Mustang tuning NDBs? Homing?

Diplocaulus

How do you tune in NDBs or any homing beacons from the Mustang? The manual doesn't seem to cover this very well, and no mention of NDBs.

Thanks.

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

Possibly it never will be for reasons unknown to me.

Mustang isnt in Beta anymore, so ED is unlikley to implement it.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I don't know how much of a role radio navigation played during WWII (there was of course Oboe and Gee, but I think that was more about ground operators verbally transmitting vectors to allied aircraft), but it would be awesome if at least some realistic radio features were implemented in ED's upcoming Normandy 1944.

I don't know, did WWII fighter pilots rely mostly upon dead reckoning?

Edited by Diplocaulus

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

Only P-51D operating from IwoJima were equiped with AN/ARA-8 homing adapter (beacon was on on the island and several B-29 carried it).

ADF receivers were used in C-B-I (Cina, Burma, India) and the most P-51D from 5th AF operating from Philippines and Okinawa were equiped with it.

and beacons for Detrola were placed only in the USA, they were`t overseas, receiver was removed from the most planes in war zone

Homing device ("UncleDog AN/ARA-8" and Detrola) were not used in Europe and ADF probably too.

this is for WWII era, after war ...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Only P-51D operating from IwoJima were equiped with AN/ARA-8 homing adapter (beacon was on on the island and several B-29 carried it).

ADF receivers were used in C-B-I (Cina, Burma, India) and the most P-51D from 5th AF operating from Philippines and Okinawa were equiped with it.

and beacons for Detrola were placed only in the USA, they were`t overseas, receiver was removed from the most planes in war zone

Homing device ("UncleDog AN/ARA-8" and Detrola) were not used in Europe and ADF probably too.

Any ideas on how operated in Korea with the F51D?

So it's pretty much dead weight?

Any ideas on how operated in Korea with the F51D?

probably withou any, according to some photo from Korea where Ponies do not have required antennas for these device

but it does not mean that it (ADF) could be use in some planes

So it's pretty much dead weight?

no, weight of all these was not above 100 pounds together with wiring, it is nothing for plane with TO weight nearly 10000 pounds...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |