A-10C weapons training vanilla mission split to campaign

this is my first crack at mission and campaign editing, so please be forgiving. this is the vanilla A-10C weapons training mission with each target area split into a campaign stage. I did this because its difficult to finish that mission in one go, given the time constraints of real life, so this might be of help to those who tried the mission but for timing reasons couldn't finish it.

just unzip to mods/aircraft/A-10C/Missions/EN/Campaigns/

all feedback is welcome. if you want special stuff added please write here and I'll do my best. I am thinking about different aircrafts for different parts with additional units. also, stage 1 I think best flown by Huey, not Hog, because all targets are soft (but risk MANPADS).

future plans:

1- multiplayer slots for each phase

2- different a/c

3- logistics (huey/MTV)

4- SARCAP

5- recce (TF/P-51)

6- CA (TAC)/A-10A (AFAC)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xljaps5nllcl4w/WTA10.zip

for bugs, report here to so I investigate. This was done with 1.2.15 so no guarantees will work with older versions of DCSW

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Please do!

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

My expierence: Done everything right but lost the whole campaign.

Mission 00:

07:00 Entering the cockpit

07:00 Preflight

07:05 Refuel & Rearm completed, TakeOff weight 4kg about maximum

07:08 Request engine start

07:15 Preflight completed (map study, wind condition, fence in, fence out etc.)

07:17 Taxi Clearance

07:20 Blocks off

07:22 Take/Off Clearance Rwy 07

07:22 Left engine failure 20km/h before rotation speed

Rejected Take-off procedure, come to standstill 20meter before RWY end, left Engine on fire.

07:23 All engines shutdown, electric Master off

07:23 Call ATC: "Declare emergency"

Mission end result: "you are defeated. Mission & Campaign over"

------------------------------------------------

My personal conclusion after this...

pluses

- weather data believable

- very good voice file

- ingress/egress points

- after the short briefing and the radio anoucement of HQ not many questions are remain unanswered

minuses

- in a normal landing pattern the base leg for this a/c is flown ca. 6 km from threshold

Others

The landing pattern is not part of the route legs (is not be displayed and worked out on flight plans).

Approach to home base is just one leg to the base airport.

I have enabled random failures enforced so you can experience random events. Birds are set to 400% so you may have suffered a bird strike. Try rotating at 115 kts see if you can avoid birds. Set your flaps full to takeoff and ensure your fuel is 50% or less.

You got 79 vehicles to kill. I just played it and finished it in 3 hours (the first mission)..

Edited by WildBillKelsoe