Sniper XR?

zsoltfireman

Yes and no.

As far as I know you can substitute the Litening's model for the Sniper but the animations don't work properly. Also, even if the model swap did work properly it would function no differently so it would simply be a Litening II in disguise.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Yes and no.

As far as I know you can substitute the Litening's model for the Sniper but the animations don't work properly. Also, even if the model swap did work properly it would function no differently so it would simply be a Litening II in disguise.

Can you give an appropriate LUA file? :thumbup:

Hmmm,,, never heard of this till now,,, googled it,,, WOW! love to have it!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Man wish our Hogs would get a suite upgrade.....

you speak like if we have an A model.....

(real question)what would be the benefit(for non RL military people) to upgrade our Hog?

and what would is the difference between the Litening pod we have compared to the SniperXR?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

you speak like if we have an A model.....

(real question)what would be the benefit(for non RL military people) to upgrade our Hog?

and what would is the difference between the Litening pod we have compared to the SniperXR?

Actually the differences in suite 3 and 8 is night and day and almost like going from an A to C model.

Lots of additions to the TAD and HMCS to name a couple. But I'm not going to go into detail.

Ya it always makes me chuckle when people question why we should have more updates to our SIM Hog. Modern Hogs are one of the most impressive pieces of Modern Weaponry we have. The updates are very amazing, and we havent even started talking about the updated Weaponry compared to the Old weapons in this sim.....

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I simply googled this and watched some real footage of this pod in action,,, quite an upgrade in real life!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Considering all the other aircraft (and anti-aircraft systems) in DCS are stuck with 90's technologies at best, I don't think an A-10C upgrade would be a very logical choice (apart from other considerations).

I have made a timeline of DCS aircraft (released and a few announced), and already the A-10C is the most recent by far (BTW, I am unsure what year our suite 3 should start in)

DCS_timeline.png

PS: yeah, I know that era consistency isn't really a rule for DCS

Thanks but I think you're the minority. Although I don't see ED upgrading it anyways.

Considering all the other aircraft (and anti-aircraft systems) in DCS are stuck with 90's technologies at best, I don't think an A-10C upgrade would be a very logical choice (apart from other considerations).

I have made a timeline of DCS aircraft (released and a few announced), and already the A-10C is the most recent by far (BTW, I am unsure what year our suite 3 should start in)

DCS_timeline.png

PS: yeah, I know that era consistency isn't really a rule for DCS

I think that pushing the A-10C to the limits of whats possible would be a good model for doing other modern jets that use similar or identical systems, much the same way the F-15 super sonic FM and the F/A-18C A2G radar will be used to help develop other modules.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.