After trim is reset, then pressed, why does the airframe jostle?

Rangoon

I've tried to fly the ka-50 without FFB and is so awkward... But I've also tried to fly the A-10C without FFB, and despite my X-52 being far superior in terms of precision, when you feel how the force in the stick disappears as you trim the aircraft, that is so rewarding, that I prefer my MSFFB2 over anything else.

Unfortunately there is almost no market for consumer joysticks with decent FFB. And then they are not used to their full potential (how many sims are there doing the most obvious application to FFB joysticks, that is, proper force trimming?).

Look at the G940, no longer available new :(

I think it's just a matter of what you are used to as I own the MSFF2 stick as well and have used it too for DCS but I personally disliked the FFB functions, maybe cause the stick is also pretty worn out around center and feels sloppy when trying to precisely hover a chopper etc..

True too is, that if the Warthog had a superb FFB implementation that you could turn on and off, who would blame that :) .....and rudders too.... and maybe a chair as well... where do we stop..

....gotta stop, oxygen low need to open the valve...got the new Oxygen simulator... HAHA

Damn, the KB freezes over, need to switch on Anti-Ice

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...
It would be really nice to have a option to view what inputs the autopilot is making; have a black overlay on the red indication box - RCTL ENTER - or something along those lines, as an option. The red diamond and lines could have black lines with a dot at the end showing how the autopilot is modifying the pilots inputs. It might really help new pilots get a handle on the trim and autopilot systems. It also might give an experienced pilot better control prediction when changing parameters. I would expect there is some way for a pilot of the real Ka-50 to feel "tuned in" to the autopilot and know what it's doing. With the electric trim that I'm familiar with, you can feel what it's doing even if it doesn't physically move any controls (again, this is different from the Black Shark's trim system, fundamentally, but similar in that you have two systems acting on the controls).

Good idea, I've often wondered about such a display myself.

When learning to fly the Ka-50, I soon realized there was no such visualization of the autopilot input and after a while, muscle memory kicked in and I didn't need it any longer, but you're right that it would be very helpful for new pilots.

I have been spending some time in the Huey as well lately, and I notice they already have such a system in place for the "autopilot" in that module. It shows white indicators for where the copilot is placing the controls in addition to the usual indicators for your own inputs. Of course, in the case of the Huey, the pilot controls are disabled though still show (HOTAS, not aircraft controls) position, while the copilot controls override. In the Ka-50, the white indicators would just trail or lead the pilot controls within that 20% authority. I think that would be really insightful. And if the system is already coded for the Huey... (I won't say it).