The 20 best wargames of all time

mwd2

Nice comments about DCS, too! It's good to see.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Interesting titles some of which I haven't heard of. Also interesting some titles I would expect to be in weren't mentioned. May be I'll look some of those up when I have more time :).

Glad the list is pretty heavily full with flight sims though :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Strange list. It conflates sims with the actual proper genre of Wargames which is... well bizarre to say the least.

Whats the distinction you ask? Namely that sims are focused on single unit or small element simulation or while wargaming is generally about the operational level of war with the odd dip into tactical tiers of combat but usually no lower than say company sized fielded forces.

But hey, top whatever lists are almost always just click bait so its nice to see DCS recognized. Required damning of their choice of SH4 over SH3, particularly since they claim SH4 edges 3 out by the skin of mostly superfluous features.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.