DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

First it doesn't say "Once ED finishes it"... It strongly suggest the capability exists now. This is significant because if they have solved the Tandem Crew issues in multi-player it opens up a significant number of aircraft for further development:

F-15E, F-18F, F-4-ABCDEFG, A-6E,

If ED have finished it, we'll also see it added to the Hawk, C-101, Huey and Mi-8, maybe TF-51D, which would be really nice.

Second assuming ANYTHING flight sim related is folly.

I agree, I'm just saying that making a DCS map and somehow locking out all other modules from flying in it - that would be a truly bizarre decision!

Edited by emg

A+/ B can do iron and smart munitions. Regular A's were tested with Irons but never actually used them in combat.

From the Naval Training Program

v. Programmable Tactical Information Display (F-14A/B/D). The PTID

replaces the Tactical Information Display (TID) and provides programmable push buttons, which

are used to program switching for the various tactical processors attached to the MIL-STD-

1553B DMDB. The PTID provides improved display readability, brightness, and resolution. The

F-14A (usually equipped with a TID) requires the PTID when configured for LANTIRN. The F-

14B Upgrade is equipped with the PTID. The F-14D Aircraft uses existing Multi-Function

Displays or a PTID when configured for LANTIRN.

w. Precision Strike (F-14A/B/D).

Precision Strike provides the F-14 the

capability to deliver laser-guided bombs for air-to-ground missions. It consists of the LANTIRN

pod with laser designator and internal navigation system, LANTIRN control panel and night

vision capable displays. In LANTIRN equipped F-14As and F-14Bs, the TID has been replaced

with the PTID.[/Quote]

TID =Tactical Information Display

PTID=Programable Tactical Information Display

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

First it doesn't say "Once ED finishes it"...

The F-14 comes at the end of the year the earliest. Up to then ED has some time to eventually provide the base work. Also you can not exactly expect that each and every feature will be complemented by all thinkable and unthinkable preconditions in that quickly written press release - besides that I think, that it is common knowledge by now that ED has to prepare DCS:W for that feature first.

Regarding Multicrew: ''Although it will not be available at launch, two-players in the same aircraft is planned for the L-39''

Not until you'll see it with the albatros you wont see any multicrew on other modules, but now you know its on its way. (correct me if Im wrong)

I'll bet you we got multicrews in DCS before this module is ready for us. If you dont have a friend to be your Goose, you can allways count on Jester..... lol

A small question: What´s the difference between the TGP in the A10 and the LANTIRN pod?

From Wikipedia:

Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night, or LANTIRN, is a combined navigation and targeting pod system for use on the USAF's premier fighter aircraft — the F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block 40/42 C & D models). LANTIRN significantly increases the combat effectiveness of these aircraft, allowing them to fly at low altitudes, at night and under-the-weather to attack ground targets with a variety of precision-guided weapons.

LANTIRN consists of a navigation pod and a targeting pod mounted externally beneath the aircraft:

The AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod provides high-speed penetration and precision attack on tactical targets at night and in adverse weather. The navigation pod also contains a terrain-following radar and a fixed thermographic camera, which provides a visual cue and input to the aircraft's flight control system, enabling it to maintain a pre-selected altitude above the terrain and avoid obstacles. This sensor displays an infrared image of the terrain in front of the aircraft, to the pilot, on a Head-up display. The navigation pod enables the pilot to fly along the general contour of the terrain at high speed, using mountains, valleys and the cover of darkness to avoid detection.

The AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod contains a high-resolution, forward looking infrared sensor (which displays an infrared image of the target to the pilot), a laser designator/rangefinder for precise delivery of laser-guided munitions, a missile boresight correlator for automatic lock-on of the AGM-65 Maverick imaging infrared missiles, and software for automatic target tracking.

LANTIRN with the F-14 Tomcat

Until the early 1990s, the F-14 Tomcat didn't have clearance to drop bombs even though all Tomcats were built with a Stores Management System (SMS) that included air-to-ground options as well as rudimentary software in the AWG-9...

... In late 1994, an unsolicited proposal from Martin Marietta was initiated to demonstrate how a USAF LANTIRN targeting pod could be rapidly integrated onto the Tomcat. This effort was done under the auspices of COMNAVAIRLANT using a fleet aircraft to integrate the digital 1553-based pod on an analog F-14B. In March 1995 a VF-103 fleet aircraft successfully dropped the first laser-guided training rounds (LGTR) and quickly laser-guided bombs (LGB). Due to the early success and interest from Fleet Commanders, NAVAIR began to procure pods and control units for deployment, resulting in VF-103 receiving the first LANTIRN pod June 14, 1996 in time for its upcoming deployment.The basic LANTIRN was modified into LANTIRN Targeting System (LTS), the navigation pod was removed from the two-pod system and the targeting pod was improved for Tomcat use. The LTS featured a Global Positioning System and inertial measurement unit that provided the pod line-of-sight cueing and weapon release ballistics and eliminated the need for external cumbersome and time consuming boresight equipment.

