DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

And I'm wondering if I can pay $200 and get early access for the Pre Alpha. :music_whistling:

;) just to be sure: it's not about saving some money for myself, since i would buy the full product of course. same goes for most people interested in the aircraft. it is just, that having a cheaper backseat option could open up the market to a broader audience and maybe could make it easier to find RIOs in an MP environment. probably depends on how confident heatblur is with their jester AI.

hello heatblur,

i'm really looking forward to the f-14. i think it has potential to be the greatest of all the dcs planes.

concerning the pricing of the module, i was wondering if you've ever thought about making a free or lower cost module, which would only consist of the rear seat?!

obviously most people would buy the full module anyways, but having a cheaper backseat-only (multiplayer only) option could help with getting people to fly RIO and i personally could think of some friends, who are not playing DCS, but might be interested in flying backseat nevertheless.

I think this would be cool. Or at the least, a free non-functional rear seat demo mode so I could take friends who are slightly interested in it. As well as demo DCS VR to people who know nothing of flying.

And I'm wondering if I can pay $200 and get early access for the Pre Alpha. :music_whistling:

Hmm, I'll raise. $500 plus (re-)purchasing the module on release.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

They do make them pretty! :D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Flying with rio in to night :megalol: great !!

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

That is one fine looking machine! :yes:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But is the F-14? Sure?

It is!

That is the pilot armament panel just above the VSI.

I see photo-realism is coming to DCS and soon! I didn't expect it to look THAT good! :D

Man, that's got to be a photo. It looks too realistic for DCS. If it IS DCS, I have no idea how I will survive the time until release :D

Heatblur did confirm on FB that the shot is in-game.

-Nick

It is!

That is the pilot armament panel just above the VSI.

I see photo-realism is coming to DCS and soon! I didn't expect it to look THAT good! :D

Heatblur did confirm on FB that the shot is in-game.

-Nick

WOOOOW Yes,the credit card is ready :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just saw that baby on their FB page......i still can't believe it's in game! I mean....... what kind of machine will i need to run this?! :O

(not that i'm complaining, mind you) :P

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

With the differed shading I've been amazed at how photorealistic some of the externals are like in DCS world with both Nevada and Normandy. I'm sure once it's been tweaked some of the cockpits will look incredible. With Oculus Rift the F-14 will be total immersion.

They're going to send us to Miramar! Well Nevada Actually but I'm going to pretend it's Miramar.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Just saw that baby on their FB page......i still can't believe it's in game! I mean....... what kind of machine will i need to run this?! :O

(not that i'm complaining, mind you) :P

I've already given in and decided that I will be building a new computer, just because of this aircraft. And then I will move on to building the sim pit, after I become hopelessly obsessed with flying it.

I´m a little confused about the release plans, what was said lately that I can trust it to be the latest information. Can I hope to see the Tomcat yet in 2017?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I´m a little confused about the release plans, what was said lately that I can trust it to be the latest information. Can I hope to see the Tomcat yet in 2017?

I believe the last word was that the Tomcat would be available for purchase (likely as Early Access) in 2017.

I think a safe bet would be something like the Viggen, maybe a little sooner. Honestly can't wait!

The F/A-18 was also rumored to be a late 2017 release by Wags. And he has been putting little F/A-18 teaser frames in his videos ever since. Going to be interesting to see which one comes first! Though my hopes would be on a historically inaccurate order... In my head (with the models we are getting) the F/A-18 slips ahead, by a sliver, for it's multi-role capability. But the F-14 still holds on to the Hornets less sturdily constructed airframe, Top-Gunning the second slot.

But I mean really... Imagine going on a OCA/Strike/CAS/Etc... run, while retaining better A-A weapons than the M-2000c!?!? GIMME, GIMME, GIMME! I imagine that in MP the F-14 is strategically going to be used as an area denial weapon, with it's capabilities to out-range pretty much anything and carry a boat-load of missiles. While the F/A-18 is going to be the true work-horse, getting used for everything.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

But I mean really... Imagine going on a OCA/Strike/CAS/Etc... run, while retaining better A-A weapons than the M-2000c!?!?

Better A-A weapons than the Mirage? Isn't the Sparrow and the Sidewinder pretty much on the same level as the 530 and the Magic?

The Phoenix is something completly different type of weapon and we will have to see how it performs against fighters.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Better A-A weapons than the Mirage? Isn't the Sparrow and the Sidewinder pretty much on the same level as the 530 and the Magic?

The Phoenix is something completly different type of weapon and we will have to see how it performs against fighters.

I think he was talking about the F/A-18c ie Aim-9x and Amraam.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk