Latency Compensating Client/Server - How that work in DCS?

Falcon_S

We know, lag is big problem for us.

- Many times i ask myself how that missile hit me that ''fast''?

- Why my RWR screaming although i`m destroy primary threat 5+ sec after?

- How is possible that some semi-active (for ex. R27-ER) missile going on me and hit me although i destroy their launch platform, so, without any guidance few sec and hit me?

Definitely in given moments, I as a client, I was in the past. Is it possible to somehow compensate this delay? How do these things work in the DCS?

100ms ping is high latency i think. What about 400??? It is difficult to synchronize this. In fact, it is possible?

Will be better in DCS 2.0?

Interesting article on this topic: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Latency_Compensating_Methods_in_Client/Server_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization#fnote1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

We know, lag is big problem for us.

- Many times i ask myself how that missile hit me that ''fast''?

Fast missile.

- Why my RWR screaming although i`m destroy primary threat 5+ sec after?

Because the RWR has a 7 second memory.

- How is possible that some semi-active (for ex. R27-ER) missile going on me and hit me although i destroy their launch platform, so, without any guidance few sec and hit me?

This has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with how the 'radar memory track' feature works. Alternatively, your jammer was on and the missile homed in on it.

I doubt it's going to happen. There's way too much going on in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Fast missile.

Big NO! They kill me on half circle RWR Beryoza ''countdown'' = Delay on my side i think or server/client related.

Because the RWR has a 7 second memory.

??? I don`t understand that.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

I think the game runs surprisingly well considering the ms range of the clients. For instance our server allows people with 300 ms as highest, and the game goes decently. Or atleast that's how we perceive it, after all it's difficult to really see what went wrong due to latency in such a complex environment. But compare this to CS:GO for example. A guy with 80 ms is almost impossible to hit because he's literally teleporting on the map.

Agree and understand. Just as i said, wanna to know: "How do these things work in the DCS?"

Big NO! They kill me on half circle RWR Beryoza ''countdown'' = Delay on my side i think or server/client related.

Or the missile could be coming from an angle that the RWR isn't covering. There's also a detection delay (IIRC) in RWRs.

??? I don`t understand that.

The RWR will maintain a contact for 7 sec after it loses the signal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda