Co-Op career/campaign

siipperi

Hello,

I was wondering with my friend that would it be possible to play career/campaign of F14 on coop, if you haven't decided yet.... MAKE IT HAPPEN! :thumbup:

Are there any restrictions from EDs side that could prevent it, like we can only run single mission at time or could it be done in theory?

You can convert all Missions by yourself to multiplayermissions, even now you could fly campagins coop.

The man's telling the truth. You can do that easily with your Mission Editor.

One less thing for LN to worry about. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can convert all Missions by yourself to multiplayermissions, even now you could fly campagins coop.

Yep. The only downside is it isn't tracked and doesn't use the campaign system. But that is really only a problem if you care about your logbook and if the campaign may have branching missions at any point. Hopefully a change will occur whenever we get multipayer cockpits and formerly SP only campaigns (Huey, Mi8) become playable in multiplayer.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Would be nice to have it as native multiplayer feature, since I bet majority of DCS community have no idea how to use mission editor + campaign features would be nice to have instead of single missions without background story.

The real question is why do simulators have a single player mode at all anymore? Basically multiplayer mode simply means sharing data and replicating events across a network between all the participants there is really no need for a single player mode at all. It's just a case where the number of participants is precisely one, meaning that you don't have to send data to anyone. Thus if you make all your stuff on top of this mode all the content is automatically available to every pilot out there regardless of if they like to fly single or multi.

Of course this isn't up to Leatherneck, it's more of an Eagle Dynamics thing. However, I believe Leatherneck want to create exciting experiences in addition to wonderful planes (and this is probably something they've already thought about) maybe it's time to bug ED a bit about the issue. No more separation! ALL the content to ALL the pilots! To the barricades! Or to the nearest sofa with a fridge full of beer next to it, whichever is less trouble!

• Like 1

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

No more separation!

Didn't ED say that they were going to merge everything into one process (.exe wise) when 2.0 is released? I don't know if that includes multiplayer or if it is just the singleplayer. If it does, however, that might just indicate a step towards merging the single- and multiplayer experience, similarly to BMS.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante