DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

:book:

"We’ve also begun in creating all the required props, crew and other assets required for a full carrier complement.

The deck crew will of course wear appropriate equipment and colours for their assigned role.

We hope to add a library of animations to our deck crew as well; to keep the flight deck lively and interesting."

"We've completed modeling of our flight deck crew; and will be modifying this base to suit all of the various crew you'd find on a busy carrier flight deck."

"As mentioned in the last update, our goal is to try and include as many deck animations as we possibly can. Of course, it's quite possible that this particular feature will not launch together with the carrier or aircraft.

However, that has not stopped us taking our first steps with Motion Capture."

"Here's a rough capture (pre-cleanup) of one of the many animation sequences we'll be looking to recreate"

Leatherneck Simulations

VWAAkga.jpg

xjwH5Xa.jpg

wLQ52xz.jpg

dX6XNnc.gif

I'm on the verge of tears seeing this. I've wanted to be a naval aviator since I was a child. That dream never came true, but at least I can live it virtually. :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...

WTF? Awesome!!!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Those figurines are a work of art! Just a thought, do think we will ever be able to 'be' a crewman on deck and watch the action from their perspective? I do not mean control it, just a step ahead of putting a static camera on the flight deck.

I might have just answered my own question, would we be able to put a camera view on a crewman, some time Way in the future?

Those figurines are a work of art! Just a thought, do think we will ever be able to 'be' a crewman on deck and watch the action from their perspective? I do not mean control it, just a step ahead of putting a static camera on the flight deck.

I might have just answered my own question, would we be able to put a camera view on a crewman, some time Way in the future?

It would be quite easy to add "spectator" camera points on the deck. (CTRL-11 as well).

That's a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Great, now we're going to have an "Aviation Boatswain's Mate module?" :lol:

What I would really like is a "virtual carrier," complete with fully interactive ready rooms and staterooms, but that's probably too much to ask.

What I would really like is a "virtual carrier," complete with fully interactive ready rooms and staterooms, but that's probably too much to ask.

Just a bit. :megalol:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Great, now we're going to have an "Aviation Boatswain's Mate module?" :lol:

Can't wait for more info on DCS' Carrier Module. We haven't heard anything about it in a while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forrestal and Nimitz classes yes. I haven't heard of anyone making a Kitty Hawk... I'd love to have the Hawk though, she was the first ship I deployed on... and Nimitz was my last.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Forrestal and Nimitz classes yes. I haven't heard of anyone making a Kitty Hawk... I'd love to have the Hawk though, she was the first ship I deployed on... and Nimitz was my last.:thumbup:

One of the coolest things about Fleet Defender was it allowed you to select which aircraft carrier class you operated from. No other game ever got around to doing that.

When this module gets released, I want to fly off the deck of the Independence, Constellation, Enterprise, Carl Vinson, and Abraham Lincoln.

• 3 weeks later...

Read up date and see that already had one aircraft not announced priority ahead of the F-14, know that now there are other two, i now the work of LN and unique but today I do not know if it was right the announcement of an aircraft that was placed in the "frezze" for the development of others. Sad to think that the project should not go out so early.

But still watching and wishing the best to the whole team LN. Keep going guys.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Read up date and see that already had one aircraft not announced priority ahead of the F-14, know that now there are other two, i now the work of LN and unique but today I do not know if it was right the announcement of an aircraft that was placed in the "frezze" for the development of others. Sad to think that the project should not go out so early.

But still watching and wishing the best to the whole team LN. Keep going guys.

If your referring to the Tomcat being put on ice to develop the Viggen and Corsair I believed you are incorrect. There has been many updates on the Tomcat throughout the year. GIFs, short videos, and several screenshots showing its progress. She is very much in the works. Now Leatherneck have said that work on the Corsair was slowed to allow for the development of new tools, some new software no doubt, but I also suspect it was to allow for the final push on the Viggen. We have received little to no information on the Corsair, Viggen, and Tomcat, because I'm sure developers want less distractions. With the way communities jump to conclusions and start criticising works in progress is their business and prerogative. Lots of moving parts so keep the faith.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Bunyap video show a Pre-Alpha version of Leatherneck F-14

WCaCa2ZMrRI

This is early development footage of the DCS: F-14A/B Tomcat module being produced by Leatherneck Simulations:

Check here for the latest updates:

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/f14/

https://www.facebook.com/leathernecksim/

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay....

F-14 Tomcat Design Evolution:

One correction: The F-14 development team is completely separate from the Viggen team with programmers working on the Tomcat full time. It is only Cobra who is moving from one to another as I noted.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1