External cargo

escaner

Hello, I have been trying to do some external cargo stuff following tutorials an manual and have a couple of problems.

1. External cargo camera will not activate. I have found that External Cargo Indicator is pretty similar and works, tho.

2. I read that landing close to the cargo you can hook it with the hook/unhook command. But not working either. The command works to release the cargo when in the air.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Problems solved. :)

Yes I needed to land even closer for the hook/unhook. I seems quite less than the 5m stated in the manual. Around 2m I would say.

As for the cargo camera, looks like it needs the radioaltimeter on. I use to forget about it when starting the aircraft...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
Hello, I have been trying to do some external cargo stuff following tutorials an manual and have a couple of problems.

1. External cargo camera will not activate. I have found that External Cargo Indicator is pretty similar and works, tho.

2. I read that landing close to the cargo you can hook it with the hook/unhook command. But not working either. The command works to release the cargo when in the air.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Does anyone know why you cannot bind the External Cargo Indicator to a joystick button? I find this indicator far more helpful than the camera as it doesn't mess up my visual cues of the horizon while I'm trying to maintain a stable hover.

Has/Can anyone from Belsimtek comment on this?

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• ED Team
Does anyone know why you cannot bind the External Cargo Indicator to a joystick button? I find this indicator far more helpful than the camera as it doesn't mess up my visual cues of the horizon while I'm trying to maintain a stable hover.

Has/Can anyone from Belsimtek comment on this?

This has been fixed internally and will hopefully be rolled out to the public with the next update

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
How about the broken trigger detection of cargo as a object? that would be REALLY nice to be fixed!

it has been reported, lets hope we see a fix soon™

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This has been fixed internally and will hopefully be rolled out to the public with the next update

Wonderful news! Tnx for the info. Hope to see this soon.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets