Info on semi formal/formal flight procedures?

ozTRipwiRE

Hi,

I am looking for some information about semi-formal/formal protocol and procedures for flying the aircraft in DCS, especially in regards to flying coop missions online. I want to start learning how the aircraft actually are flown in reality and apply that to my flying in DCS and would really appreciate it if anyone could put me on to this information. The aircraft I am interested in are mainly the A10C, Ka50, Su27and F15C but others like the Mustang and Huey as well. I looked around but couldn’t find this information.

Thanks for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

I can't remember where I found it, either a link here on the forums or by googling but:

Navy BFM p-1289.pdf

Full title:

Basic Fighter Maneuvering

Section Engaged Maneuvering

Flight Training Instruction

T-45 Strike

Textbook for US Navy pilots on how to be a fighter pilot. It also references

a:

T-45 NATOPS Manual

which is probably an aircraft specific pilot's manual.

Also any military pilot is going to know the material required for a private pilots license, and have qualified for high performance, complex, multi-engine, and IFR requirements as well. The educational materials for that are fairly widely available, and you could probably get copies through a library or at a bookstore.

Specific weapons employment profiles are likely to be hard to come by, and depending on how close the values in DCS are to real values might or might not serve you well in cases where high precision is desired.

There are also manuals for specific aircraft floating around on the web, there are Su-25 ones in German, Su-27 ones in Russian and a Spanish translation. Often these are info about the plane that are chiefly useful if you're already a qualified pilot for the aircraft, and not that helpful if you want to learn to become qualified to fly it. For example, how take-off distance changes based on temperature, useful in real life, not so great for a non-pilot trying to learn the fundamentals of flight.

Things like rules of engagement and doctrine are also sometime hard to find, though that varies a bit by country and what languages you can read in. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least a summary chart for U.S./NATO ROE classifications linked somewhere here on the forums, but I don't remember where.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Hi,

I am looking for some information about semi-formal/formal protocol and procedures for flying the aircraft in DCS, especially in regards to flying coop missions online. I want to start learning how the aircraft actually are flown in reality and apply that to my flying in DCS and would really appreciate it if anyone could put me on to this information. The aircraft I am interested in are mainly the A10C, Ka50, Su27and F15C but others like the Mustang and Huey as well. I looked around but couldn’t find this information.

Thanks for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Are you looking for something like this?

USAF Air Combat Procedures.pdf

p-1289 USN Air Combat.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Hi ozTRipwiRE, I think I can help with the UH-1 procedures. I'm currently in a group of UH-1 enthusiast that pride ourselves on real world procedures concerning the Huey. We have real world UH-1 pilots that teach accurate flight techniques and fly very disciplined tactical missions. If you want to experience what it takes to fly the UH-1 using real world methods then please visit http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/ to learn more about us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

These two things better demonstrate the moment to moment actions of realistic interactions between lead and wingman than just reading air force docs. The docs mostly just show the effects or results of tactics whereas these will demonstrate more the "how to" of squadron SOP which is generally not something you find officially published for general consumption.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_092a.html

This is video shows basically 1:1 what I do on a regular basis. Sadly about 50% of the story is missing because you can't hear Eddie's audio easily without having Stuka yelling into your ear due to audio imbalance.

Note the emphasis on realistic. This is not most people's cup of tea by my estimation.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for info on flying more realistically in DCS

Hi esb77, jcbak, flyer49 and P*Funk,

Sorry for taking so long to answer you but thanks very much for the info on the more realistic ways to fly DCS that I asked about. I appreciate it.

OZTRIPWIRE