DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

It's a single module that includes two aircraft and a map. But the initial release will stagger the components. So you will get the A first, then the B and then a map (this is only an example order, not the official one). But it's all still one module sold as a single package for $60 or whatever.

Hail Hrothgar!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

It's a single module that includes two aircraft and a map. But the initial release will stagger the components. So you will get the A first, then the B and then a map (this is only an example order, not the official one). But it's all still one module sold as a single package for $60 or whatever.

This sounds highly plausible. :thumbup:

Leatherneck mentioned that they plan to separate the modules in-game and that one my be released a while before the other. No mention of whether they would be sold as one package, though I bet they will be sold together.

I also agree that the F-14A will likely come out first. I don't think the F-14A has any extra features (perhaps more complicated engine modeling) that won't also be present on the F-14B, so the B might be a bit more work with the A-G stuff.

Plus, it doesn't make sense to release the more capable aircraft first, many people might not pay as much attention to the subsequent release. That said, I'm looking forward more to the F-14A (though it's a close call)...so I might be biased in hoping it is released first. ;)

-Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any possibility of us to get the F14D model (Super Tomcat)?

Better engines and systems if im not mistaken.

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F14 Name under cockpit door

I wonder if there is anybody that knows if there will be a future that you can change the pilots names under the F14 Tomcats cockpit door so it will be yours and your friends name instead of an random or nothing else?

If you dont know what i mean its the two names under the cockpit door in this picture v

v

v

https://www.google.se/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiOste_wtnKAhVFkSwKHcSRA0gQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aircraftrecognition.co.uk%2Ff-14.html&bvm=bv.113034660,d.bGg&psig=AFQjCNHfJ5Hw9JNbtc4YmkI1GLgm_KlXdw&ust=1454517584395296

Edited by FromSwedenWithLove

I wonder if there is anybody that knows if there will be a future that you can change the pilots names under the F14 Tomcats cockpit door so it will be yours and your friends name instead of an random or nothing else?

If you dont know what i mean its the two names under the cockpit door in this picture v

v

v

https://www.google.se/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiOste_wtnKAhVFkSwKHcSRA0gQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aircraftrecognition.co.uk%2Ff-14.html&bvm=bv.113034660,d.bGg&psig=AFQjCNHfJ5Hw9JNbtc4YmkI1GLgm_KlXdw&ust=1454517584395296

That would be cool.

In real life though pilots and RIO's most often flew F-14's that didn't have their name on it. This was because they flew what was available rather than having their own personal aircraft assigned to them.

If you follow the threads on the forum regarding skinning, you can easily customise a skin yourself, and add your name to the side of the cockpit.

It does get a bit complicated when it comes to multiplayer however because all the participants need all the customised skins.

My horse is beginning of 2017.

2017?!?! Possible of course but per the New Years update from LNS, "We're quite optimistic about an F-14 materializing somewhere in the second half of 2016". They also stated, "we are behind our initial projected schedule (H2 2015)". So with that said, I want to be optimistic and split the difference and hope we see an early second half of 2016 release! I have never anticipated a flight sim release more than the Tomcat.

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

This is one of the most anticipated piece of software for me... A long time F-14 fan, I spent countless hours playing Fleet Defender. The Tomcat coming to DCS is the best news ever, and it will be really tough to wait until the end of this year or possible the beginning of the next one. Can`t wait to see proper carrier ops implemented either.

Until then I fly Aerosoft`s Tomcat in FSX with Tacpack. Very well done stuff, but unfortunately it`s still FSX.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this Tomcat be mulltiplayer ready, with someone in the rear seat as well?

Also, would be fine to be able to have a AI in the rear seat, that will give us vocal info or misc things...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Also, would be fine to be able to have a AI in the rear seat, that will give us vocal info or misc things...

It should be like that.

We'll have Jester AI in the rear cockpit.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Q: Will Multiplayer Multi-Crew be available at Release?

A: We hope to include this feature on release. We consider it an essential selling point of this module, and a personal dream of our own.

Q: What is JESTER AI, exactly?

A: It is a proprietary system that primarily simulates the RIO crew member. It will allow you to quickly and efficiently fly and fight in the F-14, while minimizing your workload. JESTER AI will be fully voiced and highly streamlined. The system will be designed to be moduler, and can thus be quickly adapted to other multi-seat aircraft in development.

Q: Will Multiplayer Multi-Crew be available at Release?

A: We hope to include this feature on release. We consider it an essential selling point of this module, and a personal dream of our own

Q: What is JESTER AI, exactly?

A: It is a proprietary system that primarily simulates the RIO crew member. It will allow you to quickly and efficiently fly and fight in the F-14, while minimizing your workload. JESTER AI will be fully voiced and highly streamlined. The system will be designed to be moduler, and can thus be quickly adapted to other multi-seat aircraft in development.

Jester AI sounds awesome. I cant wait...but can I rename him Goose hehehe

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2