Unlike the early versions, the LTS performed all weapon release calculations and presented release cues that it had generated to the aircrew. The LTS also had a masking avoidance curve display (preventing firing the laser at the jet) and eventually a north orientation curve and 40,000 feet capable laser. The latter became very useful allowing F-14s to employ LGBs above potential threat systems and it came into its own in the higher terrain in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom.

The LTS could also generate coordinates for any target located on the FLIR, and a latter software modification, known as T3 (Tomcat Tactical Targeting) increased the accuracy of the coordinates produced by the LTS and allowed generated coordinates for GPS/INS guided weapons (JDAM, JSOW and WCMD). The first combat use of this was in OEF when an F-14 generated coordinates for a B-52 that dropped CBU-103 WCMD (Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser), which is basically an INS-guided cluster bomb from over 40,000 feet. These weapons scored hits on a vehicle convoy that had stopped after the first vehicle was destroyed by the Tomcat with LGBs.

The pod also featured an internal computer with ballistics data for the various precision munitions carried by the F-14. Data is fed to the pod by the Tomcat’s AWG-9 (F-14A and F-14B) and AN/APG-71 (F-14D) radar, but the LTS in turn only sends video and guidance symbology to the crew's cockpit displays.

All pod controls are in the RIO’s cockpit, but the bomb release button is situated with the pilot. The LTS had a price tag of around 3 million US Dollars each and due to these high costs, only 75 were bought for fleet use.

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

Let's sacrifice a Goose to DCS gods so that LN F-14 doesn't go the way of IRIS F-14. :joystick:

I'd like to know what happened to them. I know it doesn't matter now and we have a much better DCS proven developer it would just be interesting to hear the truth about what happened.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I just want to express ma gratitude for this new iconic war machine. Even I am a fan of "soviet" techs, I cannot ignore "F"s power :).

Regarding 2 seats feature i have a sort of idea/proposal: There will be cases where the 2 pilots will be connected via LAN (as is my case with my son). Would be great to address this special connectivity in a master/slave configuration within the local network while the main connection to the server will be only via master machine, minimizing in this way both players delay as well as minimizing server network load.

This type of approach can help in socializing too, making people to revive old PC party :D

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

This thread is swelling- might be asked already but:

Cobra: "NOTE: Due to an unexpected technical error in our website & subsequent down-time due to overloading the server, this is a limited, interim announcement."

Does this mean that there is more to this reveal than what has been shown? Were we actually meant to see more?

It's too bad the A-4 module was canceled. Could have done some movie scene recreations. Maybe someone will come out with a F-5 model and give it a black skin. :)

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

What to say? Fantastic news, really excellent to hear. If You Leatherneck do this properly you will reach Flight Simulation Heaven!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Great news...

I'm expecting to see a lot of:

Player "Maverick" has joined the server

Player "Goose" ejected

Player "Goose" was killed

Player "Maverick" left the server

Lol don't forget the top gun punchlines every 2 minutes.

But that'll be only for a couple of month, people would get bored eventually.

I just want to express ma gratitude for this new iconic war machine. Even I am a fan of "soviet" techs, I cannot ignore "F"s power :).

Regarding 2 seats feature i have a sort of idea/proposal: There will be cases where the 2 pilots will be connected via LAN (as is my case with my son). Would be great to address this special connectivity in a master/slave configuration within the local network while the main connection to the server will be only via master machine, minimizing in this way both players delay as well as minimizing server network load.

This type of approach can help in socializing too, making people to revive old PC party :D

I would love flying like that with my brother or a friend. Literally back to back. Running the AWG-9 is quite a task and an adventure on its own :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Also thanks to you guys i am going to recover my old 1990 Farnborough Air Show souvenir, and put it back from the shed to were it belongs :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=114053&stc=1&d=1425390271

117261178_StormMorning.thumb.JPG.8bbf927b3388b45a66c6549a80bd1442.JPG

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Why "Jester AI?", lol he wasnt a RIO,

"Merlin AI", "Goose AI" lol

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think it was asked, but I'm not seeing the answer anywhere:

Do we have to buy each module separatly or it'll be a combo with them both?

And when coulb we expect the preorder to be opened?

acb.jpg

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb