Warthog throttle problems, spikes and floppyness...

Hello,

I was was doing some gaming today and all of a sudden the throttle slider (for zooming) started spiking. The LED's are already off but it won't go all the way to max (goes about 95%) and wobbles at full and middle positions.

Also, the pinkie switch on the left hand side of the throttle has gone all floppy and won't work.

I am imagining I am going to need some spare parts, so does anyone know what the switch, and I assume, potentiometer is?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How old is it. Can you open a ticket with Thrustmaster. They are very good about giving out replacement parts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Quite old, 3 or so years for a guess.

I honestly can't remember, but it's been a long time as far as warranties go. I suppose there is nothing to lose in raising a ticket.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have the "touch" you can disassemble the unit and use a contact cleaner without oil, to spray on potentiometers and sliders. This will stop spikes, your pots have developed dirty inside them.

Thats how I maintain my X52 perfect shape for almost 5 years.

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !