Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Well I believe that it has already been stated that one of the two un-announced planes is definitely a jet propelled aircraft, many here speculate it is one of the swedish fighters, the other is 99% certain a WWII era fighter plane, with the smart money being on one of the Japanese fighters, or fighter-bombers.

There's been more clues for the F4U than the Zero, though, and for the most part, until the landing gear post came out, the Zero wasn't even really in contention. I'm betting the Zero's an asset being created to support the theater, and the module will be the Corsair.

I really hope that Leatherneck doesn't make a WW2 plane there are enough of those being made by other 3rd party developers. I'm not against prop planes and would instantly buy an A-1 Skyraider or OV-10 Bronco its just that WW2 are starting to get "boring".

The MIG was and and still is the only properly made "modern" (multirole-) fighter and I hope they stick to that "era"

I don't if you've been following the different developments but there is a good number of "modern" fighters coming up also.

I don't if you've been following the different developments but there is a good number of "modern" fighters coming up also.

Let's see. These are the ones scheduled for release in 2015.

Mirage 2000 (RAZBAM) (Coming soon, probably end of 2015)

EF-2000 (VEAO) (HAHAHA yeah right, not happening this year)

Viggen (Leatherneck) (Not confirmed, but we know)

L-39 (ED)(Trainer)

vs

Spitfire Mk IX (ED) (POSSIBLE, but you know, dates slip all the time)

P-40 (VEAO)

F4F (VEAO)

F4U (Leatherneck) (Not confirmed, but very likely)

F8F (VEAO)

Spitfire Mk XIV (VEAO)

HA-1112 Buchon (VEAO)

We're actually pretty short on cold war era fighters at a DCS level. In fact, the only fighters we have from 3rd gen and above are the FC3 ones, and the MiG-21. Whereas we've already got the BF109, FW190 and the P-51 all in glorious DCS level.

Also, there's lots of WWII flight games. Like, a ton. We get kind of saturated with them. There's not a lot of good cold war era flight games out there, so our desires for fewer WWII props vs fast movers stems a lot from that too.

Agreed, and although I have all 3 of the current DCS WW2 planes (all purchased in 70%+ sales), I never use them. DCS is not a WW2 sim, it's a 1970's onwards sim that just happens to have a few random older planes tossed in. The Fw-190D9 in DCS is nothing more than a novelty to me for learning to startup the engine. When it comes to actually flying and fighting in a 190, I play the other combat flight sim. I know I'm not alone in that.

• ED Team
Agreed, and although I have all 3 of the current DCS WW2 planes (all purchased in 70%+ sales), I never use them. DCS is not a WW2 sim, it's a 1970's onwards sim that just happens to have a few random older planes tossed in. The Fw-190D9 in DCS is nothing more than a novelty to me for learning to startup the engine. When it comes to actually flying and fighting in a 190, I play the other combat flight sim. I know I'm not alone in that.

I dont think you are doing it right then ;) I have learned more about flying and fighting in the 190, 109, and P-51 than any other sim past and present, not just start up procedures but all aspects. The fact that I am not flying over 1944 era terrain hasnt hindered that too much, yes it needs more (navigation and comms era specific), but more aircraft from 3rd Parties will open the door for more WWII content from ED and 3rd Parties.

SO I don't get the argument of I don't want more WWII content because there is not enough WWII content.

I hope LNS helps take us down that road. Would love to see some WWII models from them for sure (or any era for that matter)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Oh well, discussed to death by many, and pointless to engage in more of these yet, I am bored and here it goes...

Let's see...

A bit convenient that you've limited your list to supposed to release in this year, and left F-18 and F-14 out of that list.

There is just no reason what so ever to complain about modules developed from X and Y era, none of them is too crowded (well if you ask me they can't ever be so but anyway...) and many modules are being developed from either WW II, 50s, 70s-90s.

There may be other WW II flight games indeed, which are not DCS, and do not possess DCS' feature set, and sandbox nature.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more WW II options, and from more than two developers, just as much as I look forward to 70s-90s, and even some 21st century aircraft.

However, what's missing is some 60s aircraft perhaps, the Vietnam era. Those would indeed be cool to have.

Back to topic, we've been speculating back and forth in this thread for a long time and many possiblities & clues discussed, and in the end they may all be way off, or may be not. If they do turn out to be accurate, possibilites for two unannounced modules include Hellcat, Corsair, Zero or another Japanese warbird, Viggen, perhaps Lansen (hope it's Viggen though), and possibly some Sukhoi attackers like Su-24 or Su-17/22 (I don't find those likely). Personally, I would find these all exciting to have (well, not sure of Lansen though).

...DCS is not a WW2 sim, it's a 1970's onwards sim that just happens to have a few random older planes tossed in... I know I'm not alone in that.

Yup, quite likely you are not alone in that. However, there are other people who either aren't too irrated by not having period correct maps & ground units, or just flat out disagree DCS being an only 70s onwards sim, myself included, and I would guess I am not alone there either. There are things that make WW II aircraft less enjoyable currently, visibility issues being foremost, but with it being inline for getting fixed, it's bound to become much more enjoyable. Even if I would agree with you for "DCS is not a WW II sim" argument (which I do not), fact is that it already has estabilished it's way to become one with many more WW II aircraft, as well as a map and ground assets in development. And the beautifult part is, this doesn't stop it from being a 50s or 70s onwards sim either, unlike people seem to prefer to believe.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

You might be right. Every sim is a compromise of various aspects. DCS WW2 planes have a lot of effort put into systems modeling (sparse as they are) and a moderate amount into flight modeling. Basically none is given to damage modeling, AI and content though. I consider clickable cockpits and full systems modeling a nice thing to have, but it isn't everything to me. I view the other 4 aspects I listed as substantially more important for a WW2 aircraft since systems management does not play a role in combat (other than the engine, but everyone models that). And that's where the difference of opinion arises I think.

Meh, I just have higher standards than some people here. If you enjoy it then good for you, but I'm perfectly happy playing 3 different CFS's to get the best experience in any given time period.

King I thought your standard is to fly low and shoot from 6'o clock low. If I recall correctly you were never a high altitude fighter:P At least the time that I flew with you and =LD= has given me that impression.:smilewink:(I miss the old days)

Sorry King, but I don't see any detailed WW2 sim featuring P-51D. So if you all the time mean BOS or BOM then I am sorry but Eastern Front is not my cup of tea.

I would love to see some WW2 plane from Letherneck.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I really hope that Leatherneck doesn't make a WW2 plane there are enough of those being made by other 3rd party developers. I'm not against prop planes and would instantly buy an A-1 Skyraider or OV-10 Bronco its just that WW2 are starting to get "boring".

The MIG was and and still is the only properly made "modern" (multirole-) fighter and I hope they stick to that "era"

I agree, personally I prefer modern aircraft.

But there are planes that simply don't have any structure to them. It's all ready there with modern aircraft, even with the MiG-21... it fits right in with the F-15, F-14, MiG-29 and the Mirage 2000 and A-7 are coming from Razbam.

The P-40F and F-4F have what though, over clocked 1945 Germans to fight?

I'd think it would be better if they got an opponent.

Edited by Bullfrog_

I'd it would be better if they got an opponent.

This is the primary problem with the WWII modules to date, it's incomplete and only covers the aircraft itself. I still really enjoy the FW 190 D-9 and it's been less of an issue than I expected. But it does limit gameplay options (I dogfight the Dora and Kurfurst against the Mustang mostly, not much else).

This is the part that might be different for LNS' next module - their last full Monthly update (FebruMarch) mentioned their ongoing theater development and plan to include theaters with all 3 upcoming modules (the Tomcat's will also be sold separately per the website if you choose not to buy the Tomcat...who would be crazy enough to do that? :D). They've been working on these for a little bit now, there may be something to show in the not-so-distant future.

It's all conjecture at this point, but if LNS does a WWII fighter it may be a COMPLETE package with the aircraft, era appropriate theater, and AI opponents. That really changes the interest and potential for WWII fighters, operating them in their true environment. This is the primary advantage of CLoD and BoS (IMHO), creating a COMPLETE SIM using DCS as an engine is a major change from the other modules released thus far. That said, many of the released modules don't need this complete sim (A-10C, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV2, etc) since they are a good fit for the Caucasus map. But the WWII aircraft really need it.

I wouldn't be excited about a F4U release if it is just the aircraft - there isn't much to do unless you create totally unrealistic scenarios. But a theater with the F4U...instant first day buy! Plus, it opens up the opportunity to use some of VEAO's pending modules in a realistic (more so at least) fashion.

This is what I'm excited about...hopefully it will happen.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

Oh well, discussed to death by many, and pointless to engage in more of these yet, I am bored and here it goes...

A bit convenient that you've limited your list to supposed to release in this year, and left F-18 and F-14 out of that list.

There is just no reason what so ever to complain about modules developed from X and Y era, none of them is too crowded (well if you ask me they can't ever be so but anyway...) and many modules are being developed from either WW II, 50s, 70s-90s.

There may be other WW II flight games indeed, which are not DCS, and do not possess DCS' feature set, and sandbox nature.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more WW II options, and from more than two developers, just as much as I look forward to 70s-90s, and even some 21st century aircraft.

However, what's missing is some 60s aircraft perhaps, the Vietnam era. Those would indeed be cool to have.

Back to topic, we've been speculating back and forth in this thread for a long time and many possiblities & clues discussed, and in the end they may all be way off, or may be not. If they do turn out to be accurate, possibilites for two unannounced modules include Hellcat, Corsair, Zero or another Japanese warbird, Viggen, perhaps Lansen (hope it's Viggen though), and possibly some Sukhoi attackers like Su-24 or Su-17/22 (I don't find those likely). Personally, I would find these all exciting to have (well, not sure of Lansen though).

Yup, quite likely you are not alone in that. However, there are other people who either aren't too irrated by not having period correct maps & ground units, or just flat out disagree DCS being an only 70s onwards sim, myself included, and I would guess I am not alone there either. There are things that make WW II aircraft less enjoyable currently, visibility issues being foremost, but with it being inline for getting fixed, it's bound to become much more enjoyable. Even if I would agree with you for "DCS is not a WW II sim" argument (which I do not), fact is that it already has estabilished it's way to become one with many more WW II aircraft, as well as a map and ground assets in development. And the beautifult part is, this doesn't stop it from being a 50s or 70s onwards sim either, unlike people seem to prefer to believe.

Of course I limited it to short term this year (The F-18C has no release date, and LN has confirmed the F-14 won't be out until 2016 at the earliest), as frankly, that's the only place where this discussion matters. I fully buy into the idea of DCS becoming a massive sandbox, where you pick what you want to fly, what you want to do and just go have fun with it. I love this idea. And towards that end, WWII aircraft, WWI aircraft, hell even Civil Aircraft are not a bad thing to be developed. The more planes out there, the more likely someone who's new to flight sims will find something they like to do, and expand the community. And that is hands down a good thing. I look forward to it. In the long term, we're going to have tons of cold war era jets, but that's not for another good 5 years coming. After the third parties finish their little trainer obsession, and after DCS has demonstrated to more companies exactly what they're getting into by signing agreements with ED Third Parties (I'm thinking specifically the fiasco about the A-4 when I mention this).

But short term, well WWII Aircraft just don't do it for me anymore. One of my first flight sims was a WWII Pacific dogfighting game. I've played WWII aircraft games on every platform imaginable, with everything from Blazing Angels level of flight models to IL-2. But I've only ever been able to play in cold war era jets in Ace Combat, later titles taking them out for newer more high tech planes, and Strike Fighters 2. I want to fly jets in that era when the jets were fast and the missiles finicky. Where you could just as easily kill the enemy without seeing them, as get locked in a fierce close in furball.

End of the day, I don't have a problem with companies making WWII aircraft. I'm not happy about it, I think they should make something else, and I won't buy them unless it's an odd one or a pacific theater one (Yes, I know, I'm a child who wants new experiences :music_whistling:), but I can't very well tell them their business. What I can do is make it known that a not insignificant part of the playerbase wants cold war era fast movers, and that by ignoring this largely untapped market, they're putting out another WWII flight game in a market that is already saturated, when they could be putting out a Cold War era flight game, where their only real competition is Strike Fighters, which is a single player only game now.

On Maps: I don't understand people's obsession with real world maps. Made up locations are in my opinion fine. A little suspension of disbelief shouldn't irreparably harm anyone's experience. I don't understand how some players can get so worked up over that. Bring on maps of Strangereal, or anything that any map maker wants. It'd be cool.

[quote=

I wouldn't be excited about a F4U release if it is just the aircraft - there isn't much to do unless you create totally unrealistic scenarios. But a theater with the F4U...instant first day buy! Plus, it opens up the opportunity to use some of VEAO's pending modules in a realistic (more so at least) fashion.

-Nick

I know I would spend HOURS of trying to land a Corsair on the flight deck of a carrier !

it would take a lot of practice, and I hope this does happen some day soon.

203087958_Deathfromabove.jpg.514f8ae06551c9419e161caa18d11d98.jpg

This is the primary problem with the WWII modules to date, it's incomplete and only covers the aircraft itself. I still really enjoy the FW 190 D-9 and it's been less of an issue than I expected. But it does limit gameplay options (I dogfight the Dora and Kurfurst against the Mustang mostly, not much else).

This is the part that might be different for LNS' next module - their last full Monthly update (FebruMarch) mentioned their ongoing theater development and plan to include theaters with all 3 upcoming modules (the Tomcat's will also be sold separately per the website if you choose not to buy the Tomcat...who would be crazy enough to do that? :D). They've been working on these for a little bit now, there may be something to show in the not-so-distant future.

It's all conjecture at this point, but if LNS does a WWII fighter it may be a COMPLETE package with the aircraft, era appropriate theater, and AI opponents. That really changes the interest and potential for WWII fighters, operating them in their true environment. This is the primary advantage of CLoD and BoS (IMHO), creating a COMPLETE SIM using DCS as an engine is a major change from the other modules released thus far. That said, many of the released modules don't need this complete sim (A-10C, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV2, etc) since they are a good fit for the Caucasus map. But the WWII aircraft really need it.

-Nick

I agree, a single module is nice and all.. there's some real merit to just wanting to fly a plane, I will be getting the F4F for that reason alone. But I'm not going to buy every module just to fly it. I don't see myself getting the F4F and F4U, I see myself getting the F4F or the F4U.

If there's period correct opponents/allies and theaters then that changes everything. The 'replay ability' goes threw the roof, more content, more scenarios. If there's structure, then I do see myself getting what ever fits the period/theater.

Specially with it being early/mid war planes whether than end war overclocked aircraft.

When it's all said and done, I do hope we see less WW2 aircraft and trainers and more cold war aircraft though.

I havn't realy been keeping up with this topic lately, but after reading through the past 10 pages or so I'm finding myself get exited about the Viggen comming to DCS.

It seems I'm in the minority here though. Personaly I'm not that interested in the "F-somethings." Quite frankly the module that made me come to DCS was the MIG-21. Why? Because it made me curious. I watched a you tube movie and thought "Well, that's different. I should try that."

The speculation about a Viggen is giving me the same thoughts. Sweden is just far enough away from the Netherlands for me to be unfamiliar witb their airforce, but close enough for me to have seen their planes fly. Their planes are different and it creates a mystique that the F-16 jus doesnt have. (the Netherlands flies F-16 for those who dont know.)

I find myself having the same curiosity for the upcomming Mirage for example. Its the kind of curiosity I need to stick with a study sim.

Just my 2 cents.

I havn't realy been keeping up with this topic lately, but after reading through the past 10 pages or so I'm finding myself get exited about the Viggen comming to DCS.

It seems I'm in the minority here though. Personaly I'm not that interested in the "F-somethings." Quite frankly the module that made me come to DCS was the MIG-21. Why? Because it made me curious. I watched a you tube movie and thought "Well, that's different. I should try that."

The speculation about a Viggen is giving me the same thoughts. Sweden is just far enough away from the Netherlands for me to be unfamiliar witb their airforce, but close enough for me to have seen their planes fly. Their planes are different and it creates a mystique that the F-16 jus doesnt have. (the Netherlands flies F-16 for those who dont know.)

I find myself having the same curiosity for the upcomming Mirage for example. Its the kind of curiosity I need to stick with a study sim.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey, I am too exited about the Viggen. A clear instabuy at day one for me, no doubt. I really hope they will do that module. It´s a dream coming true! :megalol:

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

But short term, well WWII Aircraft just don't do it for me anymore. One of my first flight sims was a WWII Pacific dogfighting game. I want to fly jets in that era when the jets were fast and the missiles finicky. Where you could just as easily kill the enemy without seeing them, as get locked in a fierce close in furball.

End of the day, I don't have a problem with companies making WWII aircraft. I'm not happy about it, I think they should make something else, and I won't buy them unless it's an odd one or a pacific theater one (Yes, I know, I'm a child who wants new experiences :music_whistling:), but I can't very well tell them their business. What I can do is make it known that a not insignificant part of the playerbase wants cold war era fast movers, and that by ignoring this largely untapped market, they're putting out another WWII flight game in a market that is already saturated, when they could be putting out a Cold War era flight game, where their only real competition is Strike Fighters, which is a single player only game now.

Well, it seems that LNS is more or less on the same page as you. They have or will (hopefully) release four modules for DCS. Of the four, three are Coldwar era machines - MiG-21Bis, F-14A/B, and ??? - Viggen/"modern jet". Their modern jet is very likely a Coldwar era machine, there really isn't a big variety of post-cold war era jets.

75% of planned releases of your preferred era is pretty darn good! Not to mention that the Pacific theater is likely for the WWII module. But they are wise to not box themselves in with regards to era or aircraft type (fighter, soviet, etc).

Plus, it's hard to know how much you might like a module until you try it. Plus, the organization learns from tackling a wide variety of topics.

I think its tough because so many of us REALLY want to see their upcoming work and try something new from LNS. Its making everyone cranky while they wait. ;) Lets hope a Glowing AMRAAM teaser video is around the corner...

Will undoubtably be worth the wait. There are a lot of half-empty glasses around these parts...

-Nick

PS: It sounds like their theater plans are underway. I found this on SimHQ: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4136679/Re:_DCS_newsletter_-_let_the_b#Post4136679

Edited by BlackLion213

i really hope not that there comes a viggen !!! i mean who really wants this type of aircraft except the 8-10 people in this forum.

Its outclassed by all modern fighters, its ugly as hell and it doesn't match in the new dcs theater.

Saying that i don't understand a lot of choices from the 3rd party developers....

Why not give us a "leatherneck-level" f-16, f-18, su-24, eurofighter (even a b1-lancer) and so on and so on

just stuff that we can see every day in the modern warzones

i think there lies much more money and interest in these type of aircraft (by the greater silent mass) than developing aircraft for special nishes

this i my OWN opinion!!! of course i can be wrong and there a more people interested in viggens and meteors.....

i really hope not that there comes a viggen !!! i mean who really wants this type of aircraft except the 8-10 people in this forum.

Its outclassed by all modern fighters, its ugly as hell and it doesn't match in the new dcs theater.

Saying that i don't understand a lot of choices from the 3rd party developers....

Why not give us a "leatherneck-level" f-16, f-18, su-24, eurofighter (even a b1-lancer) and so on and so on

i think there lies much more money and interest in these type of aircraft (by the greater silent mass) than developing aircraft for special nishes

this i my OWN opinion!!! of course i can be wrong and there a more people interested in viggens and meteors.....

We are getting a Eurofighter you'll be pleased to know. Head over to the VEAO section on this forum. We are also getting an F-18c from ED themselves.

As for what you'd call niche aircraft, well the simple answer there is that everybody is different. I'd love a Viggen! I suspect you are underselling it quite a bit and it will probably sell very well if it is made. I would rather developers made the aircraft they passionately wish to make, and have access to at the time of development rather than worry too much about what fits in where. DCS is still quite young, we are at a point now where we are starting to see new third parties come in (as recently as yesterday) and more and more stuff is being planned for DCS. Times are good, things will come together soon enough I am sure.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The Viggen is a strike aircraft, not a dogfighter, it'll be used for fast mover ground attack, which we really don't have a lot of planes in DCS that do that sort of work. I for one like the idea of bringing out more cold war era planes, not just the hyper modern jets. Cold War aviation is very interesting, with lots of diversity.

There's a few things to consider when making a DCS aircraft:

1. Technology. Modern aircraft are extremely complex and utilize a host of highly classified technologies. In order to replicate the way the aircraft functions to a DCS level, you need to replicate this classified technology, which may or may not be illegal. Getting permission to do this sort of thing can be difficult, making very modern aircraft, like say DCS: F-22A all but impossible to do.

2: Licensing. A full on DCS level simulation can actually violate the IP of the company that originally made the aircraft. Combine this with the technology classification problem above, and gaining permission to replicate the aircraft and its systems can be difficult, if not nigh impossible. Additionally, because of having to get licensing agreements with the company who originally built the aircraft, they will want a cut, and that cut could potentially make the product impossible to make a profit on. An example of that would be the extremely short lived DCS: A-4C module that VEAO started, then dropped, because they couldn't reach an agreement, despite the fact the plane is over fifty years old.

3: Access to Aircraft. This can be documentation, or access to pilots or maintainers, or literal access to the aircraft itself. There's only so much you can model without actually flying it. One of the reasons DCS: MiG-21Bis is lauded as one of the best modules, is the extremely intimate relationship LN has with the aircraft. Being able to replicate the very feel of flying it was crucial to bring to life the aircraft, and would not have been possible had they not been so familiar with the plane. This can make doing certain older aircraft difficult, as sufficient chart information, pilots or working airframes may be impossible to come by.

4: Developer Interest. The developer has to want to make the plane. You may not be interested in an aircraft, but if the developer is, that's the one they're making. The amount of time and attention to detail put into a full DCS module is immense, so you really have to love what you're doing, and LN has made no bones about it, they will only ever produce aircraft that they find cool, not aircraft that test best to a focus group.

With all that said, I think it's important to keep in mind that LN managed to convince a lot of people who normally wouldn't bother with a MiG-21 to buy it. I know personally that I had no interest in the plane, until i started learning about it. I only learned about it because there was a DCS module for it, and I saw some of the wip material and early previews and found that I actually found it pretty cool. Despite years of scoffing at the MiG-21, thinking it was ugly and useless, It's now my favorite DCS module to fly. When the Viggen comes around, once you've had a chance to see more of it, you may feel differently. You may find you can find some sort of brutal machine beauty in its shape, or find the way it operates to be fascinating enough to put aside looks. I know that I'm not especially enamored with the bird, but LN has charmed me before, so I'm more than willing to keep and open mind, and you should too.

The Viggen is a strike aircraft, not a dogfighter, it'll be used for fast mover ground attack, which we really don't have a lot of planes in DCS that do that sort of work. I for one like the idea of bringing out more cold war era planes, not just the hyper modern jets. Cold War aviation is very interesting, with lots of diversity.

There's a few things to consider when making a DCS aircraft:

1. Technology. Modern aircraft are extremely complex and utilize a host of highly classified technologies. In order to replicate the way the aircraft functions to a DCS level, you need to replicate this classified technology, which may or may not be illegal. Getting permission to do this sort of thing can be difficult, making very modern aircraft, like say DCS: F-22A all but impossible to do.

2: Licensing. A full on DCS level simulation can actually violate the IP of the company that originally made the aircraft. Combine this with the technology classification problem above, and gaining permission to replicate the aircraft and its systems can be difficult, if not nigh impossible. Additionally, because of having to get licensing agreements with the company who originally built the aircraft, they will want a cut, and that cut could potentially make the product impossible to make a profit on. An example of that would be the extremely short lived DCS: A-4C module that VEAO started, then dropped, because they couldn't reach an agreement, despite the fact the plane is over fifty years old.

3: Access to Aircraft. This can be documentation, or access to pilots or maintainers, or literal access to the aircraft itself. There's only so much you can model without actually flying it. One of the reasons DCS: MiG-21Bis is lauded as one of the best modules, is the extremely intimate relationship LN has with the aircraft. Being able to replicate the very feel of flying it was crucial to bring to life the aircraft, and would not have been possible had they not been so familiar with the plane. This can make doing certain older aircraft difficult, as sufficient chart information, pilots or working airframes may be impossible to come by.

4: Developer Interest. The developer has to want to make the plane. You may not be interested in an aircraft, but if the developer is, that's the one they're making. The amount of time and attention to detail put into a full DCS module is immense, so you really have to love what you're doing, and LN has made no bones about it, they will only ever produce aircraft that they find cool, not aircraft that test best to a focus group.

With all that said, I think it's important to keep in mind that LN managed to convince a lot of people who normally wouldn't bother with a MiG-21 to buy it. I know personally that I had no interest in the plane, until i started learning about it. I only learned about it because there was a DCS module for it, and I saw some of the wip material and early previews and found that I actually found it pretty cool. Despite years of scoffing at the MiG-21, thinking it was ugly and useless, It's now my favorite DCS module to fly. When the Viggen comes around, once you've had a chance to see more of it, you may feel differently. You may find you can find some sort of brutal machine beauty in its shape, or find the way it operates to be fascinating enough to put aside looks. I know that I'm not especially enamored with the bird, but LN has charmed me before, so I'm more than willing to keep and open mind, and you should too.

i understand and agree a lot with your thoughts :smartass:

and there is no doubt that the models of LN are top notch no mather if i am personally intrested in them or not.

i still think that there are more people buying and want to learn about an aircraft that they know actually and see in the real world. (like i said before thats my own opinion)

and just to clear that out !! i don't want a "super-duper" laser/facer fancy f-22 raptor or something like that and go for a arcade fight in a multiplayer :lol:

i know that licensing and access to the real plane is a big issue here... but i still don't want to lose my hope that there is an aircraft coming (eventually) that i really want to study in :smilewink:

I'd think it would be better if they got an opponent.

Which is exactly who they did fight. while serving with the Brits (Who are making both those modules) -Woog