refuelling procedure

fighter1976

Hi guys! I tried to refuel, but I,m unable to contact the tanker. I saw a tutorial, but is something that I,m missing. Can anyone explain me all the steps , one by one? My biggest problem is that I can't find the info regarding frequency and the TACAN channel. Where are those info?

OK.

first, open the mission in mission editor

click on the tanker (big T)

check the frequency and remember to write that down

now close mission editor, now map your controller HOTAS MIC SWITCH FORWARD to a button. start the mission.

in A-10 there are 3 radios, the forward one is the one you use (just behind throttle). punch in the frequency and confirm the dial is on AM and manual not preset.

When you set right frequency, click on hotas MIC SWITCH FORWARD and hold it down, then on F keys select tanker (again hold mic down), request refueling.

The tanker should now open his position lights and drop the refueling boom. approach in walking steps, then click that mic switch again, then F key "ready precontact",

tanker will tell you "cleared contact", now approach more to the sweet spot, just under the boom. hold the plane there by flying formation with tanker fuselage. he should put the boom in your nose (dont forget to slide the receptacle opener forward (by your left knee, next to cross feed switch, or you wont get connected). if in doubt hit F2 key and see if the nose has a hole that opened on top.

also map nosewheel steering (Insert) to a controller button because you will disconnect alot in the first few trials, you need to reset the receptacle by hitting insert)

tacan channel can be found in mission editor under first waypoint advanced properties. usually 46X but can differ if that is taken by another unit.

keep in mind if receptacle is open, autopilot is inactive, so you have to do it all by stick and throttle.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.