DCS Vietnam

DCS Vietnam Mod is finally ready to release. I´m gonna upload the mod in a GME file.

Get ready to rumble.

vLjff7d.jpg

lSoU7gX.jpg

n16PkhI.jpg

JKMUnUk.jpg

Link is up:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h08crv6s0za4u1s/DCS_Vietnam_by_Starway.rar

I recommend using neutral color in dcs graphics menu.

Also I use sweet fx. Here are my settings:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2ie3ceakk4z6d8l/SweetFX_settings.txt

This mod is a completly retexturing of the caucasus map in a south-east-asian look including:

- new terrain texture

- new forrest/palms

- new buildings texture

- new fields/rice paddies

- new skins for ground units

- new mountains texture

- new wide range textures (so that the mountains look green and not white in the distance)

Thanks for Streets and Village Mod Highwayman. I used it as a base for this mod.

Have fun

Update 1.1 is finished and ready to download.

What is new:

- Reworked terrain tiles

- Reworked river borders

- Reworked grass and fields

- Reworked beach

Please export texture-files to your JSGME archive:

DCS Vietnam by Starway\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTexturesAutumnOther

Overwrite old files. Have fun!

w5iwCm0.jpg

nWnZ2ad.jpg

8OwWA26.jpg

Z11KeHl.jpg

Link to the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6axw108w31n5d5/Vietnam_byStarway_Update_1.rar

Thanks to T@ker of news3d.eu, who gave me permission to use some of his terrain textures, which are part of a private mod, as a base for my mod.

Edited by Starway
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Can you explain what this mod actually is or does? Is it the Caucasus with some palm trees, or what?

Check the screenshots, this should give you the insight.

Also, have little bit more respect for the work of mods like this.

Thanks!

No disrespect intended. I assure you I looked at the screenshots closely. If you want your work appreciated, I suggest that you describe what you did. Is this a whole new theater? Is it a re-texturing of the Caucasus? I have no idea. Maybe you assume that I've heard of this mod project before now?

Wow ! Seems to be a nice mod, downloading !

Thanks for the work !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

No disrespect intended. I assure you I looked at the screenshots closely. If you want your work appreciated, I suggest that you describe what you did. Is this a whole new theater? Is it a re-texturing of the Caucasus? I have no idea. Maybe you assume that I've heard of this mod project before now?

Sorry, my fault. :music_whistling: Check post edit

A question: Why not chose summer season ? Because with this fall season maximum temperature is 30°C in ME...

Otherwise your mod is nice, it changes of Caucasus. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Credit to your work Starway

A question: Why not chose summer season ? Because with this fall season maximum temperature is 30°C in ME...

Could be for a few reasons,

1. Background colors of the Seasons all vary and bleed through to the modified textures, summer may not have suited it as well. That's originally why I chose Fall for my Desert terrain mod until I learnt how to tweak those enough too.

2. Maybe he didn't want to clash with my Desert terrain mod :)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

very nice, thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Starway,

In the one picture, are those A-4E's I see? If so, are they a part of DCS Vietnam?

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Its 4 am friday night in moscow. I have a dog fight allready with 8 f4 (4 for ga and 4 for cas). Awesome)))

Btw lowflying seems great! Ground texture and bushes looks pretty realistic even if you re 100-200m high).

Edited by UN9249

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantasitc work Starway,this looks terrific,all I want now is DCS to create an F-4 Phantom or an F-8 Crusader,or BOTH! :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home