Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Surprise everyone and make F-15C :cheer3nc:

Another icon, low hanging fruit, A2A only, weapons already done, shorter dev time, easy money.

• Like 7

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

8 hours ago, draconus said:

Another icon, low hanging fruit, A2A only, weapons already done, shorter dev time, easy money.

Full fidelity fighter variant F-15A or C "not a single pound for air to ground" would be great, but i don't think it would be wise to have three different variants made by 3 different teams, FC3 F-15C by ED, F-15E by RAZBAM and F-15A or C by Heatblur. They would result in repeating each other's work, wasting the time and finally presenting inconsistent modules.

Our best hope for fighter F-15 will be RAZBAM F-15A/C derived from F-15E or ED upgrading existing F-15C to the full fidelity standard.

All aircrafts people propose here for Heatblur looks fantastic F-111, F-4, Draken, Tornado

When i think about what HB said, A-6 has been revealed earlier than they wanted due to some guys guessed they wouldn't be making A-6 only to make an AI aircraft... This strongy suggest J35 Draken may be one of the two non revealed modules. Oh yeah!

draken2.jpg

• Like 6

Whatever  aircraft modules HB is going to release, I'd suggest they start by releasing the early variants first (the opposite of what they did with the F-14B being released before the -A).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

3 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Gripen C could also be a possibility, seeing as it's soon replaced by the Gripen E. Likely won't be several years before HB make their next aircraft anyway. 

eehh wasn't the reason why HB made the AJS version instead of the JA was because some the of the system from the JA is still being used on the Gripen?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Gripen C could also be a possibility, seeing as it's soon replaced by the Gripen E. Likely won't be several years before HB make their next aircraft anyway. 

Heatblur is definitely interested in that as they tried to get in contact with Saab for a Gripen a while ago:

Who knows, maybe this worked out and they're already busy with a Gripen for DCS :dunno:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 7/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, ustio said:

eehh wasn't the reason why HB made the AJS version instead of the JA was because some the of the system from the JA is still being used on the Gripen?

That's what I thought. And this was probably going to be a Gripen A, the problem was that some of the systems were used/derived from the JA 37 mod. D, which was also classified (the mod. D being an early 2000s variant of the JA 37).

As for what the modules could be, here's what I'm hoping for:

• F-4S Phantom II (which is probably the most appropriate version for the Forrestal HB are offering (which is at least an early 80s fit).
  • F-111F circa 1981-1991.
  • Tornado IDS (preferably an 80s RAF GR.1, but I'll take any IDS from the same period).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

11 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Heatblur is definitely interested in that as they tried to get in contact with Saab for a Gripen a while ago:

Who knows, maybe this worked out and they're already busy with a Gripen for DCS :dunno:

Yeah I'm really hoping for that. A Gripen C in DCS would be amazing.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, draconus said:

Imagine Heatblur's F-15 as an F-14 counterpart:

Analog F-15A from mid 1970s Israeli-Arab wars,

Semi-analog F-15C from 1979,

Digital F-15C MSIPII from 1985, with all it's electronic gizmos and the Desert Storm

But what other guys said it wouldn't be wise making different F-15s by different developers. Even if Heatblur is arguably the best 3rd party.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3

On 7/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, Northstar98 said:

That's what I thought. And this was probably going to be a Gripen A, the problem was that some of the systems were used/derived from the JA 37 mod. D, which was also classified (the mod. D being an early 2000s variant of the JA 37).

As for what the modules could be, here's what I'm hoping for:

• F-4S Phantom II (which is probably the most appropriate version for the Forrestal HB are offering (which is at least an early 80s fit).
  • F-111F circa 1981-1991.
  • Tornado IDS (preferably an 80s RAF GR.1, but I'll take any IDS from the same period).

Didn’t they state somewhere in connection with their development map, that the 2 other modules would be „Fighter-type“ aircraft?

Granted that definition can be somewhat interpreted broadly , but then again I‘m almost sure they would’ve said „attack“ , „strike“ or „bomber“ or nothing at all if that applied .

But that’s all guessing. 

regards,

Snappy 

Just now, Snappy said:

Didn’t they state somewhere in connection with their development map, that the 2 other modules would be „Fighter-type“ aircraft?

Granted that definition can be somewhat interpreted broadly , but then again I‘m almost sure they would’ve said „attack“ , „strike“ or „bomber“ or nothing at all if that applied .

But that’s all guessing. 

regards,

Snappy 

Do you have a source? I don't remember them specifiying what type of aircraft was on the table.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Hi @Northstar98

Think it was this quote from IronMike from page 2 of the sticky development roadmap thread: 

Lastly: "Next Gen" means next generation of Heatblur module, rather then a next generation of fighter jet. I can see how this wording is a bit misleading. They will be fighters though, that is all we will admit for now. 😛

sorry,not sure why his smiley got supersized.It was part of his original post, it’s not meant to annoy you Northstar.

kind regards,

Snappy 

Edited by Snappy

21 hours ago, Snappy said:

Hi @Northstar98

Think it was this quote from IronMike from page 2 of the sticky development roadmap thread: 

Lastly: "Next Gen" means next generation of Heatblur module, rather then a next generation of fighter jet. I can see how this wording is a bit misleading. They will be fighters though, that is all we will admit for now. 😛

sorry,not sure why his smiley got supersized.It was part of his original post, it’s not meant to annoy you Northstar.

kind regards,

Snappy 

Thanks!

The only thing I will say though is that it's hard to tell whether or not they were referring to fighter jet as being the next module, or whether they were just referring to fighter jet generations.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

I'm confused, isn't their "secret" next module now officially the Typhoon?

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I'm confused, isn't their "secret" next module now officially the Typhoon?

They supposedly had 2 secret modules beside the Typhoon and the A-6E.

Though the roadmap now only mentions 1 secret module.

• Like 2

System:

I beg Heatblur to go backwards. enough of ultra modern fantasy-educated guess uber weapons.. You excel with tho 70s aircraft Vigen and Tomcat.. keep it real, keep it in the early cold war, keep it where we have data and bras balls pilots that by the way are diming fast...get the first hand accounts of the golde years pilots. Give us a Phantom or two 😉

• Like 8

I’ve got some on off info that the F15E won’t be multi crew or a “jester” scenario but would b good to see that thought after this last 5 years of work in progress pics , so my personal choice is the mudhen , but would b also cool to the other ideas here

:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Bozo_ said:

I’ve got some on off info that the F15E won’t be multi crew or a “jester” scenario but would b good to see that thought after this last 5 years of work in progress pics , so my personal choice is the mudhen , but would b also cool to the other ideas here

Razbam is currently developing the Mudhen. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:54 PM, Leviathan667 said:

Whatever  aircraft modules HB is going to release, I'd suggest they start by releasing the early variants first (the opposite of what they did with the F-14B being released before the -A).

From what I have read the F-14B was done first because that's the variant they had most data on and it had a larger community of former Tomcat pilots/RIOs available to help as consultants on the project. It is interesting to know that DCS always tries to consult with former pilots to get their input to make the module as realistic as possible.

Which makes me a little more concerned about doing older aircraft because their respective communities of former pilots dwindle as time passes.

• Like 1