Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

As much as I'd like to see a Phantom, I think it would be a smart move on Heatblur's part to have planned an F6F as one of the 2 sikrit modules.

It allows them to showcase they can do something completely different as well, and we have the WW2 version of the Marianas map incoming 🙂

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

A HeatBlur phantom would indeed make my collection complete, but I think then taking their darken out of AI and into human controlled would be fine too.
The tornado is unlikely to appear; it’s been said in other parts of the forum that Panavia have already said they don’t wish to support such a project. A Lightning would be cool, but once again, I’m realistic that British aircraft are terribly difficult to obtain documentation on - the MoD classifies the hell out of everything .
That leaves the F-111 out of all the viable rumours, and makes sense given their work on F14 and A6 systems, engines and aerodynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The F111 would be an awesome addition to DCS World. Whatever the module turns out to be though, I'm sure it's going to be pretty great.

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, Steel Pioneer said:

Now that the F-4 has been revealed, there is one secret HB module left that has not revealed yet...

Draken or bust!

(please)

They have another in the pipeline? I would have thought they have enough on their plate now 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

We really don't have anything solid to go by to consider there is another unannounced/suprise module.

The "next gen heatblur module" card that's on the trello is almost certainly the Phantom, they probably just didn't update it yet, and it has a "2022" tag/label on it, which is the hoped for target for F-4E.

I know IronMike did say something like "yes,A-6 is last in the line, but there may be something else between Eurogihter and A-6", but then deleted that, and made a post retracting that statement. I would think, it can probably mean that Naval F-4 module may predate A-6 perhaps.

It MAY turn out to be the case, but right now there is nothing solid to think there is a surprise Heatblur module waiting.

Though, I must say that I REALLY want a Draken at some point too :P. Anyway, F-4E, and specifically in those exact two variants is what I've been wanting in DCS the most these days, and very much looking forward to A-6 as well, as well as final improvements on the Viggen and F-14.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

16 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

If HB is doing another swing wing, I want them to do the B-1B Lancer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd settle for the Lancer, but I would LOVE the F-111. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'd settle for the Lancer, but I would LOVE the F-111. 

If we're talking about swing wing, then it has to be the Tornado! 🌪️

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 5

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

5 hours ago, TLTeo said:

I love how any 3rd party developer can announce any number of modules that will take years and years to complete, and people still speculate on what the next aircraft after the next aircraft will be 😛

This so much!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Do you guys remember why it was the JA-37 wasn't possible back in 16 ? I seem to vaguely remember something along the lines of it sharing many systems with the JAS-39, but can't recall.

Having a blast flying the AJS-37 on the 80's servers, but man I'm missing having that gun and a less sensitive engine.

1 hour ago, Hummingbird said:

I seem to vaguely remember something along the lines of it sharing many systems with the JAS-39, but can't recall.

Yeah iirc the datalink shares some common features and as a result the documentation for a lot of stuff is classified (even if the implementation of the datalink itself wouldn't be a big deal in DCS for obvious reasons).

On 2/18/2022 at 5:42 PM, TLTeo said:

I love how any 3rd party developer can announce any number of modules that will take years and years to complete, and people still speculate on what the next aircraft after the next aircraft will be 😛

We're just having a bit of fun. What's wrong with that? 

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Happy Friday y'all!

bat1-Two-Panavia-Tornado-GR1-of-No.-9-Sq

Just cos there's no unconfirmed next HB module, there's no reason to stop speculating about the next unconfirmed HB module!

I'll see myself out 🙂

Edited by Tonker
Clarity for avoidance of further pedantry
  • Like 1

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

23 minutes ago, Tonker said:

Happy Friday y'all!

bat1-Two-Panavia-Tornado-GR1-of-No.-9-Sq

Just cos there's no next HB module, there's no reason to stop speculating about the next HB module!

I'll see myself out 🙂

Next HB Module:

DCS F-4E Phantom II including two variants of F-4E

After that: DCS Eurofighter Typhoon

Then, DCS A-6 and/or Naval F-4 

So, yeah, that's years worth of development ahead...

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script