CBU-105 FR Severe Drop

lef64

Hello,

I must say I commonly have a bit of stuttering and a FR drop when I employ CBU-105 clusterbombs. Usually it takes over some seconds.

What happened with last mission is quite odd because I experienced a permanent stuttering and severe FR drop to the point I was forced to abort the running mission.

Exploring the map with F6, F7 and F10 Keys I observed that the CBU-105 I dropped did created a sort of persistent eruption.

Screen_150301_215523.jpg

image hosting

Playing back your track ... hillarious, yeah, can confirm!

Then I ran my own quick test. I hit 3 BTR-80 directly and the graphical effects of the explosions were hugely exagerated. When the 3 blew off, big explosions occured in a radius of about 500 meters around ground zero - like 10-20 of them, in random locations around the center.

But it seems, it is only the graphics effects, the damage dealt seem to be as usual (which is itself an issue ...).

VERY strange.

I have made this announcment, cause we recognized the same problem on release of the OPEN BETA.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2332016&postcount=21

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

When the 3 blew off, big explosions occured in a radius of about 500 meters around ground zero - like 10-20 of them, in random locations around the center.

I think thats clearly wrong since one of the advertized features of the CBU-97 is that munitions that don't find a target become inert. They shouldn't be blowing up at random like a CBU-87.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I think thats clearly wrong since one of the advertized features of the CBU-97 is that munitions that don't find a target become inert. They shouldn't be blowing up at random like a CBU-87.

Idk ... I watched it in slow motion:

the explosions of the submunitions are waaay too large. Or at least there are explosions happening where the submunitions should explode - maybe they are "overlayed" and the real explos aren't even really visible.

Then there are too many of these large explos happening - like each submunition explodes 3-4 times.

And lastly, explosions were happening at places where the submunitions never were (or never should have been) - way to far away from the center.

And post lastly ... (err) ... the actual results, the damage dealt, is in no way consistent with how large the explosions were and where they occured. Instead the damage output seems unaltered to previous versions.

Conclusion: it is just visual effects that are a good deal too ... enthusisastic.

Explosion effects always caused some frame rate drop in DCS. A single Mk.82 or two don't matter much, but cluster bombs were always a bit difficult in this regard - for whatever exact reason. And with this bug and it's exessive count and volume of explosions, it is no wonder that the frame rate drops.

Afaik nothing we can do about now. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon ... and later, with DCS2, the root cause for the FPS issue, will also be adressed.

Here is an update!

This time I dropped a CBU-97.

Again I had a permanent explosion effect, FR drop and stuttering.

Both video and audio effects of the explosion are endless: you can hear the "booom" of the explosion repeating with a cycle of few seconds.

BTW, in the debriefing statistic the CBU-97 was reported as BLU-108B

A-10C Vulcano2.trk

CBU: Micro and Macro Stuttering

I've got an update that hopefully could help understanding and fixing the problem.

The Macro Stuttering and permanent FR drop was caused by CBU ordinance dropped while optically targetting the ground during and area attack.

On the contrary CBU optically targetted to vehicles produces only a limited and temporary drop in performance.

It's also worth to report that an area attack with CBU ordinance produces very few damage to nearby objects as vehicles and armour, while the "volcano effect", I documented, is the most visible and persistent result.

On the contrary targetting, CBUs against vehicles or armors produces a more realist damage to nearby objects as vehicles moving in columns of vehicles parked in the explosion area.

Attached files documents the effects of the CBU targetted to vehicles (moving and parked).

I please to cross check and eventually confirm.

A-10C Vulcano_OK.trk

CBU: Micro and Macro Stuttering

The Macro Stuttering and permanent FR drop was caused by CBU ordinance dropped while optically targetting the ground during and area attack.

On the contrary CBU optically targetted to vehicles produces only a limited and temporary drop in performance.

What do you mean by "optically targeted"?

What do you mean by "optically targeted"?

I think he means if the drop is targeted using the TGP. I'd say the FPS hit is worse because explosions are being rendered in the TGP.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Ah, see thats the opposite of what I thought. Optical generally means vision which to me sounds like eyeballs. TGP is the opposite - sensor targeted.

However yes viewing the effects on target with the TGP would probably make things worse.

Ah, see thats the opposite of what I thought. Optical generally means vision which to me sounds like eyeballs. TGP is the opposite - sensor targeted.

However yes viewing the effects on target with the TGP would probably make things worse.

Viewing the effects on target with the TGP DOES NOT influences stuttering.

Stuttering is influenced by the way you employ TGP: with Area Targeting you have a permanent stuttering; with Point Targeting you have only a transitory stuttering.

I can confirm the same problem since the latest beta 1.2.15.37241. It was fine with 1.2.14.36041.618 I believe. 970m... brought to it's knees every time, otherwise running min 30FPS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viewing the effects on target with the TGP DOES NOT influences stuttering.

Stuttering is influenced by the way you employ TGP: with Area Targeting you have a permanent stuttering; with Point Targeting you have only a transitory stuttering.

Since I never really use point targeting I would never have noticed that.

Are you sure about this? I can't think of a reason why it would either.

I just witnessed a cbu 105 tonight from inside my ka50. Ya frames come to a halt but boy does it look awesome. Plus the spread looks to be more inline with the real ordinance.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.