ME: Command Centre unable to lock on

thdman1511

I am designing a training mission that will allow me to practice using free fall bomb on the SU25T. I have placed a Armed house, Armed Watch Tower and a Command Centre.

when test flying the mission, I am able to lock on to the House and watch tower but not the Command Centre.

Not being able to lock on to the Command Centre using lock target, is that normal are a bug with DCS World.

I have managed to lock on and destroy both Armed House and Armed Watch Tower, still working on the Command Centre which is proving to be a little more challenging seeing I cannot lock onto it, as a guide.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

As Rangi explained, the Shkval system has an 'expected target size gate' that the electro-optical contrast measuring system uses to decide what and if to lock something.

For most ground vehicles, houses and other small buildings the default setting (10 metres if I remember correctly) is fine but at this setting the system will not lock on to physically larger objects such as ships, larger buildings (such as command centres, bunkers etc.) or infrastructure targets such as bridges.

It is however helpful to use the minimum expected target size gate that will work with your intended target because as the target size gate increases so does the number of items that the system will lock up. If you use a setting that's too high you'll find that the system infuriatingly locks up pretty much anything in the vicinity of the target as well as the target itself. With experience you'll learn what sort of expected target size values work with different sizes of target.

You'll see the currently set value for the expected target size gate on the top left of your Shkval display in-cockpit.

Hope this helps...

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I also have this problem with the command centre in the A10c mission Serpents Tail. I could lock on anything with my Tgp except on the command centre. I thought it was a bug but i will retry changing box size.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.