Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

We have the answer to our speculations now.

So... Can we possibly close this thread or let it die? It lived too long already.

Well, if LN shuts down after the new planes come out, then sure..

But i think they might be planning to make more...

Oh, and after the other threads got smashed into this one i now have the first post, and is acually focused on the MiG-25 :P

Im such a topic stealer...

Edited by Farlander

When they get to the next plane, they will have figured out, A-G radar, have Jester, and carrier ops. They could easily due the S-3 Viking...

Just kidding, they could easily do the A-3 Whale...

Kidding again. Of course what I'm thinking is the Intruder. [ame=

]
[/ame]

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

I will put my favorite aircrafts, any of these would be wellcome:

F-35

Pak Fa

Gripen

F-16

Modern F-15 versions

Su-35

F-22

lol

Well, since LNS is a Swedish based team (mostly) I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a J-29 eventually to match the MIG-15 and F-86.

An upgraded Draken model would fit into the emerging DCS 70's timeline nicely, with MiG-21, F-5E & AJ 37 (if the mission maker just restricted the Viggen's weapons to a 70s payload).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would very much like more SAAB's, such as Draken, Gripen, Lansen or Tunnan but i also desperatly want more russian aircrafts such as Su-17, MiG-23 and Su-24.

Now thats my wishlist, which this thread isn't about so what i think they will do is:

Adding a Japanese WW2 fighter of some description seems the most likely.

I would very much like more SAAB's, such as Draken, Gripen, Lansen or Tunnan but i also desperatly want more russian aircrafts such as Su-17, MiG-23 and Su-24.

Now thats my wishlist, which this thread isn't about so what i think they will do is:

Adding a Japanese WW2 fighter of some description seems the most likely.

Along with a Wildcat/Hellcat/F4U :D

I'll take any Carrier I can get !

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

+1 for a full range of SAAB Cold War era planes.

But as you say Skjold, the Pacific scenario needs more planes and the Corsair needs other than AI opponents. And all WW2 scenarios needs bombers...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

+1 for a full range of SAAB Cold War era planes.

But as you say Skjold, the Pacific scenario needs more planes and the Corsair needs other than AI opponents. And all WW2 scenarios needs bombers...

I think we need some soviet planes again after the F-14 ;) I'd love a full lineup with swedish airframes but im Norwegian, so it's not on my top 10 list..

(Well, i did hope for viggen.. But that thing is just amazing..)

EDIT:

(I'd actually enjoy the Tunnan... except.. I'd have to get a texture mod for the horrible cockpit :P )

On the ED forums, "speculation" seems to be a synonym for "wishlist" ;).

Yes, we know what the LNS modules are now and people are still making wildly unfounded guesses. Usually it's just about what they personally want in DCS which is most certainly wish list material...:doh:

Since the Steam leak, we don't even have any clues to speculate on right now. It's pretty humorous.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

On the ED forums, "speculation" seems to be a synonym for "wishlist" ;).

Indeed and I find it pretty annoying sometimes that many people here don't know the difference between speculating what comes next (based on known facts) and wishing what comes next (based on what they want). :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Indeed and I find it pretty annoying sometimes that many people here don't know the difference between speculating what comes next (based on known facts) and wishing what comes next (based on what they want). :(

What, like

"DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!":lol:

Just joking.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

What, like

"DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!":lol:

Just joking.

That belongs to my signature, not to the thread ;)

Well, I actually posted something about the Tornado in this thread, but that was earlier, when we had less information about the incoming aircraft and when the hints we had did kinda fit the Tornado (Thrust Reverser, Ground Radar)

But I have other places to promote my beloved Tornado (Polychop and VEAO forums) :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for answer

The current LN roadmap is that sometime in the first half of 2016, the AJS-37 Viggen and the F-4U-1 Corsair will be released. Which one comes out first isn't yet known, and if I recall correctly, the corresponding maps will not be released at the same time, but rather at a later date down the road. After those releases, LN claims that in the second half of 2016 they will release their F-14 module. Whether or not both will be released at this time is again, unclear, but it is suspected that only the F-14A will be availible at this time, with the B coming several months later, as it is the more advanced aircraft.

However, LN has demonstrated an inability to hit deadlines, if you recall, either the F-4U or the AJS-37 was meant to be announced 5 months ago, and wasn't, and that either the F-4U or the AJS-37 was meant to be released before the end of year 2015, something that notably, did not happen, either one.

A more reasonable assumption, based on LN track record is that the AJS-37 will be released second half 2016, with the F-14 following on a year later. The F-4U coming out somewhere inside that mix, though potentially, as it is a WWII prop and not all that complicated in comparison to the other projects, could very well release in the first half of 2016 to complete part of their promise, by having a plane come out first half 2016.