Valve/HTC Vive Discussion

Python

I have tried the oculus on a sunny day where trackir would glitch and become annoying but I never had the same issues with the rift.

I agree the technology in the vive for tracking is pretty cool and gives it a much wider view for the 5x5m space it can use but if you dont need the space, like cockpit games, then that technology doesn't give an inherent advantage in terms of performance.

I have tried the oculus on a sunny day where trackir would glitch and become annoying but I never had the same issues with the rift.

That´s cool. Do you know how rift deals with the sunlight interference?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I used to use the rift in the lounge where my racing sim was. I dont know how it deals with extra sunlight but I do know that in the same room I had to put up things to block light for TIR to work without some grief.

I never had to with the rift. Perhaps it's because the rift has so many individual light sources at known distances/points that it is able to ignore erroneous light.. Dont know..

Good find and point S3NTRY11!!

Being the lenses are plastic, as with almost all plastics, sunlight (UV rays) are very likely to cause some damage, certainly over a period of time.

Think plastic automobile headlight lenses, or cheap sunglasses...

Like any piece of consumer electronics I have had, it will be replaced for a newer model before the suns UV has any chance to break it.

There is not a lot of UV in a house, most doesnt get through the windows.

Every LED flashes with a code, what makes them easier to detect in an environment with lot of other IR interferences, I guess. A steady IR LED just disappears in the middle of the noise.

Yes that´s probably the easiest way to do it.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

DCS likes to play the quiet game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

I found this:

"Valve on Sunday confirmed that their Vive virtual reality system would cost $799 (£689) when it launches in early April. "

http://www.cnet.com/news/htc-vive-valve-virtual-reality-cost-800-oculus-rift-walk-around/

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

DCS likes to play the quiet game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dont say nonsense like this.

wags have communicated before.

eagle is working on fully integrating dcs to 2.0

priorities come first.

later optimized VR support will come.

needs of the many out weigh needs of the few, and not many have vive

lets not bother ED about vive just yet, let them finish 2.0

we already got 3rd party modules waiting on this as it is

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Let´s see what will it cost in europe. Hopfully not 950€.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

It's nothing to do with HTC or Facebook in the case of Rift. All imports to the EU have VAT added. I'd expect the Vive to be about €900 delivered.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Except for those us that don't want the controllers. I'd like the option of *not* ordering it. For most DCS fans, the controller won't add much to the value proposition.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Except for those us that don't want the controllers. I'd like the option of *not* ordering it. For most DCS fans, the controller won't add much to the value proposition.

No doubt, and it's one of the reasons that I've preordered the Oculus hardware. BUT they are still keeping much of final specs of both systems very close to their chests.