Pansonic 4K AX800 etc users, yo

Guys, whats your opinions those with this screen already ?

I'll likely sell my Titan SLI shortly and go for SLI 980 GTX to get the HDMI 2.0 Display port 1.2 compatibility.

I saw this screen in the shops and the picture quality was phenomonal; but for PC it's hard to get hands on comparison.

The next best thing would likely be a 1080 p screen; but Im not sure what provides the best clarity; text; reading gauges; etc..

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Hey Dredd,

To put it simply I LOVE my 65" Panasonic. I run dual factory OC'd GTX 780's, but I can happily run at 30fps @4K without using the second card and with it in SLI I get mid 40's to 50's.

Over the years I've run all kinds of configurations from a regular 30" monitor, 3 x 24" screens with a Tripple Head which eventually upgraded to ATI Eyefinity, then a single 40" 1080 Samsung TV and nothing has come close to how good the 4K image on the Panasonic via the Display port is.

My photobucket is currently over it's bandwidth limit, but I'll post up a couple of pictures when it's available again...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been using a 4 Monitor setup for some time; And I think it's better to go to 1 screen rather than use SoftTH to get more out of the cards and fps.

I'm just stuck with a dilemma of what to get; 55" approx, but 4K or 1080p.

Be interested to try DSR on 1080p

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

I would be interested in your overall setup because I run an i7-3770 @ 3.4 with 24 gigs of ram and a gtx 650 with a 23 inch 1920 X 1080 monitor. I only get about 15 - 22 FPS.

I would not mind some pointers in getting this sim to run in the....... 30's

I have considered "upgrading" my monitor to a 1080 40 inch TV after the 4k's get a little more widespread (trying to get it cheaper). I just wonder if that would actually make a good screen though.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just stuck with a dilemma of what to get; 55" approx, but 4K or 1080p

I ran DSR on my Samsung 40" 1080 TV and that's what prompted me to buy a 4k TV in the first place. DSR was really impressive, just a little bit blurry. True 4k in comparison is crystal clear, and it gets better fps than I did with DSR on a 1080 screen.

The only advice I have is you REALLY REALLY SHOULD do yourself a favour and get a TV that supports HDMI 2 (which means a GTX 9X0) or via Display port if you want a truly great experience.

You can run @ 4k via standard HDMI 1.4 @ 30Hz, but after comparing a friends setup using his Samsung 4K TV over HDMI 1.4 vs my experience on the Panasonic using Display Port @ 60Hz, I'm certain that I made the right choice with the Panasonic.

Dredd, Are your Titans 780's? If so, you already have more than enough horsepower through your Display Port to drive a 4k display...

QuickSilver, Check my sig for specs... I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Panasonic 65" or the 58" for that matter as a monitor. The only thing is that the 65" is really big when you first start using it, so much so that even I questioned whether I should have bought the 58 but after using it for a few months I'm now used to it. It's amazing to see peoples reactions when they first see it though :)

44DB0750-7B5A-46FF-B147-90E7C5881A53_zpsdyrrip3d.jpg

edit: note the 32" LG TV next to the Panasonic!

Here is a very quick little video flying the Huey: Link It doesn't do any justice to the quality of the screen at all, but it is more to give you an indication of the size of the panel.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm a few months into enjoying my 58" Panasonic, and am absolutely loving it. Black levels could be better in dark environments -- i.e. FPS's -- but in DCS, it's not an issue. It's my favorite setup yet, and I've been through many, like Ed said.

Dredd, Are your Titans 780's? If so, you already have more than enough horsepower through your Display Port to drive a 4k display...

700 Series; though they only have display port 1.2; and HDMI 1.4.

I have to use DisplayPort for 4k bandwidths.

I'm currently contemplating throwing both GTX Titans on Ebay this weekend to pay for GTX980 SLI.

QuickSilver; I'm also looking at a cheap 1080p 50"; though the one thing that will drive me mad is resolution of reading the guages, etc.

The Panasonic 4k Screens seem to be the only ones that support 4:4:4 Chroma in 8Bit using HDMI 2.0/Displayport at present?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

AX800 looks very very tempting. Just which to go for is going to drive me insane.

Thanks I'll check it out further.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Dilemmas dilemmas,

Have you guys tried using DSR on the screen in 1080p mode? This would be one way to get higher fps I would think on the screen with comprosming too much on image quality.

ie; 1080p screen mode; apply 1440p.

I wish I could take my machine to the shops to test; but its just too darn heavy; and the laptop doesnt have displayport.

It seems on one here in West Australia at present has the 58"; only the 65".

Is there any chance you guys could take a screen shot fron on of your desk and screen in cockpit of the jets(other aircraft) so I could size up requirements; outcomes.

PM me if possible. Would be much appreciated,

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Dsr results in a big performance loss compared to standard down sampling resolutions. Just get a 4k and upgrade vid cards or wait for the Vr revolution

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Dsr results in a big performance loss compared to standard down sampling resolutions. Just get a 4k and upgrade vid cards or wait for the Vr revolution

Any further information on that?

From reviews on DSR I've looked over so far, they appear to indicate that there is marginal difference between DSR oversampling and native 4k.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Straight up 4k will perform better than dsr 4k. Sli 980 has shown that for me. Dsr seems a bit buggy with dcs as far as performance goes right now.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

OK thanks for input.

I downloaded all the latest Modules and latest DCS World last night. (gosh I havent touched DCS for a year).

Tonight I'll install then try out DSR at 4k resolutions with Titan SLI. This should give me a good idea of frames and resolutions before I burn the wallet...

Made some calls today; seems stock is low on AX800 65" :(. And no one seems to have 58" version.. :(

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS