VAICOM for VoiceAttack

Gents Having all 3 Elements form VAICOM, I am not able to activate the chatter and the airio. VAICOM itself seems to work. But the two extensions ( I have licenses for all 3 elements ) are not seen from Voice Attack (in Admin Mode). Both .dll files are in the extension folder of VAICOM. Any suggestion is appreicated. Cheers Mutz

Connect Air Supply does not work in F-14 since the last updates.

I see this:

20:10:05 - Bodencrew: Kann nicht ausführen, Druckluftversorgung ist nicht angeschlossen

If I use normal radio menu it is working. Please check it. Maybe ED has changed something internally for their carrier module.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
@hollywood

can we exspect a modification for supercarrier atc ?

Would be great to shout "Hornet Ball" or "Kiss off" :D

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

The AIRIO needs some updates for the SC.

TACAN Tune Lincoln, Washington etc.....and

Link Host (and the SC names are not in the keywords)

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Iv installed this as per the instructions, iv done the voice training, i can get it to understand everything, however when i say RIO or Jester, it understands me but says unrecognized, any one have any ideas how to fix this ?

You may need to do the finish steps in the manual to import the new AIRIO commands into VA.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
Hi, is it possible to use VAICOM in other languages different than English directly out of the box? Thanks.

It depends on the Speech Recognition engine that you have. In my system, I only have English UK and US. Having lived equal number of years in both countries, I can use both and sometimes none.

You will probably have to record a bunch of keywords tho or if you're lucky, to find your language's pack already shared by someone else in the user files section.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HI all having a wierd issue with VAICOM. recently it started spitting out additional and repititious inputs. Anyone have any idea what this is. 

Also if you do an F18 free flight and change a radio freq away from 305 it starts flooding Vaicom with input request.

voice.PNG

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Hello guys,

I've been seduced by the possibilities of Vaicom Pro and I purchased the bundle.

I installed it as per the instructions in the manual, configured it with VA that I also own but I seem to run into some problems.

In the config windows, the PTT tab seems to be confused with Easy Communications On and Off. I've selected Off in DCS but the PTT tab randomly shows On or Off.

My module seems to be correctly detected (F/A-18C) but once in the A/C some vocal commands are not recognized by the sim, even if they are correctly recognized by VA.

I've checked the FAQ page and applied the proposed solution (delete export.lua, etc.) but to no avail.

My DCS is installed on a SSD, in a custom folder (D:/ drive) and I've selected the correct path in the Config tab. Should I also check the Registry box? When I do, I get a warning saying that it could jeopardize my install.

I also have a problem with the interactive kneeboard. I can display it but the pages sometimes don't react, especially the ATC page. I always get to the Crystal Palace and Awacs page, for instance, but the ATC page won't display.

I'm a bit frustrated because I see the enormous potential of Viacom but I can't seem to make it work correctly.

Edit:

Well, I've been making some tests for hours now and it doesn't work. I've tried Easy Communications but the PTT page of the config module keeps displaying Easy Comms OFF. And it works as if EC was OFF in DCS (e.g. TX4 unavailable).

The kneeboard is another problem. Impossible to display the ATC page once I've chosen another one.

And finally, in EC ON, if I use the select command to set the radio to a particular airfield, I see the frequency changing, but when I call ATC, it reverts back to my departing airfield and I can't communicate with another AB or carrier.

I don't know, my Viacom install is maybe broken or I'm doing something wrong, but  have no clue.

BTW, VA recognizes all my vocal commands (100%).

Hope you can help

Thanks a lot

Judy

Edited by Judy1301
Further tests
  • Like 1

I usually look at the VoiceAttack list to see what is recorded.  For example, when I say "JTAC", it shows up as "J TAC".  I therefore added "J TAC" and all is good.  I did that for all the Kneeboard pages that were not recognized.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:00 PM, Mower said:

Where did all of the threads go for VAICOM...where did the dedicated forum here go?

It was never here. This is the thread for the older, no longer supported version of VAICOM. For version 2 and above look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 month later...

Good morning,

I noticed this weekend that Ground Crew commands for NVG and HMD/HMS in the Viper don't seem to be working correctly.  The commands are implemented in the latest keywords and they are accepted by Viacom but they don't have the intended results.  I get a reply from the ground crew of "Copy"...."Rearming complete".

And then no change to the NVG/HMD as expected.  Using the comms menu it works correctly.  Everything else I'm aware of works correctly.

1 hour ago, Nightstorm said:

Good morning,

I noticed this weekend that Ground Crew commands for NVG and HMD/HMS in the Viper don't seem to be working correctly.  The commands are implemented in the latest keywords and they are accepted by Viacom but they don't have the intended results.  I get a reply from the ground crew of "Copy"...."Rearming complete".

And then no change to the NVG/HMD as expected.  Using the comms menu it works correctly.  Everything else I'm aware of works correctly.

I don't fly the Viper so can't test whether I have the same experience. But you could have a corrupted VAICOM database. It happens occasionally for reasons I do not understand. The solution is to load a clean copy using the reset page. That will wipe out any aliases you have added, however.

BTW, you may get a better response if you post in the VAICOM PRO forum here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals