well, their goes the balance....

kainhall

in multiplier, people fly f-15s and su-27s......

and now the su 27s have a huge advantage.

if flood mode gives a launch warning, and EOS doesnt.....

flood was my solution for thos EOS ER bastards. it kinda balanced things out... i dont know....

gonna miss hitting people who dont know im their....

• Like 1

The EOS is an Electro-Optical system, meaning it cannot be detected by radar. It can only be used to fire ET and R-73 infrared missiles (don't know why you are talking about the ER). There are no launch warnings in any FC3 aircraft for IR missiles, so if you fire a Sidewinder at an Su-27 he won't know until he sees it. The EOS does NOT give any advantage at close range - You have Sidewinders. Use them.

Also, before you scream "OMG SU-27 OP", have you ever tried using it ? The EOS is a very finicky device, and you're lucky if you can lock on to a distant target. The way I see it, F-15s have a very big advantage in BVR, namely the AIM-120, that has no equivalent in the Su-27's arsenal. In close combat the two aircraft are close to equivalent, with a slight advantage to the Su-27.

Finally, how does this have anything to do with "balance" ? This is a simulation. If a feature is unrealistic, it will be removed no matter how useful it is to you. Ka-50 pilots have been requesting IR missiles since the dawn of this sim, and they haven't been put it because they are not realistic.

Oh, and by the way : If you take a look in the MiG-21 forums, you'll see that some people are using it quite successfully in multiplayer. Does that mean it has a "huge advantage" and should be "balanced" ?

• Like 3

Finally, how does this have anything to do with "balance" ? This is a simulation. If a feature is unrealistic, it will be removed no matter how useful it is to you.

^^^ This.

Luckily DCS is not Mechwarrior Online. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As said, in a sim realism should beat balance. If the Su-27 is sneaky in real life and the F-15 isn't, the sim should reflect that.

I don't think FLOOD mode is all that useful anyway. I think I have literally never used it.

By the way, you still have silent AIM-9's.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Just so you know, AIM-120s in TWS give no launch warning. Also, flood is in no ways a ''sneaky'' way to kill. It's like launching an aim-9 with a radar lock. No launch warnings, but any good players having a decent SA will see the great white hope and it's huge trail coming, as they'll be aware of you're presence because of the stt lock from the flood (or at least a high frequency signal by rwr). Finally, if you hate EOS, kill your ennemies from far...problem solved if you got a good enough SA. OR sneak on them visually and get the sidewinders out.

Its a simulation of real world aircrafts. Does the pilot in real combat say to enemy oo gosh there is no balance your aircraft is better I'm gonna rtb now. Every plane has it advantage like other people wrote. You hqve to use them. EOS is not that big advantage over F15c capabilities. Which can fry the su27 in bvr anytime if you use it like its build to do. And the F15c in my opinion has better advantage in close combat becuase its radar can automaticly lock you but su27's eos can't.

• Like 1

FLOOD is somewhat of an emergency mode, though it's not modeled that way in the game.

In the real aircraft, FLOOD can be engaged:

1. Manually (I don't think anyone really does that in RL, because they have better options - namely a full system lock-on)

2. Automatically if a sparrow is launched without target lock

3. Automatically if a sparrow is launching or in-flight and the APG-63 waveform transfer to HPRF fails, and probably the target has to be less than 10nm away as well

There might be other use cases but I don't remember them.

As said, in a sim realism should beat balance. If the Su-27 is sneaky in real life and the F-15 isn't, the sim should reflect that.

I don't think FLOOD mode is all that useful anyway. I think I have literally never used it.

By the way, you still have silent AIM-9's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The EOS does NOT give any advantage at close range

It does have a slight advantage, as you don't have to scream where you are to the ennemy (meaning, he won't have an RWR signal to help him know where you are). This can lessen his SA if he isn't too careful.

But, yeah, EOS isn't that big of an advantage (at least, it is not easy to use it to gain advantage), and only works with IR missiles (so no long-range shots).

It does have a slight advantage, as you don't have to scream where you are to the ennemy (meaning, he won't have an RWR signal to help him know where you are). This can lessen his SA if he isn't too careful.

But, yeah, EOS isn't that big of an advantage (at least, it is not easy to use it to gain advantage), and only works with IR missiles (so no long-range shots).

Well technically it works at as long a range with the ET as the effective range of the 120 in game. A range that is also amplified by altitude.