MiG-29

cro_mig_21

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no real DCS level russian fighter in devlopment ATM.

So MP will stay NATO sided for a long time!

Only in fighter-bomber use, so yes will be an advantage. The RU fighters have datalink and in A--A area they are hard opponent. ED should care about the MLRS performance in multiplayer and the new made Tochka-U...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't that only apply to, um... parachute retarded bombs?

Nope, they are just called "retards". :P

The RU fighters have datalink and in A--A area they are hard opponent.

They don't have plane-to-plane datalink yet, we are still waiting for that.

Don't forget 80's avionics, radars, missiles... Looking at large-scale battles and statistics on Situational Awareness the F-15 is the clearly dominant plane in air-to-air and AMRAAM vastly outperforms anything Russians field.

Example:

"Out of the 25 aerial kills, none was by an R-27ER missile, 4 by R-27ET, 1 by R-73, 2 by cannon and 18 by AIM-120."

http://sa-sim.com/rf1-battlefacts-th...reign-supreme/

The last aircraft to get a cockpit will have the best cockpit made for the new engine. It is a good fate for the Mig-29.

True, but I can't help but wonder how long to wait for the PFM. And whether it will be a mess to fly like the Su-27 after it received it. And whether it will get it's RL maneuverability (irl 29 manuevers better than 27 and 15, quite the opposite in the game).

Quite honestly I would be more grateful if we would be suddenly surprised with the K version as replacement for S for the FC3. At least something to give us a chance against the upcoming Eurofighter, Mirages, Tomcat, Hornet, Super Hornet, etc.

As nicely made as they are and as much as I enjoy flying them, sadly the MiG-15 and 21 just don't cut it.

Quite honestly I would be more grateful if we would be suddenly surprised with the K version as replacement for S for the FC3. At least something to give us a chance against the upcoming Eurofighter, Mirages, Tomcat, Hornet, Super Hornet, etc.

As nicely made as they are and as much as I enjoy flying them, sadly the MiG-15 and 21 just don't cut it.

As these new planes come out, I think it only makes sense to have period-specific servers with corresponding loudouts. It will be overkill with the modern aircraft, so hopefully there will be 80's, 90's and then modern servers so balance can be applied through historical means.

I was watching some MiG-29 edge-of-space flights on YouTube earlier today, and that got me wondering.....

Does anyone know if it's possible to reach such altitudes in DCS, and if so, will it appear... you know... how it's supposed to? I'm assuming not, but I'm curious to see if anyone has tried. ;)

Я думаю, что я понимаю по-русский хорошо, пока я пытаюсь говорить.

I was watching some MiG-29 edge-of-space flights on YouTube earlier today, and that got me wondering.....

Does anyone know if it's possible to reach such altitudes in DCS, and if so, will it appear... you know... how it's supposed to? I'm assuming not, but I'm curious to see if anyone has tried. ;)

Trust me, it looks x10 better in EDGE at higher altitudes than it does in the old 1.2.xx engine ;)

For level flight probably ~55 - 60K feet is the limit in DCS World. It's perfectly possible to zoom-climb to over 100,000 feet though, check out this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142354

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Trust me, it looks x10 better in EDGE at higher altitudes than it does in the old 1.2.xx engine ;)

No offense, but he wasn't talking about graphic quality EDGE vs older releases. :beer:

As these new planes come out, I think it only makes sense to have period-specific servers with corresponding loudouts.

Agreed!

Does anyone know if it's possible to reach such altitudes in DCS, and if so, will it appear... you know... how it's supposed to? I'm assuming not, but I'm curious to see if anyone has tried. wink.gif

I like those videos too! :D

I don't think it's actually possible, personally I've never been able to go more than 12km high with FC3 planes. Can't remember which plane it was, but it could go only 500kmh (F2 view) with full afterburners at max alt and refused to go higher. T'was last year so I can't give any exact details.

Especially the Su-27 behaves extremely badly at +10km and at times is almost uncontrollable (at 11km it floundered for a bit in level flight, yawing left and right like a ship without main mast on heavy seas, then suddenly suffered uncontrollable roll-and-dive -- similar to what can sometimes happen at low alt). Hopefully 1.5/2 will fix the 27's FM.

Edited by tovivan

Don't forget 80's avionics, radars, missiles... Looking at large-scale battles and statistics on Situational Awareness the F-15 is the clearly dominant plane in air-to-air and AMRAAM vastly outperforms anything Russians field.

Example:

"Out of the 25 aerial kills, none was by an R-27ER missile, 4 by R-27ET, 1 by R-73, 2 by cannon and 18 by AIM-120."

Hoho ok I got you. The RU fighters have a wide range of differents missile. The situational Awarness is conditioned some times by the existence in the battle field of external sensors and hardware. Example AWACS... Etc. the experience of a group of good pilots can face this situation. Anyway is not too bad, you can do with the Mig-29 against this X situation. Of course having R-27 and be defensive

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news, we get new Mig-29 6dof cockpit with DCS 1.5:

Чиж сказал, что в 1.5 у Миг 29 будет 6dof кабина, в другой ветке ответили, что модель для мига в 1.5 не успевает.

Внешняя модель МиГ-29 будет старая, а вот кабина - новая.

Hopefully 1.5/2 will fix the 27's FM.

This argument again. Do you know the meaning of the word 'stalling' in aerodynamic terms? (sorry for offtopic)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Good news, we get new Mig-29 6dof cockpit with DCS 1.5:

Most excellent news. I'll take the cockpit over the new model. That said, I wonder if we'll get the new F-5E model because it'd been used in screenshots.

Edited by Stealth_HR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

This argument again. Do you know the meaning of the word 'stalling' in aerodynamic terms? (sorry for offtopic)

Ahem, stalling at 600kmh in level flight? :megalol:

Also, if it's "this argument again" then obviously a lot more people disagree with you than they agree and there IS something seriously wrong with the current FM. Considering this, it will then be "this argument again" until it gets fixed.

Edited by tovivan

Ahem, stalling at 600kmh in level flight? :megalol:

Also, if it's "this argument again" then obviously a lot more people disagree than agree with you and there IS something seriously wrong with the current FM.

Just because a lot of people think something is wrong that doesnt mean they are right. For example you mentioned 600km/h as stall speed (IAS), and from your attempts at a snarky post its obvious that you have no clue that this number is meaningless without a corresponding altitude.

Do you understand why airplanes can't fly ABOVE a certain altitude and why the higher they go they need more and more speed to keep from stalling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_corner_%28aerodynamics%29

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Guys, Guys.

This is about the awesomeness that is the Fulcrum.

Go fight about the SU-27 FM elsewhere.

You may unrustle your jimmies now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup: