an/apg-30 features

Brisafresca

Hi

According to the official flight manual the approximate extent of the F-86F is about 450ft - 9.000ft, I checked this in DCSW and AN / APG-30 still aims at a maximum distance of 17.000ft (3.2 nm), this is wrong.

On the other hand, I think that the radar has an azimuth of +/- 20 degrees, why is 30 degrees in DCSW?

On the F-86F.lua the sensor is N008, ie Mig-23 radar

Can anyone explain to me that radar features are not real? helpsmilie.gif

["N-008"] =

{

type = RADAR_AS,

scan_volume =

{

azimuth = {-30.0, 30.0},

elevation = {-30.0, 30.0}

},

centered_scan_volume =

{

azimuth_sector = 30.0,

elevation_sector = 30.0

},

max_measuring_distance = 150000.0,

detection_distance =

{

[HEMISPHERE_UPPER] =

{

[ASPECT_HEAD_ON] = 50000.0,

[ASPECT_TAIL_ON] = 34000.0

},

[HEMISPHERE_LOWER] =

{

[ASPECT_HEAD_ON] = 50000.0,

[ASPECT_TAIL_ON] = 18000.0

}

},

lock_on_distance_coeff = 0.85,

velocity_limits =

{

radial_velocity_min = 250.0 / 3.6,

relative_radial_velocity_min = 250.0 / 3.6,

},

scan_period = 3.5,

},

Thank You

regards

Briisafresca

An excellent question. I've also notice that even when you do a cold ramp start if you have someone in front of you his RWR will be screaming bloody murder at him (hard lock indicated). The DCS's F-86's radar NEVER TURNS OFF, please fix this as well!

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

(I assume you meant meters or yards, since 450 feet seems far too close for any effective use)

Perhaps the radar signal would still persist and is detectable out to 17nm, but the receiver of the 86 can only detect a signal out to 450m? Sort of like how the Mig21 can spot targets at 30km but can only lock targets out to 20km.

I'm wondering if the radar/gunsight has changed in one of the previous patches? I seem to have trouble getting an accurate gun sight solution. The pipper no longer matches target wingspan. I've tried adjusting the wingspan settings, but no matter what settings I give it, I don't find the pipper keeping the target wingspan. I find the gunsight useless and I now have to lead/lag targets. The gunsight used to work very well before, but it doesn't behave quite like it does in videos of previous dogfights.

I've also noticed the gunsight can't calculate below 150-200m. This isn't new though.

Edited by NakedSquirrel

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

(I assume you meant meters or yards, since 450 feet seems far too close for any effective use)

Perhaps the radar signal would still persist and is detectable out to 17nm, but the receiver of the 86 can only detect a signal out to 450m? Sort of like how the Mig21 can spot targets at 30km but can only lock targets out to 20km.

I'm wondering if the radar/gunsight has changed in one of the previous patches? I seem to have trouble getting an accurate gun sight solution. The pipper no longer matches target wingspan. I've tried adjusting the wingspan settings, but no matter what settings I give it, I don't find the pipper keeping the target wingspan. I find the gunsight useless and I now have to lead/lag targets. The gunsight used to work very well before, but it doesn't behave quite like it does in videos of previous dogfights.

I've also noticed the gunsight can't calculate below 150-200m. This isn't new though.

Not, the oficial flight manual indicates: approximately range: 450ft - 9.000ft

Regards

Brisafresca