thermals

whitehot

It is well known in certain channels that the ka50 has the rwr capabilities.

It is well known that certain Ka-50 prototypes were so equipped. The Ka-50 modeled in this game was not.

So one would assume, if a module would come it be in the same state as an a10c, ka50 and such with not all systems implemented into the sim for obvious reasons.

... which systems aren't implemented? The A-10C, F-18C etc all have RWRs, it's no secret. The RWRs are implemented.

As an special operations fellow I can tell you with 100 percent certainty we would not work with a air platform that is not fully day and night capable in the west. Hence why I find it rather odd our Russian counter parts would...

I don't see the relevance. The 'special operations' that Russia used this heli for was COIN ... in day-time.

Hope someday the ka50 or other modern gu ship that is fully night and day capable come to this Digital Combat Simulator, as its a void that need plugging. Continue the good work

Other, probably. Additions to the Ka-50 though, I doubt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would rather hope to see a Ka52 some day with multi crew capability, ground radar and night capabilities.

Understood, but you then always need a Co-Pilot to fly or switch unrealistically back and forth.

I for one would prefer a Ka-50 with some care being taken, even if they ask money for it, keep it SINGLE SEATED, add Night Vison and maybe RWR if you want to fly higher than you should :)

ED should at some point make a decision towards playability as a whole, not only looking at the module only but also at it's place and function in the sceanrio they deliver. Not everything right now makes perfect sense and we all know that.

I favor playability over absolut realsim if it brakes the meaning and integrity of the gameplay.

There is more than one integrity, not only the module as a copy of the RL counterpart but also our gameplay on the server must make sense.

With, "that's how the RL thing is" gets us nowhere in playability if you choose the wrong weapons to start with and are unwilling to change things.

We speak to ED through this forum and may ask, dont we ?

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am not saying that I need it fixed, I love tha Ka the way it is.

Night Vision would be cool so we finally have a chopper for night ops

and dont need to override the Vikhrs and forget about moving targets

all together. Not a big issue but night ops are obsolete, there is no need to even spend time and money thinking about it unless we have a weapon that can operate at night. This is what I mean with "playability".

They make an option that you cant properly use :( DANG

Game Design came short at one or the other meeting

my 2 cents

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It has one what?

Because the very real Ka-50 your in-game Ka-50 is based on does not have one.

If you want thermals on a heli, choose a different platform, when/if one appears. You won't be getting anything for the Ka-50 to the best of my knowledge (of course, everything is subject to change).

and what about adding the mercury lltv in the loadouts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Awesome thanks Mustang. Be great to simulate that ka50n upgrade. That would by far be the best module ever. I absolutely love the single pilot gunship theory. It's always interesting to hear how bad budgets have such a dramatic effect on progress of systems like this one.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/ka-50.htm

https://www.facebook.com/interestingfactssite/posts/342942985805170

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

If i set it to the correct point...for myself

this Thread is a module request. And not a request to add stuff to my soooo loved Shark.

KA-52 for sure !!! :) KA-50n >> maybe... why not.

But the KA-50 in DCS we have right now, should stay the one it is. :)

Flying and fighting at night is not such a big deal with the current KA-50 in DCS.

So i do not understand why people request such things.

Same counts for RWR ... its not in there>so the Pilot has to deal with it.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Ok well add the ka50n would only add to the greatness of the Shark. No one is saying night time ops are impossible right now. Only asking for the N model with some flir advancements. Love the bird either way.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Yeah but maybe the Nochnoy has other disadvantages like no ABRIS but another night channel Monitor because they only did build one or two...for tests. ;)

I dont know.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 1 year later...

Awesome thanks Mustang. Be great to simulate that ka50n upgrade. That would by far be the best module ever. I absolutely love the single pilot gunship theory. It's always interesting to hear how bad budgets have such a dramatic effect on progress of systems like this one.

Mustang's link is dead. Is the ka50n upgrade still being worked on?

It would be very welcomed to add the night capability to the Ka-50:smilewink:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Welcome to 2016 thread, you were away form ore than a year....

As stated before, I wouldn't hold my breath for any update on the KA50 as we have it now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 4 weeks later...

a little push back to the original post.

I use the Ka-50 for night ops all the time. Like stated in a previous post, you adjust the intensity of the NVG and contrast of the targeting tv, then put the targeting system into manual override and you can hit targets with the atgm all night long.

Its not the best night fighter vs moving targets. But if your smooth with the tv slew, you can hit moving targets on a regular basis.

As for a thermal system, we all know ED is finished with the BS, I just dont see it happening. Nor will we get stingers on the wingtips or a RWR.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

• 3 months later...

Actualy night versions never get in production, only prototypes but....the standart ka-50 version was:

"Missiles: 2 x APU-6 Missile racks, able to accommodate a total of 12 9K121 Vikhr anti-tank missiles, Vympel R-73 (NATO: AA-11 Archer) air-to-air missiles, Kh-25 semi-active laser guided tactical air-to-ground missiles" capable of carrying r73's :D This would be devastating for the f-15's and Mirages in DCS :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the majority of updated tech went into the Ka-52 two seater?

The Ka-52 Glass Cockpit for sure, photos of which look superb!...(Hint DCS any plans?)

Kamov Ka-50N : Ka-50 with improved Night attack capability. Kamov Ka-50Sh : Ka-50 with improved Night attack capability. I guess these could be modded into the DCS Black Shark? We already have NVG though.

The R73 would be difficult due to the pods on the wings outers? But its a tempting fantasy......

Speaking of anti air self defence, I recently saw two of my wing men (#3 and #4) take out an A10, (AI) just using their cannon, that made me smile!:smilewink:

The Black Shark was one of the first DCS titles. I guess you either love it or not, as the case may be. For me, its a superb simulation of a single seat attack helicopter and does what it says on the tin! I still keep going back to it and after some hours re typing, it has all the old thrills!:thumbup:

Regards

David

Russian_Air_Force_Kamov_Ka-52.thumb.jpg.4d708b27803dc7313b93b7c3b4ffda52.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

This topic is already discussed enough, I just ironically reminded r73s :) AFAIK in the real ka50 r73's were mounted on the wingtips(?)

KA-52 is different aircraft in many aspects, it is not update of ka-50. Mainly it is not a single pilot which is huge factor.

Personally I like ka-50 in dcs as it is :) but any updates are welcome even some visuals like cockpit textures which looks outdated already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]