Throttle Axis Issues X-55

Chumanio

I've been trying my best to assign the throttle axis (not the collective) to one of the rotaries and can't seem to get it to recognize it. I'm mapping it through the software. I'm trying to map it to Rotary 1 (but I've tried Rotary 2 and it doesn't work either so it's not the switch) so here's how I've tried setting it up:

Directional Axis (even sensitivity)

Straight Key press (no macro) "+" = Page Up "-" = Page Down

Didn't recognize it so then I try a macro, thinking maybe it isn't reading it as holding the button but as a single key press so I do:

Press:

Page Up (press only, no release)

Repeat:

Page Up (press only, no release)

Release:

Page Up with release and Zero delay

Still nothing. I can't get any movement out of the throttle and have to use the keyboard to get going. I noticed also in the software's "Test Profile" that it shows Page Down as "Next"? I'm new to this software and flight sims like this so any noob friendly help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the advice, but I found my answer through a video frooglesim did on the X-55, albeit it's not exactly what I wanted but at least it kind of works. Turns out you don't have to press a key first before manipulating it if you set it to three bands and have the + and - set to a macro with a 10% dead band in the middle ( for the detent to not count as a key press). Unfortunately you don't get an axis control of the throttle like I was looking for but rather left and right is continuous up and down respectively.

Thanks again for the reply though.