Valve/HTC Vive Discussion

Python

I suspect it would be quite easy to fix with a patch as the hangar area is fine even if you move your head about.

I get stutters in the hangar area but make sure you have mirrors off or fold them away when starting up.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I just noticed the virtual hand in cockpit. However, it doesnt work :(. When i move my controller (hand) over switches, theres no response also when pressing trigger button.

Is the 'hands' implmented, or me doing sumthing wrong?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Is the 'hands' implmented, or me doing sumthing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong - the gloves are just visual at the moment (i.e. no cockpit/button interaction)

i7-6900K, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, G1 GTX 1080, Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB, Corsair H115i, Saitek X55, MFG Crosswind pedals, X34 Predator, & a Vive

I have a simple question

Does the Flaming Clifs 3 addon on steam for DCS World, support HTC Vive?

Cuz I only see the Vive icon over the main game DCS World, but not for the add ons.

And don't want to spend the money, to get disapointed ^^

It works with all aircrafts, including FC3 aircrafts.

FC3 works fine - you just don't get the clickable cockpits, so unless you map everything to a HOTAS you might find it frustrating flying with the Vive if you constantly have to refer back to a keyboard.

i7-6900K, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, G1 GTX 1080, Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB, Corsair H115i, Saitek X55, MFG Crosswind pedals, X34 Predator, & a Vive

Hi... have you guys heard of any review of the new Titan X with DCS + Htc Vive?

Thx

I doubt anyone here is silly enough to buy a Titan X.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Titan X Pascal HTC Vive

Yeah I'm silly enough to have done it. I bought the Titan X Pascal. I'll be the first to admit it is total OVERKILL for DCS World. BUT, I wanted to be able to play with super sampling at or above 2.0. AND it delivers although with my graphics settings I'm at a steady 45 FPS reprojection.

Totally makes every single gauge, MFD, HUD, switch text readable. I had the previous Titan X and was able to get good results at 1.3 to 1.5 depending on aircraft. I'll try to post more videos and updates as I tweak and play with the the new card. Let the POKING FUN COMMENTS COMMENCE! LOL

Specs

CPU I-7 4790K OC 4.5ghz

RAM 32 GB

Samsung 850 EVO 1tb

GPU TITAN X PASCAL

Edited by Windypants

Windypants,

I have one question for you. Do you own 2.0? The reason why I ask is that with old Titan X, 1.5 is and has been silky smooth. But with 2.x, it's mostly smooth. Again it's with Rift, but I'm curious what your 2.x experience is like with Vive.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Windypants,

I have one question for you. Do you own 2.0? The reason why I ask is that with old Titan X, 1.5 is and has been silky smooth. But with 2.x, it's mostly smooth. Again it's with Rift, but I'm curious what your 2.x experience is like with Vive.

I do own DCS 2.0 NTTR and with the same settings I get a steady 45 FPS with Reprojection in the VIve. At 2.0 super sampling I get a silky smooth gaming experience until heavy activity from AI ground or air units and then I may get stutters.

I did test today turning Reprojection off and frames ranged between 60-75 FPS but since Reprojection was off it caused constant ghosting and stuttering. So playing at a constant 45 FPS is very enjoyable in DCS 2.0 with Reprojection on. I can only assume that the Rift would be even better experience because ATW works at 30 FPS but I'd have to use an actual Rift to test that theory out.

PS tested SA-342M, UH-1, F-15C, and A-10C in DCS 2.0 with all similar results. A-10C is awesome to be able to read ALL HUD, MFD, CDU, TAD,and TGP text.

Yeah I'm silly enough to have done it. I bought the Titan X Pascal. I'll be the first to admit it is total OVERKILL for DCS World. BUT, I wanted to be able to play with super sampling at or above 2.0. AND it delivers although with my graphics settings I'm at a steady 45 FPS reprojection.

Totally makes every single gauge, MFD, HUD, switch text readable. I had the previous Titan X and was able to get good results at 1.3 to 1.5 depending on aircraft. I'll try to post more videos and updates as I tweak and play with the the new card. Let the POKING FUN COMMENTS COMMENCE! LOL

Specs

CPU I-7 4790K OC 4.5ghz

RAM 32 GB

Samsung 850 EVO 1tb

GPU TITAN X PASCAL

How does it run on a more standard 1.3-1.5PD? I'm debating on getting a Titan Pascal to replace my 980ti SLI setup since SLI support seems to be nothing but hopes and dreams for the VR world, but if you're constantly in reprojection that doesn't seem like any REAL improvement in my eyes (sorry to be a bit negative). That 1080 thread shows no real improvement either. Regular VR games run damn well, but it's these non-vr games that seem to be presenting the problems.

Surprisingly lowering PD or super sampling has little effect on increasing FPS without changing other graphic settings. Being able to increase Pixel density to 2.0 or greater is hands down the best improvement to VR experience in DCS World. What the 1080 or Titan X Pascal will give you is more headroom to increase pixel density and have a sharper/clearer imagine in the headset. The mirror view recordings do no justice of what the experience is in headset. But I think as DCS World is better optimized for VR the experience will get better and better.

Regular VR games run damn well, but it's these non-vr games that seem to be presenting the problems.

I think it's just a matter of non-VR devs not having yet built the direct experience of optimising for VR - along with the challenges of transitioning a render pipeline designed for regular rendering to VR. It'll come eventually.

Specs

CPU I-7 4790K OC 4.5ghz

RAM 32 GB

Samsung 850 EVO 1tb

GPU TITAN X PASCAL

Cool purchase!

How did you get the CPU usage and FPS visible on screen?

I think it's just a matter of non-VR devs not having yet built the direct experience of optimising for VR - along with the challenges of transitioning a render pipeline designed for regular rendering to VR. It'll come eventually.

I think the main problem is an ancient engine which is a patchwork of enhancement over the course of a more or less a decade.

It has trouble using the latest hardware even in 2D.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Couple of interesting new snips.

Valve is letting third-party peripherals use HTC Vive's tracker (updated)

and really interesting; and could apply directly to DCS World....

Intel scientist teases depth-sensing 'horn' for HTC Vive

That's really cool news. It's only going to get more and more amazing isn't it. Next few years are going to be really exiting ... and painful for my wallet I fear.

Would like to try the Vive in DCS, but can't seem to get it going. What settings in the sim, if any must I change manually beyond the use VR headset checkbox in the settings?

Should I change the resolution from 1 monitor at 1920x1080? If so, to what?

Thanks!

That resolution setting has no affect on what you see in the HMD.

Ensure you have "Auto detect Oculus Rift" box ticked in Options then close and restart DCS, with your Vive powered up. I don't have to start SteamVR, it auto starts.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Sorry, but Reprojection just don't cut it with me. You were flying straight and level most of the time. The ghosting gets really bad when rolling and looking over your wing. I just cannot unsee it. Try your setup in a more busy mission or dare go online - things will fall apart.

Until DCS gets a vast improvement in the department of VR optimization I am grounded.

Running a i7-6700k@4.7, GTX1080, 16GB RAM.

Specs

CPU I-7 4790K OC 4.5ghz

RAM 32 GB

Samsung 850 EVO 1tb

GPU TITAN X PASCAL