Custom switch panel - Just a quick question...

So I can start looking in the right direction, I just have a quick question.

If one wanted to build themselves a cheap panel with an array, with at least 15-20, switches (push and toggle most likely), what sort of product/software would I need to be looking towards?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

You're gonna need an USB Human Interface Device card like a Leo Bodnar BU0836X -sold in the UK- with no additional software whatsoever and a simulator like DCS will recognize it as a game controller which you can bind any function to using the options menu in game. That's the easiest way

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Cheers chaps.

Can any of these emulate keyboard button presses? I wanted to setup a small set of buttons to emulate the F keys.

That is a completely different project. Aside from the teensy, the other solutions mentioned are basically joystick controller/emulator solutions.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Cheers chaps.

Can any of these emulate keyboard button presses? I wanted to setup a small set of buttons to emulate the F keys.

Get an Arduino Leonardo (I got mine for 10 EUR shipped locally from Germany, Chinese knock-offs start at $7.31 right now).

Then follow this example (also has a link that lists what code to use for the function keys).