DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

As long as they're simulating it never guiding to anything.

If they do an Iranian Tomcat, I wonder if they can simulate the air-toair version of the I-Hawk SAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As long as they're simulating it never guiding to anything.

Lol

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

If they do an Iranian Tomcat, I wonder if they can simulate the air-toair version of the I-Hawk SAM.
I hope so...

Because IRIAF F-14s had two kills with this missile(It used just 2 times)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do have an autobiog from apparently the head of the Sedjil project and wasnt going to post it - but someone has put part of it up here I see anyway:

http://defence.pk/threads/project-sedjil-the-fitting-of-the-mim-23-surface-to-air-missile-on-the-f-14.324912/

The Sedjil Project team was planning a non ideal scenario for the third test drone, when Col. Babaii called from Bushehr 6th TFB directing Maj. AliMazandarani to fly to Bushehr and commence testing on an actual enemy aircraft. After 3 days of full alert, Maj. AliMazandarani and Lt. Ansarin scrambled their F-14A towards incoming Iraqi fighters heading towards KharkIsland. At a distance of 25 miles the F-14 fired its first Sedjil missile; however, the missile was one of five missiles used during the initial tests of the project which was loaded by mistake. The bad rocket dropped, fired and did a barrel roll over the front of the cockpit and Radom missing the Tomcat as it headed down towards the sea. The pilots reacquired the target, locked on and fired the second missile at a range of 20 miles, hitting it several seconds later, thus proving the success of the project. It was sheer luck or destiny that saved the F-14 from a disaster that may have suspended the project altogether and perhaps change the face of the war.

As the war ended in 1988, The IRIAF had time to try and revive the Phoenix missiles using substitutes for the coolant and batteries. The IRIAF F-14s now carry both the Phoenix and Sedjil missile on their pylons!

I'd rather have the Swat Cats version

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Iraq was getting covert Western support mostly later on when there was a chance of a Iraq's total defeat and (apart from the French which sold them Mirage F1 planes from the start) it didn't involve fighter airplanes. Iran was also trading U.S. hostages for some spare parts and missiles during the war (though, it was for SAM and anti tank missiles) and IIRC before the war the U.S. also built maintenance facilities for the Iranian Air Force (plus probably some aviation tech industry know-how transfer before the revolution which allowed Iran to keep those planes flying afterwards).

My point is that you could therefore also make the case for Iraqi Air Force doing pretty well with mostly inferior Soviet equipment (plus French F1's, granted) against the opponent groomed by the U.S. to be the strongest Air Force in the region (apart from perhaps Israel) as to be a key factor of stability and to deter potential Soviet invasion in the region. Thus, they were provided with top U.S. gear (F-14's, F-4's, I-HAWK SAM's, etc.) and very competent U.S. trained pilots ;)

I'm not sure where you studied history dude...

You refer to the contra affair. involved about 500 tow missiles. not exactly a war winner for a conflict that was spread over almost 10 years, and the yanks sure werent happy about it. the supply from the west went far beyond small covert amounts. It went into substantial amounts on weapons, energy (uranium), but more importantly technology like force multipliers, radar and missile systems, not to mention substantial aid for CBNRD weapons. Its major suppliers from the west included France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the UK and the USA. not to mention the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars other Sunni nations were pumping into Iraq (or did you forget the REAL reason why the Gulf War started?).

Not forgetting to mention the substantial support that Iraq was receiving from both the USSR and the PRC.

Yes the contract for the F-14 included some local support facilities, which were largely sabotaged by departing US personnel when the coup kicked off, along with maintenance equipment, and the aircraft themselves. And what was "groomed to be the strongest Air force in the region", like I said were more or less exterminated, or exiled. If you had any association with the pre-revolution regime, you were tortured then executed, bar a couple of exceptions. not exactly a massive talent pool, or broad experience base to fight a high intensity war with. in fact most of the pre revolution iran air force that made it out alive are in diaspora in Turkey and Syria.

So back to my point. What the Iranian Air Force acheived in the Iraq-Iran with the F-14 is nothing short of amazing. The IRAF F-14s were up against the latest fighter aircraft from both the Soviets and the French. It probably single handedly stoped the Iraqi's from ever gaining air dominance over Iran.

My point is also that the IRAF operations with the F-14 are the main providence the aircraft has regarding its intended role. the Bombcat is all very well, but the F-14 was originally designed to be the best money could buy interceptor and fighter aircraft. Which is exactly how the IRAF used it. It really is a shame that we will never know exactly what the F-14's true operational history is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure where you studied history dude...

You refer to the contra affair. involved about 500 tow missiles. not exactly a war winner for a conflict that was spread over almost 10 years, and the yanks sure werent happy about it. the supply from the west went far beyond small covert amounts. It went into substantial amounts on weapons, energy (uranium), but more importantly technology like force multipliers, radar and missile systems, not to mention substantial aid for CBNRD weapons. Its major suppliers from the west included France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the UK and the USA. not to mention the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars other Sunni nations were pumping into Iraq (or did you forget the REAL reason why the Gulf War started?).

How does this contradict anything I've written? I've only said they started receiving Western aid you mentioned later on to keep the Iraqi regime in place (and thus block Iran from exporting its Islamic revolution further and destabilize the Middle East) and that it didn't include aircraft (except the French which were selling them from before the war so they don't really count) which is relevant to the Tomcat discussion. Besides, Iran was also getting weapons and supplies during the war from the Eastern Bloc and/or China (e.g. they got Scud missiles in 1985), but of course, they couldn't supply parts for U.S. planes. And the covert U.S. exchange for hostages also covered spare parts for HAWK missiles which is somewhat relevant to the topic at hand.

Yes the contract for the F-14 included some local support facilities, which were largely sabotaged by departing US personnel when the coup kicked off, along with maintenance equipment, and the aircraft themselves. And what was "groomed to be the strongest Air force in the region", like I said were more or less exterminated, or exiled. If you had any association with the pre-revolution regime, you were tortured then executed, bar a couple of exceptions. not exactly a massive talent pool, or broad experience base to fight a high intensity war with. in fact most of the pre revolution iran air force that made it out alive are in diaspora in Turkey and Syria.

U.S. support personnel sabotaged maintenance facilities and F-14's? How exactly would they do something like that and how did the planes fly then? And if all the pilots were killed/exiled who flew all those planes then? Some gifted Basij? There are some overblown stories about all this, but you've just taken them to the next level with this maintenance facilities sabotage. Those facilities can't cover the lack of spares, of course, but I'm guessing they've prolonged the F-14 operations and the U.S. funded aviation industry (before the revolution) could probably develop some of the needed replacement spares on their own later on.

So back to my point. What the Iranian Air Force acheived in the Iraq-Iran with the F-14 is nothing short of amazing. The IRAF F-14s were up against the latest fighter aircraft from both the Soviets and the French. It probably single handedly stoped the Iraqi's from ever gaining air dominance over Iran.

Finally. What latest fighter aircraft would those be? In the beginning Iraqi pilots were poorly trained and apart from a dozen of MiG-25P's (afterwards upgraded to PDS with another dozen of PD's delivered), most were MiG-21's and 23's. Thus, mostly short ranged and all very GCI dependent. France kept delivering export variants of Mirage F-1's throughout the war which were the most modern planes the Iraqis had, but not all of them were fighters (their main role was played by the air to ground variants in attacks on tankers and long range strikes against refineries and such). Some MiG-29's were delivered before the end, but the Tomcats were not serviceable enough to be flying in any noticeable numbers by then. None of those planes facing F-14's are hardly "latest fighter aircraft from both Soviet and the French" and can't really hold a candle to the properly flown Tomcat (when functioning), even if flown by much better pilots than the Iraqis had (though, apparently they did improve their tactics later on).

Air dominance over Iran? Did you check the size of that country? How would that work and with which planes exactly? Iraqi Air Force couldn't even stop Iran from doing the low-level bombing runs on Iraq let alone dream of some air-dominance over such a huge country. With the plane types involved, it should have been the opposite in fact.

But this is getting way OT and I'm not getting dragged into this further. My point was just that you're vastly exaggerating the achievements of the F-14 while overestimating their opponent's strength (at least in the first part while the U.S. planes were serviceable in numbers) in what was, essentially, a ground war.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Turbokat Livery? Yes, please!

Another_TurboKat_picture_by_RedtailFox.jpg

Aww yiss! That would make this module have 2x extra childhood nostalgia for me! This needs to be a skin!

EDIT:

I loved this show as a kid. I'll need to make this happen. :P

Please!!!

Edited by Scoggs

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Is there a big difference in avionics between A and B? All i know is B had better engines and could drop bombs , but i also heard people say A could drop bombs too...

I'm so excited for this.. maybe even more excited then F18 becouse of the whole 2 player thing

Is there a big difference in avionics between A and B? All i know is B had better engines and could drop bombs , but i also heard people say A could drop bombs too...

I'm so excited for this.. maybe even more excited then F18 becouse of the whole 2 player thing

Originally almost no difference at all, but very soon they started putting all sorts of neat gadgets into it (the B). Eventually, i think most upgrades made it to both AC though...

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Seems legit.

Actually, I balked at this one too...

HOWEVER (comma) According to reliable sources, (Wikipedia and several other sites I cant read...)

A crew DID kill 3 aircraft that were "Flying in close formation" with 1 Aim-54...

The more ya know right?

Sillier Odd things have happened. An Israeli pilot landed an F-15 without the entire Right Wing following a Mid Air collision and the McDonnell Douglas reps refused to believe it till they saw the film footage...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.