Pilot passing out

whitehot

I'm having trouble flying the 15 for anything more than a few minutes.

My pilot seems to pass out for no apparent reason

Sometimes I would just black out and be practically dead.

Some other times the controls start to behave erratically and basically the AC becomes uncontrollable and plunges to the ground.

Can somebody explain the process of cockpit pressurization, ventilation, and the pilot's oxygen system, I believe I'm missing something in those steps.

The quick manual doesn't seem to be very detailed about those things

thanks,

don

Edited by whitehot
typos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Open up the Quick Start manual and go to page 12. There are two valves shown and labelled on the two pictures. Open only those two valves during ramp start. Don't touch in particular the air valve which is visible (but not labelled in the manual) in the top part of the left picture.

Open up the Quick Start manual and go to page 12. There are two valves shown and labelled on the two pictures. Open only those two valves during ramp start. Don't touch in particular the air valve which is visible (but not labelled in the manual) in the top part of the left picture.

so basically I get that the "pilot oxygen supply valve" outputs fresh air to the pilots breather. IF the upper unlabeled valve is closed, the pilot gets air from the atmosphere. If opened he gets also the oxygen from the onboard supply.

So I believe that if simmed properly, we should start opening the upper valve at altitudes above 10000 ft to compensate for the reduced oxygen in the atmosphere air. Correct me if I'm wrong..

And in regards to pressurization, where precisely does the mark have to point? in the yellow sector ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

You don't need to touch the unnamed valve at all.

Just turn on the oxygen as stated in the quick start, and do nothing more.

You may be experiencing GLOC, which causes you to black out if you pull too much G.

The aircraft plunging to the ground sounds to me like you have entered compressibility. The aircraft should not be allowed to over-speed, especially in dives. Once you enter that flight regime, just put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

And in regards to pressurization, where precisely does the mark have to point? in the yellow sector ?

I think the color indicates the air temperature you wanna have in the pit - but I´m not sure if this has any impact on the pilot at the moment or not.

So you can set it to blue for cool air and red for hot air - yellow for inbetween.

Edited by golani79

so basically I get that the "pilot oxygen supply valve" outputs fresh air to the pilots breather. IF the upper unlabeled valve is closed, the pilot gets air from the atmosphere. If opened he gets also the oxygen from the onboard supply.

So I believe that if simmed properly, we should start opening the upper valve at altitudes above 10000 ft to compensate for the reduced oxygen in the atmosphere air. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Nope. The upper (air) valve is open when you start the simulation. Forward position is open. Leave it there during normal operations. Mixing of air and pure oxygen according to altitude is done automatically. You really don't need to do anything beyond what I told you in my first post unless something goes bad :).

I'll try to write a more detailed explanation when I have more time.

• Like 1

Ah, alright - learning something new every day :)

ah, I'm all ok now.

I get what you 're saying. I was looking at the upper valve handle, and seeing the label "zakr." I thought it was closed. I didn't realize that there is a small arrow under it that means that the valve gets closed if rotated in that direction.

In regards to pressurization, I reckon then that simulation-wise there is no difference in setting the system to hot or cold, as long as it is moved from its initial position.

Anyway, hope we get some full manuals soon, and that goes also for the F-86 and the Hip.

One of the part I really like about DCS is the massive amount of documentation coming along the simulated technologies. I think it's something that honours the amount of work the devs put into simulating all the systems our AC are made of.

The Hip especially, seems to me a very complex machines, with a myriad of devices to be fine tuned and nurtured, to make it work as intended. I'm really missing a real manual for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]