Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Well, put it like this... I would much rather fly a interceptor/fighter intercepting targets to shoot down, than flying a slow bomber dropping a few bombs here and there and go home to re-arm.

Im only reacting to how you made the whole interceptor role seem like it consists of 3 steps. I can do the same about ground attack 1. fly slow, 2. drop bomb, 3. go home.

I get that you would enjoy a bomber more, and trust me.. i would like one too. However being completely ignorant, stating "Early cold war interceptors are way too boring, just launch a stupid genie and go home…" is stupid...

You're overreacting, what would be the exciting type of mission profile of a F-106 then ? what would be the other more steps that the 3 ones you mentions ? I don't feel ignorant at all yet… Please confirm that YOU don't ignore the B-58 was mach 2 capable in contrast of the hem… stupid caricature examples stating that such bombers flew slow :noexpression:

Some interceptors were not literally automatically piloted from ground like drones ? Soviet pilots had not to be radioed every single maneuver by an officer from the ground ? That are the aspects of interception I feel boring. Not to mention the 2km blast radius genie…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

You're overreacting, what would be the exciting type of mission profile of a F-106 then ? what would be the other more steps that the 3 ones you mentions ? I don't feel ignorant at all yet… Please confirm that YOU don't ignore the B-58 was mach 2 capable in contrast of the hem… stupid caricature examples stating that such bombers flew slow :noexpression:

Some interceptors were not literally automatically piloted from ground like drones ? Soviet pilots had not to be radioed every single maneuver by an officer from the ground ? That are the aspects of interception I feel boring. Not to mention the 2km blast radius genie…

Sorry, yes... however, as stated.. i would love a b-58 ;) but i dont see the reason to bash on people who have a different opinion like you did :P i also see why a f-106 could be just as interesting for some other people

Oh, and it was meant to be a stereotype for bombers.. i know the b-58 is freakin' fast :thumbup:

How about we stop it there btw? i definately overreacted..

Anybody hunt for clues at NTTR yet?

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

I would be in coma if they announce F-16.

Same but before I run naked outside!

Time to stop trainers and to go big!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yeah sorry I forgot I was on a sensible part of the internet :) I'm just used to spelling things out in other forums hah!

No problem, I glad you think of us as sensible :D

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Yeah sure

I also suggest that includes americans not allowed to talk about:

F18

F16

F104

F106

V-22 Osprey

A-6

P40

OA-10

F-14

and so on...

For gods sake, The Viggen is our only hope for us starving swedes... :smilewink:

AH-64 it is.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

Does that mean that the two mystery planes won't be released this year?

I'll be a pessimist and say January/February. Maybe I'll be surprised......

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

The F-104 served with the USAF from 1958 until 1969, and continued with Air National Guard units until 1975 , but what Liger Zero said, a whole lot of nations around the world used the 104 for many many years. Italy retired it from service in October 2004....

I would love a G version!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]