweat it. Its just the usual forum fanboy's screaming that you can never say anything is wrong with whatever company they worship. Seen the same on Arma and FO forums. I just ignore them. If the company doesn't deliver, or tell us they're still alive after not posting forever, they are eventually forgotten, and I think about giving my hard earned cash to someone else. I don't "support" ANY company, ever. I get so tired of people saying "I bought this module that I don't want just to support blah blah company". Thats stupid. My money goes to the company that makes something I like, and first off keeps up communications and listens to its customers. If they don't, I go looking to influence other companies to make what I want. Hence, my ( and many others ) leaving Arma. They didn't listen, and a new COD clone was born.

Edited by Chernaren Refugee
  • Like 1

The DCS community is one of the most unforgiving and ungrateful communities towards developers I have ever seen.

1/ I'm correcting this for you

Eagle Dynamics forum members is one of the most unforgiving and ungrateful communities towards developers I have ever seen....

You cannot judge a customer base on the sole forum. here is only a small, very tiny percentage of customer, and should not obviously NOT be accounted for "representative". Only a very few customers are hanging around here.

2/ I did not counted. It's late so i will not anyway. I spend quite a lot of time around, connecting to the forum like 20-30 times day. (lost my job, have quite some time). I do not post a lot but i search every corner of the forum for news that i relay on facebook DCS fan page. I Feel like they is "at least" as much "thank you/good job message" than "innapropriate complain" such you mention.

If you think the forum is full of anger/frustrated people, i really suggest that you get a fresh beer, sit down and read a little bit on Ubisoft forum. Believe me, I've been thru their and some other developpers forum.... Let say even Luthier hasn't reached its full potential in that way.

3/ In the matter we are talking about - I have mixed feelings. On one side, I do agree that frustration and angry message won't help. On another side, we are customers. Not friends. We are buying stuff and if a company comes and promises things that doesn't held up, I do feel the right to express my opinion. Yet I totally agree that some people should definitively be more polite in their comments. Its not steam nor CoD forum here. :)

RAZBAM came, make a lot of noise then dissapear. It is not surprising people are calling vaporware on this. I'm following RAZBAM facebook despite having no real interrest in their FSX line because they seems to care about what they doing - i have hope to see them coming back here. But i understand the other potential customer's frustration. Yet it should stay polite. :)

• Like 1

Calm down guys, no need for name calling and pointing fingers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm going to say that, for the most part, this is one of the less creative/generative flight sim forums I've participated in. A huge percentage of the comments is just self-centered pleas. It draws a lot of criticism. Maybe that will decrease if EDGE and more 3rd party works come through... I don't know.

I disagree most comments on the forums are ok, there is the odd people playing up but overall its not that bad here. :doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Actually, I find the Steam forums FAR more polite than the usual company forums who are dominated by a few moderators and fanboys. With Steam, you can complain to Steam moderators, if the forum moderators ( who are usually hired by the game company ) start abusing their power and trying to ban any complainers. Arma forums come to mind. If Dwarden had his way, almost everyone would have been banned by now. And sadly, I agree, I think Razbam is gone.

^Tread lightly.

Stay on topic and not venture off to a comparison between ED Forums and Other Boards etc.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs