Using Razer Orbweaver in DCS

I've got it working but only for limited commands.

Profile 1 - works for the normal Function Views (1-12) and for Radio Comms after TM Throttle Hat switch

Profile 2 - I've got a couple of keys working on the Left MFCD as a test. I tried to figure out obscure keyboard combos that would never be programmed normally unless you had 3 hands or very long fingers like:

Right MFCD OSB#1 >> "LCtrl - RShift - Num1"

Right MFCD OSB#2 >> "LCtrl - RShift - Num2"

I'm foreseeing some problems when I get to OSB11 and onwards. I'm wondering whether I could use macros to do that. Any ideas ???

Then I need to find another set of weird keyboard combos for the Right MFCD.

I also wondering whether I could use a HTML editor and do most of this manually on the Keyboard.html or is that just a reference generated by the program and not the actual configuration. I'll avoid this until I hear back from someone...don't want to put the entire program into a tailspin :)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Please, try the approach with the configuration as Joystick BUTTONS first. Chichlid mentioned in his previous post.

It should be much easier to assign the Orbweaver's button presses to functions directly.

Just need to tell the Orbweaver to behave like a "Joystick" with 24 buttons.

You could then use standard MODIFIER keys in DCS control panel to manage left or right MFCD?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm thinking about what you guys are suggesting...but I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

I don't see any native keystrokes or bindings for the MFCDs as there are for so many other buttons in the cockpit and the entire environment, so I figured I had to 'create' those keystrokes myself.

Ex: I don't know whether there is a keystroke that specifically actuates the Left MFCD OSB16.

I could do as suggested and "Just need to tell the Orbweaver to behave like a "Joystick" with 24 buttons." ....but how would I "use standard MODIFIER keys in DCS control panel to manage left or right MFCD"??

Also, the Orbweaver has 20 keys arranged 5x4 but the MFCDs are arranged 5 on each four sides so it's not a natural selection like the Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs that mirror the cockpit MFCDs.

In any case I have the top and bottom MFCDs working fine with the Orbweaver; those were the buttons I usually need to get to quicker in flight. I may have to invest in the Cougar Paks and reprogram the Orbweaver for other functions like Comms or more mundane tasks around the cockpit.

Oh...so much to learn

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC