DCS A-10C HMCS Mod

Destroyer37

Anyone out there working or have knowledge of a Helmet mounted cueing system mod for the the A-10C Warthog?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Yes, I've envisioned something similar to the HMS in the KA50 only in the A-10C. I know that the current real world pilots are using a HMCS in the A-10C and I want to know if this is on anyones to do list here in the mods section.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

On second thoughts, the A-10C (in DCS) doesn't carry any munitions that would render a HMCS useful. Those toys are reserved for the A-10E/F onwards - the likes of which we do not have in DCS.

It /is/ possible to implement something of this sort, yet wholly unrealistic since it would require intimate support from ED to even begin to contemplate.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

On second thoughts, the A-10C (in DCS) doesn't carry any munitions that would render a HMCS useful. Those toys are reserved for the A-10E/F onwards - the likes of which we do not have in DCS. It /is/ possible to implement something of this sort, yet wholly unrealistic since it would require intimate support from ED to even begin to contemplate.

If for nothing else I was thinking just to slew the TGP or Mavericks...I'm not smart with this kind of stuff but could you please elaborate on why it would require intimate support from ED ?

Specs:

Thank you, I needed a good laugh tonight.

All you have to do is search these forums to see information on the Scorpion HMCS used by the A-10C (not the suite modeled in DCS though).

http://www.acc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123339936

http://media.jrn.com/documents/A-10C_Capes_Nov_13.pdf

(Slides 19 and 20)

Not that I mind, are you laughing at my post, at me, or at Sgt. Baker??

Specs:

So now back to my OP, anyone out there working on this for DCS as we can now see that the A-10C is currently employing this in the Real World?

Specs:

It's a feature supported by an aircraft that ED knows nothing about. I'm not saying that it's not possible, yet this is something that is specifically NOT included in our sim on account of being "very classified".

It's far easier to use the "boresight" - along with accurate flying - facility of both the Mavs and the TGP to point them in the general direction of the enemy.

Try it. It's very useful. You might like it.

If for nothing else I was thinking just to slew the TGP or Mavericks...I'm not smart with this kind of stuff but could you please elaborate on why it would require intimate support from ED ?

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

So now back to my OP, anyone out there working on this for DCS as we can now see that the A-10C is currently employing this in the Real World?

Again, not applicable to the suite modeled in DCS A-10C, the HMCS didn't get added to the A-10C until suite 7. The A-10C in DCS World is suite 3/5ish.

And as to what I was laughing at...

On second thoughts, the A-10C (in DCS) doesn't carry any munitions that would render a HMCS useful. Those toys are reserved for the A-10E/F onwards - the likes of which we do not have in DCS.

This entire post, what is an A-10E/F? HMCS not useful, tell that to the pilots that have been using it for the last few years.

It's a feature supported by an aircraft that ED knows nothing about. I'm not saying that it's not possible, yet this is something that is specifically NOT included in our sim on account of being "very classified".

More bad information, if you simply clicked on one of the links I posted a few minutes ago you'd see the basic capability of the HMCS. It's not included in DCS World because of the suite modeled. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Snoopy

Okay, this wasn't intended to offend anyone nor am I implying that anyone is offended. However can anyone out there make a mod to where I can have a HMCS for the current build in the A-10C in dcs even though they didn't have one in the real world until suite seven?

Specs:

And I'm not going to have an Internet Argument™ about this. The A-10C modelled in this sim definitely does not support an HMCS.

Did you read anything I posted, I clearly said MULTIPLE times what suite the HMCS was introduced and what suite the A-10C in DCS world models.

If you don't mind, Snoopy, they were thinking of them as something later than C models once they gave them HMCSs. :)

If you don't mind I don't think you know what you're talking about. :doh:

Slide1_zpscd0apq1i.png~original

Slide2_zpsvtismktb.png~original

• Like 1

The A-10C modelled in this sim definitely does not support an HMCS.

Its not really much of an argument really given the franken nature of the current suite we have.

Its not modeled because they chose not to model it. There's no reason not to since there are many things in the suites covered that are again not modeled for reasons other than "the military said don't".

HMDs are very useful for SA, in fact thats the point. You could give an HMD to a Cessna pilot in congested airspace and he'd have a use for it if he could tap into the right data.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Its not really much of an argument really given the franken nature of the current suite we have.

Its not modeled because they chose not to model it. There's no reason not to since there are many things in the suites covered that are again not modeled for reasons other than "the military said don't".

HMDs are very useful for SA, in fact thats the point. You could give an HMD to a Cessna pilot in congested airspace and he'd have a use for it if he could tap into the right data.

Google glass is going to be awesome for this btw...a little off the original topic but it fits loosly.

Specs:

I understand the concepts of how it works and what it does, I also understand the current suite of the DCS A-10C wont support a HMCS as it wasn't implemented until suite 7, the question still remains. Could someone mod a HMS for use with the A-10C Suite 3/5 (DCS) even though its unrealistic?

Specs:

I hope this can become something I think it would be very very usefull. Hell if I knew how to make it, I would...

Specs:

I'm no programming expert, but as far as whether or not this is possible, it'd definitely be a much more extensive mod than anything we currently have in DCS. It might be easy enough to copy and paste the visual of the sight from the Ka-50, but there is no mechanism in the A-10C module for slewing sensors to a point you're looking at. As much as any of us would like to have it, it strikes me as very unlikely.

• Like 1

I'm no programming expert, but as far as whether or not this is possible, it'd definitely be a much more extensive mod than anything we currently have in DCS. It might be easy enough to copy and paste the visual of the sight from the Ka-50, but there is no mechanism in the A-10C module for slewing sensors to a point you're looking at. As much as any of us would like to have it, it strikes me as very unlikely.

FINALLY! An Answer to the Original Question! Thank you very much sir! Rep to you!

Specs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
FINALLY! An Answer to the Original Question! Thank you very much sir! Rep to you!

So, bumping this after a few months, because I want to point out that if the sensors can't slew to me thats fine, but if a cross-hair or indicator could be projected over where the pod or Mav is looking, that would be awesome. Especially given that weapons like the Maverick can "hunt" for targets, it would be great to "see where the camera is seeing". Only way to do that now is put the Hud over the right area.

Yes, you can get a rough idea by looking at where the Lightning pod is looking, but it's more difficult with the Mavs, and not exact with either pod.