DCS World 1.2.15 Release Build Discussion

*Rage*

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just the wrong exe file, see my edit :)

After i finished downloading the Beta the normal 1.2.15 update came.:doh:

You should install and keep it, so you've got it the next time an update comes.

€dit again: now I'm doing it anyway because of this ;)

Guys remember to click on "repair install" once you finished downloading and installing the patch. Otherwise, you're gonna have an issue with the MiG-21. You can see it with the missing background on the desktop and the icon in the main menu that is a white eagle on green font.

My repair size was about 300 mb and it fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Mine is dead too.

Ran the update, now it won't start at all. Tried repair, tried exe in main bin folder just flashes the start pic and dies.

Do I need to re-install the whole thing? I hope not, as I have all the add-ons but one.

Edited by willys
spelling error

automatic updater? How to use it?

Hello,

I just received an e-mail about the release of DCS World 1.2.15. It states

"You can download DCS World 1.2.15 using the automatic updater".

I just wonder how to use the automatic updater and where it's located inside the program.

I moved few days ago from Steam installation to DCS site, so this is my first time I must go after a non automatic udpate of the game outside Steam.

BTW, I searched this forum for automatic updater without results.

Thanks in advance.

"IMPORTANT:

Star Force ProActive has recently implemented a deactivation option for DCS: MiG-21bis. In order to avoid an unneeded activation of previously activated module due to Start Force protection changes, please:

Deactivate the module

Exit DCS

Start DCS again

Activate the module after starting a MiG-21BIS mission

Exactly how am I to deactivate the module (as in the first step) when there currently is no deactivate function?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi there,

after installing the update and everything else, the MiG-21 is working, as the rest - but my A10-C is not working anymore! :cry:

Just starting, loading ground objects and a few things, than stops and back to the mission editor...

I repaired a couple of times; deactivated any Mod in JSGME... nothing seems to work.

Any idea if I may ask? :music_whistling:

SineTimore :pilotfly:

Space Aviator Cavalary

58th Squadron, 5th Wing. USS Saratoga

Wildcards - Expect No Mercy!

Thanks for this patch, only one question... I installed the patch, run the repair (for the MiG-21 Problem) and now...

I'm missing the Flaming Cliffs Manual in german language.

I searched in DCS\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Doc without success.

I'm using DCS in english but to my best knowledge all language versions were installed in the past!?

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This update just wrecked my DCS totally.

My wingman is experiencing some wierd stuff as well.

Me before:

60-120 fps average

Me now: 10 and laggy as hell. Totally unplayable.

Wingman:

Ka-50 crashes his game

Without mods - instant action - quick missions. All tested.

My system:

Win8 64x

i7-4770K

2x8GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator platinum 1866mhz cl9 RAM

GTX 690 (Multi-GPU off for DCS although it made no difference this time. It cant get worse I suppose)

Something in this update has seriously messed my DCS up.

EDIT: Im gonna have to make a game performance support thread for this.

Edited by <Grizzly>

The DCS_updater that I can find inside the bin folder just starts the game up with the 1.2.14 version, as if there were no updates available I assume, but the auto-updater that you can download separately, also called DCS_updater.exe with the DCS icon, actually does update the game. Funny.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things here, but this version seems to run better than any _ever_ on this machine - FPS at constant 30 now, regardless of how big a mission is running. And the GFX seem subtly different and better too; the lighting seems improved somehow, as do the explosion effects. Overall, the experience is totally hiccup-free and fluid now.

Is it just me? Or did they _really_ change something profound in v1.2.15?

PS. It should be mentioned however that DCS has always run pretty well for me, so I dunno really... SEEMS more fluid anyhow.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Can anyone actually fly the MiG-21Bis or Hawk T.1A in 1.2.15? The MiG-21Bis displays to me what looks like I'm sunk into the fuselage and is completely unresponsive to controls. Selecting a T.1A just drops me in an A-10C....

No! I do have the MiG21Bis but it seems porked. All of it's Instant Missions are totally just gone. The list is empty. :cry:

And if I Create Fast Mission, my view is way in front of the cockpit. I can just see the tip of the nose and pitot tube. I have no controls. Not even the keyboard works. I cannot press ESC to get out even after I crash!:doh:

So, if I 'try' to fly the MiG21 I have to End Task to get out of the mission. :mad:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I did a repair that downloaded almost 400MB and the MiG-21Bis works now. Weird, but whatever. I don't have any mods or weirdness installed, but it works now, so not complaining. Agree on the Hawk; was just surprised to have problems with both instead of just the one.

Thanks xao!! That fixed it.

And this patch gave me some fps back! I had been wondering why my fps dropped from 45 to 25 several weeks ago. I've been playing with all kinds of settings on my 660Ti 3g, but none helped. I couldn't figure out why my game was slow. So it gave me the kick in the pants go order a GTX 980 4gb a few days ago... And now with this patch I am getting 30-45fps in dogfights! :lol:

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Yes it seems to have done for quite a few people. I still cannot get it repaired or started, all this after it supposedly updated itself to 1.2.15

I can't say I'm impressed really as I have now read that people with the closed beta had the same problems....so why release it as open beta.

I'm currently downloading the whole 1.2.15 which is a whopping 8.98Gb on a Friday night net connection shared with someone watching streaming TV.

All with a view to re-installing the whole thing. Not my plan for the weekend really.

Some say 1.2.15 is great, others say it's a frame rate disaster....I hope not !

And the whole thing is going down without a word from anyone involved in making it happen.