Good News for the K4, D9, and P51 ...

I see no "good news" for P-51. Anyone catch something special, shout it out. Looks like the other birds were freshened up.

Sure would like to see some cooler fuel for the Stang.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

thats awesome. finally I can unassign oil dilute switch because my thumb hurts every time I finish flying / fighting.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I see no "good news" for P-51. Anyone catch something special, shout it out. Looks like the other birds were freshened up.

150 octane fuel would be awesome :pilotfly:

But oild pressure bug gone is a good news too. I wonder if that will resolve the problem with P-51 beeing slower than at lunch.:book:

Seems to be proven - max speed is not it was during release.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137560&page=3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Wow, I remember when some of us were testing out the P-51's airspeed. It definitely seemed on the slow side to me because I could not match yoyo's specs, no matter what I did.

Is it faster now without the oil bug?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It isnt any faster. Ive matched the specs before, and it continues to be slow.

Also the K4 is still climbing at around 30m/s

Oh... :hmm:

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

Changelog of 1.2.15

Check your version Starkey...that could be the issue. As I understand it, 1.2.15 is open beta and not full release.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Agreed 100%

Has ED/DCS ever addresses this decision?

I mean they are doing the best of the best 190s and 109s performance wise, why not the best of the best P-51 performance wise?

Just seems odd, would be interesting to know what the reasoning was behind those decisions. Which should not be confused with me asking members of this fourm what they 'think' or 'feel' the reasoning was, not looking for a debate. Only reasoning I care to hear from is that of the ED/DCS devs. With that said, have the devs ever commented on this?

• Like 1

Agreed 100%

Has ED/DCS ever addresses this decision?

I mean they are doing the best of the best 190s and 109s performance wise, why not the best of the best P-51 performance wise?

Just seems odd, would be interesting to know what the reasoning was behind those decisions. Which should not be confused with me asking members of this fourm what they 'think' or 'feel' the reasoning was, not looking for a debate. Only reasoning I care to hear from is that of the ED/DCS devs. With that said, have the devs ever commented on this?

I remember Sithspawn said that switching fuel types may appear in the future

My channel:

No they're not. C3 fuel is not modelled for the German planes.

C3 was not available with MW50 and last time I checked the C3 gives very similar results to B4+MW50.

My channel:

C3 fuel is not modelled for the German planes.

Even so, the DCS Me 109K is closer to its most ideal example than the DCS P-51D is to its; as a result, at the altitudes at which the great majority of dogfights occur online, our P-51D doesn't seem to stand much of a chance in a dogfight against the 109, unless the P-51 pilot has a large advantage in an area other than the aircraft's actual performance (such as his own skill, or a numerical or altitude advantage, or such). That's the consensus, yes?

This is not an accurate representation of the comparison between two average examples of the two fighters, historically, nor how it would be if each aircraft were portrayed in its most ideal state which still was common enough to see a thousand or more combat missions. Furthermore, this problem surely will be even more severe with the soon-to-be-released P-47D.

Edited by Echo38

No they're not. C3 fuel is not modelled for the German planes.

Granted, the even more rare version of the K4 would be the C3 fueled one, but, the standard K4 could still be considered best of best the 109 had to offer.. Both were so near the end of the war and few in numbers that the chances of an allied pilot encountering either one was very slim, where as the chances of a 190 or 109 encountering a 150 oct P-51 were very good. That alone IMHO is reason enough to offer the 150 oct P-51s, assuming the best of the best 190 and 109 reason is not good enough. But, I would still like to find a link as to what the devs reasoning was.

Edited by TAGERT

But, I would still like to find a link as to what the devs reasoning was.

I suspect it has to do with the currently-incorporated fuel being the closest to what is run on the surviving examples today. From that point of view, that of a sim developer choosing the model & fuel which best matches the real-life example they have access to for reference, this was a good choice. From the point of view of a competitive virtual dogfighter, however, it blows, because one of the airplanes has a large advantage over the other at "normal" multiplayer dogfight altitudes. That's no good for competitive dogfights, and although enforced fuel-mass loads can serve as a workaround, it would have been nicer to have a more even match (especially because, in this case, it would also have been more representative of the historical average!).

Edited by Echo38

I suspect it has to do with the currently-incorporated fuel being the closest to what is run on the surviving examples today. From that point of view, that of a sim developer choosing the model & fuel which best matches the real-life example they have access to for reference, this was a good choice.

Enh, I doubt it was based current aval planes and fuels.. You don't need a physical plane to simulate it. Just the data, and they have plenty of 150 oct P51 data to simulate it.

From the point of view of a competitive virtual dogfighter, however, it blows, because one of the airplanes has a large advantage over the other at "normal" multiplayer dogfight altitudes.

Agreed, pitting the best of the best from one nation, aginst the not the best of the best of another, just seems odd to me. Which is why I wish I could find a link to the devs reasoning behind the choice making the K4 but not the 150 oct P51

That's no good for competitive dogfights, and although enforced fuel loads can serve as a workaround, it would have been nicer to have a more even match (especially because, in this case, it would also have been more representative of the historical average!).

Bingo!

That's no good for competitive dogfights, and although enforced fuel loads can serve as a workaround, it would have been nicer to have a more even match (especially because, in this case, it would also have been more representative of the historical average!).

Do you fly other aircraft? I find the P-51D is the most able dogfighter in the game right now. It is a nice stable, maneuverable platform.

It is very competitive and on equal footing with anything in the game, IMHO and experience.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

• ED Team
Which is why I wish I could find a link to the devs reasoning behind the choice making the K4 but not the 150 oct P51

RRG stated the K-4 was done because it had the most documentation available out of all the variants.

Fuel options are to be looked at in the future when the WWII environment is added.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

RRG stated the K-4 was done because it had the most documentation available out of all the variants.

Well, that would explain it! Thanks Sith!

Fuel options are to be looked at in the future when the WWII environment is added.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Do you fly other aircraft? I find the P-51D is the most able dogfighter in the game right now. It is a nice stable, maneuverable platform.

It is very competitive and on equal footing with anything in the game, IMHO and experience.

Unfortunately, I've been forced out of flight simming indefinitely, because of my old hand injuries, but I'm still very much in love with DCS, despite being unable to fly in it. I watch from a distance, so to speak, so, no, I can't say with certainty that the P-51D can't keep up in a fair duel against the Me 109K, but the thing I keep seeing people say is that the 109 is the significantly better dogfighter at normal multiplayer altitudes.

I know from prior experience that this has been the case in previous (lesser) sim/games which featured some facimile of the two airplanes, and although I would never base my perception of reality on those other sim/games (which had far lower standards of fidelity than DCS, which itself is still not perfect), they at least sometimes were "ballpark" in their portrayals.

Then, too, it does seem to match my (admittedly limited) knowledge of the two real aircraft; I would expect a real Me 109K, well-maintained and well-flown, to out-fight an equally well-flown P-51D below 20,000 feet, if that P-51D were using factory spec WEP power settings rather than the later-authorized ones.

However, again, I can't say for certain whether or not, in our sim, the Me 109K is more able than the P-51D at low and medium altitudes, because I've never flown the Me 109K, having been forced to quit simming before the 109's release. But that does seem to be the consensus, that the 109 is the better dogfighter, and that's how it was in the older games, and that's how I expect a real (ideal) 109K would do against a real (less ideal) P-51D at low alt.

Edited by Echo38