Chuck's MiG-15bis Guide

Charly_Owl

While we wait for the manual of Belsimtek, I thought I would gather my thoughts about what I know so far and write it all down before I forget.

DCS MiG-15bis

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3RThWVG8yaUJacnc

Enjoy!

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 6

While we wait for the manual of Belsimtek, I thought I would gather my thoughts about what I know so far and write it all down before I forget.

MiG-15bis Guide

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20586543/DCS%20MiG-15bis%20Guide.pdf

Enjoy!

Hi Chuck,

first of all thank you. You made very good guides, i know you made others.

How do make them? I mean the original available full doc for the Mig 15 is in Russian.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing, making it me much easier to understand.

Excellent work:thumbup:

WOW,....you've done it already Chuck!,blimey mate,you must've been working on this day and night,to get this done,I for one,really appreciate you're sterling efforts to produce this,thank you very much indeed sir :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Chuck,

I have two questions about your guide (that is really well done).

Why not turning on the battery before asking for the ground power ? How would you use the intercom if the low voltage circuit is not powered ?

No flaps for taking off ? You saw that in russian procedures ?

Thanks for enlighten me. ;-)

Thanks again

Chuck,

I have two questions about your guide (that is really well done).

Why not turning on the battery before asking for the ground power ? How would you use the intercom if the low voltage circuit is not powered ?

No flaps for taking off ? You saw that in russian procedures ?

Thanks for enlighten me. ;-)

Thanks again

Maybe he's talking to the ground crew through the open canopy :music_whistling:

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

@Elefant

About flaps:

DCS Quick Guide recommends a 20 deg Flaps setting on takeoff. However, based on my own experience I don't need any flaps on takeoff. Like I wrote: it is my personal way and it is not 100 % by-the-book. The DCS manual indicates a slightly lower rotation speed (that includes flaps), yet I found another manual the gives higher rotation speed but no flaps. I tend to takeoff without flaps because I often forget to retract them and jam them during flight. Unless you have a very very short runway, I don't think flaps are necessary for takeoff.

About the battery:

Yes, there is a technical reason behind this.

I wrote the procedure that was in the russian manual. I am not an electrical engineer, so I'm not sure I can give you a thorough and meaningful answer. You'd need to ask Bunyap: I think he studied in electrical engineering.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Another great guide. Thank you Chuck :pilotfly:

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Thanks Charly, a great guide! However, I never use the airbrake on finals but leave it for the rollout instead, because this seems to suffice; no runway overshoots so far. Hmmm... maybe I should set up base on some short-runway AB such as Novorossiysk to see how I do there :unsure:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.