DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

aRmXTdw.gif

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!! I've been waiting my whole life for good, high fidelity f-14 in a combat simulator! However, I'm sad I won't get to enjoy her upon release as I'll be deployed overseas next year. But you better believe I'll be getting her as soon as I get back!!

Time to practice my 4G negative dive. And there better be a "flip the bird" key command. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Where? I see AIM-54 launchers.

The attachments mounted on the Phoenix pallets are used for mounting bombs. Check out this pic:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0y_h-srpl7HqV17XEmGqn5EQ68SlVdg7YUW3iHX-k60KHSkuv

EDIT: LOL, I just accidently linked a pic from a post I made over at combatace!

http://combatace.com/topic/41622-f-14a-typical-loadout-in-air-air-combat/

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The attachments mounted on the Phoenix pallets are used for mounting bombs. Check out this pic:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0y_h-srpl7HqV17XEmGqn5EQ68SlVdg7YUW3iHX-k60KHSkuv

EDIT: LOL, I just accidently linked a pic from a post I made over at combatace!

http://combatace.com/topic/41622-f-14a-typical-loadout-in-air-air-combat/

Interesting. Here's another close up. I can't find a real close shot of how an AGM-54 is attached, but I guess it is different from what you are saying?

f14-detail-jdam-05xl.jpg

Can we communicate with other nations.

You know, give em the bird....

bird.jpg.2c97eea3f33b2cb7b5b35e12b0b9e404.jpg

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Interesting. Here's another close up. I can't find a real close shot of how an AGM-54 is attached, but I guess it is different from what you are saying?

The AIM-54 mounts flush with the pallet... It does not need an adapter.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Interesting. Here's another close up. I can't find a real close shot of how an AGM-54 is attached,

did you mean AIM-54?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Now we just need MIG-28's!!!!!!

Errrrr, I mean F-5's

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Cool. Those are the BRU-32 racks on the Phoenix pylons on that F-14B shot so hope that means Bombcat upgrade seems to be forthcoming. Hope LANTIRN targeting pod will be included, if so.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

A few details questions, fellas:

1) Are you planning on making separate A+ and B Tomcats, if only for A2G and livery purposes? (e.g. VF-84 vs VF-103 Jolly Rogers)

2) I see you're developing the pilots with the HGU-34 helmet. Are you planning on going to the HGU-55 for the B model EDM?

2a) If you wanted to be really cool, you could go with the high color helmets for the A, white HGU-34 helmets for the A+ (damn NATOPS), and white HGU-55 for the B. Any plans for this?