Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Examples of complexity include e.g. Ground Radar, AI Systems, and more.

The statement says there is new technology being developed, not needed by the Mig-21.

It then says that the technology is complex. An example of how complex is given.

It doesn't say what the technology is, just how complex.

Ground radar cannot be confirmed or denied from the wording, that is all.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

On their website on the mig-21 page if you scroll down to the bottom on the left is what appears to be a f-4! But they also have pictures of a bunch of other aircraft all over the website.

I had a dream the other night that cobra told me that one of the other aircraft was going to be a thunderchief! It was kinda funny

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

On their website on the mig-21 page if you scroll down to the bottom on the left is what appears to be a f-4! But they also have pictures of a bunch of other aircraft all over the website.

I had a dream the other night that cobra told me that one of the other aircraft was going to be a thunderchief! It was kinda funny

If they were working on a Thud or an A-6, I would petition them to just outright take over ED.

At that point, they've won at DCS

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'd say they're probably working on a su-24. We've had an upgraded detailed 3d model for dcs world recently, plus su-24 is similar to the f-14 in terms of general aircraft configuration (two engines, variable geometry wings, two crew members...) so it would be easier for them to develop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like an F-8 Crusader... would be an excellent match up for the MiG-21.

F-8E_VMF-212_CVA-34_1965_(cropped).jpg

Yep! A Crusader has to come one day! It's one of the main aircrafts from the Vietnam conflict. And it looks appart, I mean I find this plane quite original :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-5E is the direct western equivalent of the MiG-21Bis. They are both low cost, simple to maintain light fighters built exclusively for WVR combat at a time when medium ranged BVR missiles were common. They also have similar introduction dates, both being in the early/mid 1970's. The F-8's in USN service were retired from service at about the same time.

F-5E is the direct western equivalent of the MiG-21Bis. They are both low cost, simple to maintain light fighters built exclusively for WVR combat at a time when medium ranged BVR missiles were common. They also have similar introduction dates, both being in the early/mid 1970's. The F-8's in USN service were retired from service at about the same time.

Being built exclusively for WVR isn't true for the F-5E, but it would be for the F-5A. F-5E's were given BVR capabilities with Sparrows and, eventually for some operators, AMRAAMs.

The Crusader, Mirage 3, and Draken would be better fits.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I disagree, the F-8 is a much better match IMO, also being designed primarily as a WVR fighter with its 4x 20mm cannons and limited missile capability.

Furthermore the F-8 was introduced in 1957, a mere two years ahead of the MiG-21 which came on the scene in 1959. As such their introduction dates are very similar as well.

The F-8 didn't end its frontline fighter career with the USN until 1976.

Finally the Crusader would claim the best kill ratio of any American type in the Vietnam War, 19:3. Of the 19 aircraft claimed during aerial combat, 16 were MiG-17s and three were MiG-21s.

I vote F-8 Crusader all the way.

The F-5E couldn't use Sparrows and had a radar range of 20-30km. There were upgrades made for it later on that added a better radar, AIM-7's and AIM-120's, but the basic F-5E from the factory was limited to AIM-9's and the guns for air to air.

And you reckon the 21bis isn't an upgrade of some form? :music_whistling:

And you reckon the 21bis isn't an upgrade of some form? :music_whistling:

He's not saying that it's not. He's saying the stock F-5E is a good match for the Mig 21bis. Besides, the F-5E is itself an upgrade of the F-5A.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit | i7-4790K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | GTX970 347.52