Basic F-15C operation

brettt777

I'm new to the F-15 so pardon the newb questions. I went through the controls setup and couldn't find where the radar range is changed, and I also couldn't find how to turn on the master arm. Also, in FC3, can't the mouse/cursor be used to click on some knobs and switches like the DCS P-51 and F-86?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

To change the radar range you just need to slew the cursor bars beyond maximum or minimum range. It can also be mapped to an axis.

There is no master arm and no clickable cockpit in FC3 planes.

So it's always armed, you just lock up a target and fire?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

To change the radar range you just need to slew the cursor bars beyond maximum or minimum range. It can also be mapped to an axis.

There is no master arm and no clickable cockpit in FC3 planes.

Would this setup for the F-15, i.e. no clickable cockpit, be the same if I purchased the stand alone plane for DCS?

Can someone tell me if there is a light or something to see if afterburners are on or off?

I watch my fuel flow meters. When the number gets an extra digit, you're in AB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Watch the nozzle gauges. There are 5 AB zones and the nozzle gauges will show you which one you're at.

Just fly your plane, and slooooowly push the throttle forward. You'll see the needles on those gauges jump from one setting to another.

Can someone tell me if there is a light or something to see if afterburners are on or off?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Watch the nozzle gauges. There are 5 AB zones and the nozzle gauges will show you which one you're at.

Just fly your plane, and slooooowly push the throttle forward. You'll see the needles on those gauges jump from one setting to another.

Seven AB segments...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

Are talking about the same engine, and if so, different semantic?

For the pilot in an F-15C you get 5 AB zones, AFAIK. You get something like 11 spray-rings (or maybe seven? 4+ 3 for last stage. I forget).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Of course, sticking some 229's in a Charlie would be ... interesting. Can't say anything about fuel economy though :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay Thank you. Will do that.

• 3 months later...
Yes...the F-15K, SA, and SG have GE's.

Hey Eagle Keeper Chris :) i think you are the right person to answer this:

Does the F-15C position and anti-K lights work same as F-15E lights ?

I mean if the pilot turns on the anti-K and the Position set to flash then all Pos lights go to the brightest steady state ?

and how "flash" the position lights ? (iv never seen that irl, nor on a video)

"flash" same as how anti-K works - not totally turning off ? work in dimmed then brightest, dimmed then brightest "mode"?

(i guess those are not real flashers like stobe light on the top of the tail of an F-16)

"flash" same as the anti K - blinking in unison all 3 ? (wing-red, wing-green, tail-white)

thanks in advance

sign-pic4.jpg