aircraft which overlap with Korean period

The Russians copied alot of things, not just the B-29. You can start with the sidewinder. Or the suspension on the T-34.
Yeah, but don't confuse use a same technology to literally "copy". Russia paid their licences to build things, that isn't "copy" anything is just what everybody does around the world. USA also "copied" things from Russia and anybody say "the USA copy".

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Russia paid their licences to build things, that isn't "copy" anything is just what everybody does around the world.

Agreed

When a person, company, country, etc pays the licensing fee, patent royalties, etc to make 'it'

That does not equate to 'copying it' IMHO..

Which was not the case with the B-29..

The Russian's did not pay any licensing fee, patent royalties, etc to make 'it'

That does equate to 'copying it'.. Also known as 'stealing it' IMHO

Which was not the case with the B-29..

The Russian's did not pay any licensing fee, patent royalties, etc to make 'it'

That does equate to 'copying it'.. Also known as 'stealing it' IMHO

And that's why I said, AFAIK, Tu-4 was the only clear and shameless case where USSR literally copied a thing almost identical to original because USA didn't wanted to sell them a build licence :smilewink:.

About that being 'stealing' or not, copyright ethics and so, I think this is not the place to discuss. But some countries doesn't have those copyright laws, they 'copy' things all the time since ever, and nobody cares or blame them :thumbup:. So it's always funny to see how 25 years after USSR fall people still say the old motto "Russian copies" while actually they paid their licenses for everything.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

And that's why I said, AFAIK, Tu-4 was the only clear and shameless case where USSR literally copied a thing

As others noted, it was not the only shameless case

almost identical to original

Only parts the changed were the parts they were not capable of making, for example, the skin itself was something they were not capable of reproducing, which resulted in them using a thicker skin, which added more weight

because USA didn't wanted to sell them a build licence :smilewink:.

Im sure there was more to it than that

About that being 'stealing' or not, copyright ethics and so, I think this is not the place to discuss.

Agreed, and really no need to discuss it any further, in that it is what it is. Discussing it further will not change the facts of it.

But some countries doesn't have those copyright laws, they 'copy' things all the time since ever, and nobody cares or blame them :thumbup:.

True, but, one would not expect this from an allied country.. One that you just spend years 'giving' them the means via the lend lease program to stay alive

So it's always funny to see how 25 years after USSR fall people still say the old motto "Russian copies" while actually they paid their licenses for everything.

As noted above, not 'everything'

As others noted, it was not the only shameless case

Only parts the changed were the parts they were not capable of making, for example, the skin itself was something they were not capable of reproducing, which resulted in them using a thicker skin, which added more weight

Im sure there was more to it than that

Agreed, and really no need to discuss it any further, in that it is what it is. Discussing it further will not change the facts of it.

True, but, one would not expect this from an allied country.. One that you just spend years 'giving' them the means via the lend lease program to stay alive

As noted above, not 'everything'

Ok, Ok, I'll not discuss anything more. But yours is the exact 'point' I was commenting about, and that's simply not so true :thumbup:.

S!

Ok, Ok, I'll not discuss anything more. But yours is the exact 'point' I was commenting about, and that's simply not so true :thumbup:.

S!

Well I made several points, so, not sure which one you were referring too.. But, we are way OT here and it really does not mater if we agree on every aspect.. So, lets just leave it at that and agree to disagree on what ever point I made that you don't agree with! ;)