VAICOM for VoiceAttack

• 5 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, Drac said:

I usually look at the VoiceAttack list to see what is recorded.

Never worked for me in the first place. Completely unable to pick up what I say. Win 10 voice recognition does work however. It's a bit sad to have paid up for something that is useless...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

2 hours ago, Eldur said:

Never worked for me in the first place. Completely unable to pick up what I say. Win 10 voice recognition does work however. It's a bit sad to have paid up for something that is useless...

But VAICOM PRO uses Win 10 voice recognition to "pick up" what you say to VAICOM. It can't be correct that Win 10 voice recognition works well but VAICOM does not pick up what you say.

There are a number of us who voluntarily work with people in the VAICOM forum to resolve issues people have. You are welcome to post some specifics about your experience and we can try to help you through it. The software is not perfect, but it mostly works for me and for many others in the forum.

BTW, it isn't clear why you are responding to an old post, but in case you don't know, this thread is mostly inactive, and the main forum for discussing VAICOM is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/.

Edited by sthompson
added pointer to the main VAICOM forum
  • Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks, I'll retry it anyway on my new rig. The old one was updated from Win 7 and it was impossible to install foreign Languages back then, but I only retried with 10 a few times since I didn't have lots of time to delve deeper into everything. If I need help, I'll get back to that forum section.
Just as a side note, it might not like having cockpit noise coming from the speakers while I speak into the CV1 mic for some reason. At least that was my first thought - but it didn't work with muted speakers either.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason when I enter keyword training mode now, the Voice Attack window no longer shows the confidence % when I try and train a word and the windows speech engine seems to always have no idea what I'm saying.... however in game many things are recognized.  Any ideas what could be breaking the training mode?

Edited by j9murphy

1 hour ago, j9murphy said:

For whatever reason when I enter keyword training mode now, the Voice Attack window no longer shows the confidence % when I try and train a word and the windows speech engine seems to always have no idea what I'm saying.... however in game many things are recognized.  Any ideas what could be breaking the training mode?

Figured out by resetting the keyword database and starting over:)

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2021 at 6:34 PM, Eldur said:

Are you speaking in full sentences or keyword by keyword? Because I use the keyword by keyword method (basically just piecemeal my sentence) and it works. Didn't used to work if I was blurting out entire sentences though, since voiceattack couldn't recognize keywords fast enough.

Afaik any recognition issue is voice attack related, not VAICOM.

5 hours ago, adirtynurse said:

Afaik any recognition issue is voice attack related, not VAICOM.

Actually voice recognition is done by Windows and not by either VoiceAttack or VAICOM. VoiceAttack just uses the MS Windows voice recognition services.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 10/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

Regarding ARIO:

1: When can we hope to see a lantirn update now that Jester can wield it?

2: When using 'Jester options' to use the Jester wheel with AIRIO enabled, the physical cockpit disappears. Anyway to stop that behavior?

Love the product and keep up the good work!

Agree here - would be lovely to get the LANTIRN commands. I would also appreciate if we can use the wheel via the „options“command in the normal way it works. Just as a backup. So with TrackIR/VR and the Head movement. Is this possible?

keep up the good work - lookin forward 🙂

thank you 🙂

1 hour ago, CYPHER11 said:

Agree here - would be lovely to get the LANTIRN commands. I would also appreciate if we can use the wheel via the „options“command in the normal way it works. Just as a backup. So with TrackIR/VR and the Head movement. Is this possible?

keep up the good work - lookin forward 🙂

thank you 🙂

FYI, this is an old, obsolete thread, and you are not likely to get much attention here. A long time ago VAICOM support shifted to its own subforum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/. I suggest you look there for answers. In fact, Hollywood has posted that support for LANTIRN commands will be rolled out only after those enhancements become part of the Stable version of DCS. And there is a thread giving you a workaround using the Heatblur wheel in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, sthompson said:

FYI, this is an old, obsolete thread, and you are not likely to get much attention here. A long time ago VAICOM support shifted to its own subforum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/. I suggest you look there for answers. In fact, Hollywood has posted that support for LANTIRN commands will be rolled out only after those enhancements become part of the Stable version of DCS. And there is a thread giving you a workaround using the Heatblur wheel in the meantime.

Oh okay - thank you 🙂 I will have a Look thanks for Info !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My PTT function was working fine then a update back in December messed up my PTT function.
I have been trying to get the PTT function working, I use a button on my HOTAS for TX1 Press/TX1 Release.
I have tried all different settings, I now got it to open mic and transmit but button release does nothing. 

Under VA Options/Hotkeys tab I see a Listening for Toggle Listening start/stop Button option
can this be used ? 

Would a un-instill and reinstall fix my problem

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought full pro License VAICOM (got email of 5 keys) and inputs correctly. 

Had very quick test, most voice commands work fine. 

However some words cannot be recognized: such as Marshal / Kobuleti / Kutaisi ... 

Did I miss something? I am quite sure ATC extension license is installed. 

On 6/3/2022 at 3:02 AM, lqqfrank said:

Just bought full pro License VAICOM (got email of 5 keys) and inputs correctly. 

Had very quick test, most voice commands work fine. 

However some words cannot be recognized: such as Marshal / Kobuleti / Kutaisi ... 

Did I miss something? I am quite sure ATC extension license is installed. 

VAICOM doesn't do any recognition. It uses VoiceAttack as a gateway to Microsoft Speech Recognition, which does the actual speech-to-text recognition, and VoiceAttack passes it in turn to VAICOM after comparing with the keywords in the VAICOM VoiceAttack profile. 

Make sure you train the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, and some people have success with training in the keywords editor. 

BTW. Not sure why this thread is still open as VAICOM has it's own forum under input/output now. 

Cheers! 

@MAXsenna

Thank you from before for the help you provided.  I had a question.  I currently have my Saved Games folder sitting in D:\Users\[my username\Saved Games.  When I logged on the other day I noticed that I also have a saved games folder sitting under C:\Users\[my username\.  When I check in that folder the only thing there is all the vaicom scripts in the mods and tech folder.  Thinking this was just an erroneous set of files I deleted them from the C drive.  And of course now Vaicom doesn't connect to DCS.

So in short something with Vaicom is pointing all the script files in the Saved Games folder to the C drive instead of the D drive where my actual Saved Games folder is at.  Is there a way to fix this?  I keep Saved games on my D drive for easy backup in case I need to reinstall windows.

Thank you again for your help.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:22 AM, Turbine 205 said:

@MAXsenna

Thank you from before for the help you provided.  I had a question.  I currently have my Saved Games folder sitting in D:\Users\[my username\Saved Games.  When I logged on the other day I noticed that I also have a saved games folder sitting under C:\Users\[my username\.  When I check in that folder the only thing there is all the vaicom scripts in the mods and tech folder.  Thinking this was just an erroneous set of files I deleted them from the C drive.  And of course now Vaicom doesn't connect to DCS.

So in short something with Vaicom is pointing all the script files in the Saved Games folder to the C drive instead of the D drive where my actual Saved Games folder is at.  Is there a way to fix this?  I keep Saved games on my D drive for easy backup in case I need to reinstall windows.

Thank you again for your help.

FYI, this is an old, obsolete thread, and you are not likely to get much attention here. A long time ago VAICOM support shifted to its own subforum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/. Please post any follow ups there.

That said, since VAICOM apparently uses the Windows registry to find the Saved Games folder you possibly did not use the right procedure for moving it. You can check this by navigating to C:\Users\[my username]\ and then right clicking on the Saved Games folder there. Then select the Location tab. Click on the Move button and then navigate to the new location on D and select it. Click "Apply."

On 6/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, sthompson said:

FYI, this is an old, obsolete thread, and you are not likely to get much attention here. A long time ago VAICOM support shifted to its own subforum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/. Please post any follow ups there.

That said, since VAICOM apparently uses the Windows registry to find the Saved Games folder you possibly did not use the right procedure for moving it. You can check this by navigating to C:\Users\[my username]\ and then right clicking on the Saved Games folder there. Then select the Location tab. Click on the Move button and then navigate to the new location on D and select it. Click "Apply."

Hey @sthompson, Thank you for letting me know.  I will post there.  I had actually setup placement of my Saved Games folder back when I reformatted the PC back last year.  And I had used the location tab when I placed the saved games.  I'm wondering if this is another broken registry with Vaicom again.  It is the only set of folders in the saved games folder on the C:\ drive